Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Ashland 10/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts? Predictions?
After giving up 49 week 0 Ashland has giving up 42 points and 4 shutouts the last 7 while putting up 270.
If Greenup shows up to play they might be able to hang around for a while but I think Ashland's athleticism will be too much.

Ashland 49
Greenup 13
T-CATS Wrote:After giving up 49 week 0 Ashland has giving up 42 points and 4 shutouts the last 7 while putting up 270.

I'm not putting their defense down, but they haven't exactly played a good team with the exception of GW. This is the worst offense team Raceland has had since early 2000's. They do have a good defense but Greenup will spread them out. That being said

14-7 Ashland at half
35-21 Ashland Final.
Ashland by 12.
I think Ashland will win this game. Greenup should put up a fight and make it a game, but the Tomcats will win 2nd in their district once again.
Ashland really playing good ball, I'll be it against some very bad teams. Last year score was 42-10 and while Greenup is somewhat improved on Offense their Defense isn't as good. I'll take Ashland 45-14 something like that.
42-22 Ashland.
Ashland flys to the football on defense.

Greenup has an explosive offense.

Wish I could be at this one.
Ashland by 10+.
Greenup County will roll into Putnam. The Putty Tats will expect Greenup to roll over and quit because, well they are the Putty Tats. Greenup is not going to quit because they are still ticked off after the stuff that happened at last year's game. The Putty Tats will quickly realize that being the Putty Tats might have meant something 25 years ago, but it doesn't mean anything now.
Going with Ashland :popcorn:

Ashland 35
Greenup County 21
Westside Wrote:Greenup County will roll into Putnam. The Putty Tats will expect Greenup to roll over and quit because, well they are the Putty Tats. Greenup is not going to quit because they are still ticked off after the stuff that happened at last year's game. The Putty Tats will quickly realize that being the Putty Tats might have meant something 25 years ago, but it doesn't mean anything now.

The closest that Greenup County has been to Ashland in the 21st century is a 14 point loss in 2014 and a 16 point loss in 2010.

I will be shocked if Ashland loses to GC.
Greenup county with the upset
35-34
We Hang 8 Wrote:Greenup county with the upset
35-34

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Early on, I thought this might be the year for Greenup to take one from Ashland. But, sadly, that won't be the case. Greenup is quickly changing their football culture, but simply bc people are believing they could win, doesn't mean they will. But that mindset, is something that wasn't there 2 years ago. The fans were dead in the water and the team itself just seemed flat. Scott came in and breathed new life and these boys really do believe they can win each and every night. With that said, looking at facts....

Preseason I had this game, Ashland/Raceland, Russell/Raceland, Russell/Ashland, and Greenup/Russell as toss up games. Now, seeing as how the season played out, it's not the case this week. Raceland held Greenup offense to its lowest output of the season and put up 24 unanswered points on the Musketeers and this is NOT a dynamic and or explosive Raceland offense. Greenup struggled on both sides of the ball with Raceland's speed. Ashland is quicker and more explosive offensively and flies to the ball defensively and covers pretty well. I wish I could be wrong, but....

Ashland 42
Greenup 14
Ashland by the score of 45-7
Greenup County

I've said it all season, Greenup beats Ashland and takes 2nd place in the District.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Greenup County

I've said it all season, Greenup beats Ashland and takes 2nd place in the District.

Hope your right pulp. But I have a feeling that Salmons will be running for his life. Ashland isn't quite as strong upfront as Raceland defensively, but they are quicker. That's what wore greenup out down the stretch against Raceland and is Greenup weakest point right now on both sides of the ball, imo
Ashland still has a mental hold on Greenup so I think Ashland will win
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Hope your right pulp. But I have a feeling that Salmons will be running for his life. Ashland isn't quite as strong upfront as Raceland defensively, but they are quicker. That's what wore greenup out down the stretch against Raceland and is Greenup weakest point right now on both sides of the ball, imo

GC running back #4 rushed for 127 yards and QB was not sacked vs JC in over 30 pass attempts. Greenup has obviously improved over the season bc that team we watched play JC on Friday night would have beat Raceland easily. JC would run clock on Raceland and will on Ashland. They are simply just that much better than everyone.
GC was 5-3 as well in 2016 heading into the Ashland game with a strong group of seniors, but lost 42-14 in Lloyd.

What makes many of you believe that GC is going to surprise the Tomcats at Putnam this Friday?
GoHerd_22 Wrote:GC running back #4 rushed for 127 yards and QB was not sacked vs JC in over 30 pass attempts. Greenup has obviously improved over the season bc that team we watched play JC on Friday night would have beat Raceland easily. JC would run clock on Raceland and will on Ashland. They are simply just that much better than everyone.

I found those numbers a bit suprising when I saw them myself. Greenup almost double the yards on JC as they did Raceland and scored 14 more points on JC than they did in the shut out loss to the rams. Not saying Raceland is better than JC, bc that is CLEARLY not the case lol. Was just suprised to see the numbers from that game. But, match ups are different and you can't really compare scores.

But to say the team that played JC last week would have beat Raceland easy, is a bit of a stretch. But that game has since past and we all know the outcome. So bringing it back up is pointless. Onward and upward.
Fly By Night Wrote:GC was 5-3 as well in 2016 heading into the Ashland game with a strong group of seniors, but lost 42-14 in Lloyd.

What makes many of you believe that GC is going to surprise the Tomcats at Putnam this Friday?

Wishful thinking does not win ballgames.
Same people were saying Greenup would beat Raceland by tds.
Does anyone remember 1990 when GC walked out of Putnam with a win. Ashland was favored big time.
mightydog Wrote:Does anyone remember 1990 when GC walked out of Putnam with a win. Ashland was favored big time.

Hahaha - nice try

Ashland is not going to win the state championship in 2017 like the Tomcats did in 1990 and GC is not going to give Ashland its only defeat of the season.

GC will not defeat Ashland at Putnam on Friday.
Cantrall's Rating

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...74256.html

Ashland 65.0
Greenup County 50.1

Basically, Ashland is a 15-point favorite.
Ashland 35-14
Ashland in a battle

Ashland 35
Greenup 28
Pages: 1 2 3