Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2017
0ff The Chain Wrote:Was very impressed with Pikeville's team. They have good size and speed and they qb threw really well on the run,I thought. That #71 is a very large individual lol. I think his jersey exploded and had to be replaced.
I was very impressed with the QB from LC as well. Shifty, ran the offense very smooth. He's going to cause people problems if hey underestimate him. Good luck to Lawrence County this year!
Is Blair the QB? Pretty sure his dad was QB of the 1987 state champs.
After seeing the scrimmage game I believe both Pikeville and Lawrence are heading for better seasons then some think. Lawrence was shifting a lot of players in and out taking full advantage of some good depth for a change. Hard to tell how good we will be on opening day when the full starting team is on the field. Pikeville was supposed to have lost their starting QB, but you would never know it, kid looked good to me. Very good size on the lines. I believe 1a east runs through Hazard at this point, but this Pikeville team will get better and better and I think ready for Hazard when it counts. Lawrence was super young last year and still pretty young this year, but I think they will also improve leaps and bounds as the season goes along. Good luck to the Panthers on the rest of the season and hope you win em all.
jetpilot Wrote:Is Blair the QB? Pretty sure his dad was QB of the 1987 state champs.

That's right jp. Matt Blair was the QB (and a great one) on that 87' championship team. The pedigree is there no doubt.
Big Five-0- Wrote:That's right jp. Matt Blair was the QB (and a great one) on that 87' championship team. The pedigree is there no doubt.

My brother has been telling me about the Blair kid for years now. He used to go to one of the parks in Pikeville and pass with him. He said he was going to be a good one.
Pikeville will be good, but I think it is the year of the dawg.
Wanted to thank this years seniors for the memories. We fell short of the ultimate goal, but there was nothing to hang your heads about. One game shy of making the final 2 out of 3 years with the smallest senior class I’ve seen in years. Thank you.

For next years seniors, keep grinding. Get better everyday and get to Kroger. We will be behind you all the way.
Really looking forward to the future with this Pikeville team. From mid season on, they matured and took their talent to a level that surprised many. No one gave them much of a chance this season, but in the end, these Panthers proved all naysayers wrong. wish they could've made it to Kroger Field, but it wasn't to be this season. Congrats to Raceland for making it that far. 1-A East is going to be interesting next season for sure. A lot of talent returns for some teams in the East, but I've got a feeling this Pikeville team will be scary good. Losing only one Senior starter will be a huge plus because so much experienced talent returns. Panthers take advantage of the weight room, keep your thoughts on next season. The sky is the limit !