Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2017
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:He's a lot better football player in the state than basketball. I would think he wouldn't miss his senior year of football. I just hope the wrong people is not in his ear saying he shouldn't play football.

I agree. I expect the kid to play he gives Pikeville a chance to win every time he steps onto the field...
Missing three games. Have they been filled?

PIKEVILLE
8/18/2017 H HOLY CROSS (COVINGTON)
8/26/2017 H LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN Pike County Bowl
9/1/2017
9/8/2017 A PAINTSVILLE
9/15/2017 A BELFRY
9/22/2017
9/29/2017 A HAZARD
10/6/2017
10/13/2017 H PHELPS
10/20/2017 A TOLSIA
10/27/2017
jgrlzz Wrote:Missing three games. Have they been filled?

PIKEVILLE
9/1/2017
9/8/2017 A PAINTSVILLE
9/15/2017 A BELFRY
9/22/2017
9/29/2017 A HAZARD
10/6/2017
10/13/2017 H PHELPS
10/20/2017 A TOLSIA
10/27/2017
Have not been filled yet to my knowledge.
Last I heard missing two games. They are at home against Grundy, Va on 10/20, then travel to Tolsia on 10/27.
jgrlzz Wrote:Last I heard missing two games. They are at home against Grundy, Va on 10/20, then travel to Tolsia on 10/27.
Grundy pickup isn't a horrible pickup for Pikeville. Definitely an upgrade over a pickup with someone like Betsy Layne or Jenkins. With the Floyd County schools refusing to play us, really ties our hands in terms of picking up games to flesh out the schedule.
Boys are back at it this week! Getting closer to football season!
Betsy Layne didn't refuse to play. They couldn't find common week.
My understanding is that all Floyd Co schools and youth sport associations have refused to play any Pikeville team. Is that correct??
Yes that is correct
Curious as to how that's going to play out over the coming sport seasons..???
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Curious as to how that's going to play out over the coming sport seasons..???
To clarify, as I heard it (rumor only) that they are refusing to schedule games unless it is required as a part of District play, etc. so if there is a sport in which they are in the same district, they would still play.
jgrlzz Wrote:Missing three games. Have they been filled?

PIKEVILLE
9/1/2017
9/8/2017 A PAINTSVILLE
9/15/2017 A BELFRY
9/22/2017
9/29/2017 A HAZARD
10/6/2017
10/13/2017 H PHELPS
10/20/2017 A TOLSIA
10/27/2017

good SKED
Wrangler Wrote:good SKED
Schedule Is on KHSAA now
PHSForever Wrote:Schedule Is on KHSAA now

8 games listed. Who are other 2 or are they still looking?
Spoke with their AD about a month ago, and they were still looking for 2 games.
jetpilot Wrote:8 games listed. Who are other 2 or are they still looking?
Still looking, JP. As you can see from what we have, we aren't backing away from anyone like some schools are. *CoughFloydCountyCough*
I was told Rhodes wasn't going to play this year anybody heard anything i think he's a great little athlete I know he got hurt last season
PHSForever Wrote:Still looking, JP. As you can see from what we have, we aren't backing away from anyone like some schools are. *CoughFloydCountyCough*

Looks like a very good schedule! As for Prestonsburg, good riddance.
Pikeville played in a 7 on 7 yesterday and today. Was Battaile or Rhodes there?
thecoacher Wrote:Pikeville played in a 7 on 7 yesterday and today. Was Battaile or Rhodes there?

I think Battaile just had surgery so if he plays it will probably be a while but if he don't it will be a big loss for Pikeville
thecoacher Wrote:Pikeville played in a 7 on 7 yesterday and today. Was Battaile or Rhodes there?
Battaille out recovering from surgery. Will play. Rhodes I'm not sure of.
PHSForever Wrote:Battaille out recovering from surgery. Will play. Rhodes I'm not sure of.

Good deal glad Battaile is playing
PHSForever Wrote:Battaille out recovering from surgery. Will play. Rhodes I'm not sure of.

I am playing devil's advocate a little here. I know they weren't there. My "inside" source says that neither is playing. Either my source, who I would hope would know who is playing, is wrong or your source is.
For the record, I would hope they both play. I think every kid should take advantage of the opportunity to play, if possible. It will make Pikeville a very different team without them.
thecoacher Wrote:I am playing devil's advocate a little here. I know they weren't there. My "inside" source says that neither is playing. Either my source, who I would hope would know who is playing, is wrong or your source is.
For the record, I would hope they both play. I think every kid should take advantage of the opportunity to play, if possible. It will make Pikeville a very different team without them.

I heard they wasn't playing ether but I hope they play to
thecoacher Wrote:I am playing devil's advocate a little here. I know they weren't there. My "inside" source says that neither is playing. Either my source, who I would hope would know who is playing, is wrong or your source is.

You a Pikeville fan? Who knows what kids will do but I will take PHS Forever's word any time.
jetpilot Wrote:You a Pikeville fan? Who knows what kids will do but I will take PHS Forever's word any time.

Not a Pikeville fan per se. Just a football fan that knows some people very close to the situation. Like I said, I hope I am wrong and they play.
I hope to see both those young men on the field this year.
I put my trust in my source. As of now, Wyatt is playing and Rhodes I honestly don't know for sure about. 2-2 at the UPike 7-7 yesterday without Wyatt or Rhodes. Defeated Harlan County and I think Chapmanville, Wv. Lost to Pike Central and Letcher Central.
Don't know about Rhodes but Wyatt isn't playing. My Brother heard that straight from the horses mouth. I dont understand the kid limiting his options that way and I fear he and his family are getting some terrible advice. But, that's none of my business I guess. Oh well....Next man up. Not saying we're better off without Wyatt. I am saying we'll be better off with people who WANT to play and get better.
i hate hearing about seniors not finishing their careers. I still hate my own cousin for his choice not playing his @ hazard in 2009. Hopefully these young men finish. I can only see a move of this nature if it is due to injury and being forced to not play... not sure myself on both young men but some one can fill me in as I read Wyatt had surgery.