Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region top 10 players?
https://www.ocps.net/lc/east/hwp/guidanc...s/ncaa.pdf

You have to clear before playing NCAA basketball.
Truth99 Wrote:Kids get D1 offers all the time, are you kidding me, they are currently less than 25 kids in the entire state of Kentucky that hold D1 offers and this covers all classes from freshman to seniors, They may be a lot of kids claim they have a D1 basketball offers. Verbal Commits shows every single D1 and D2 offer, and all have been verified.

Ok that is great and all, but that does not mean he will ever play D1 basketball. I have seen much better players in the 14th region not play D1 basketball. If he was about 5-6 inches taller I would agree that he could play at that level. But seriously, what position would he play on a D1 basketball team?

:truestory:
Truth99 Wrote:Well they are 4 D1 coaches who believe he can play at that level, he currently has offers from Tn tech, Nichcols State, Winthrop, and Samford
Exactly why I said SMALL d-1 school. He is great kid and wish him the best at whatever school he attends.
No one said he was a high major prospect but he does currently hold multiple D1 offers which is more than 99.9% of all other high school players
Id love to see more kids from Easter ky Get more scholarships .But the simple fact is.It just don't happen. Eastern ky is loaded with a lot talent.will they get any D1 offers? Probably Not . Do the math . Over the last 10 years how many kids have gotten To play D1. Its good for kid to have a dream and to dream big.But the plane truth of the matter is they usually have a very slim chance of getting a sports scholarship.My advice to any kid is academics.They will never go wrong there. The sky is the limit.
All these internet scouts should go try their luck at their closest colleges. Crazy some of them have better skills than the actual scouts and recruiters. The kid from Perry isn't going to go to UK or Duke but to say he's not good enough to go small D-1 is silly. Small D-1 schools don't look like NBA teams across the board.
There are several good players in the 14th region.
In talking about kids down in this part of the region.
I would say that Bonny from Estill, Napier from Powell
And Stone from Wolfe are 3 of the better guards in the 14th.
All 3 average over 20 a game for teams that have all won 10 or more games this season.
Tobler by far the best in the region. He will play Division 1 at a mid- major
This thread shows me that "equally" knows nothing about basketball. Tonler does everything on the court. He can rebound, score, defend. And how much do you want to bet he signs a d1 scholarship. And you also have to consider if tobler or combs was playing for these weak teams and got to shoot every time then they would get a lot more points. And tobler is just 18, where do you get your info. I guess you wouldn't even take tobler on your team. What a joke. And last, buckhorn players play hard but they don't have a player in the top 20
Seems like everybody thinks d1 means U.K. Or duke. There's a lot of d1 schools out there and tobler will definitely be on one. And perry central alone has had 3 d1 signees in the last 4 or so years
hitter Wrote:Seems like everybody thinks d1 means U.K. Or duke. There's a lot of d1 schools out there and tobler will definitely be on one. And perry central alone has had 3 d1 signees in the last 4 or so years
You mean they have had transfers come in that went to a D-1 school. Other than Ben Bolin, who from around here in the 14th went D-1?
Napier being only 5'6 is putting up the same numbers as these guys and has way better percentages......
I was watching the Powell and Lee game last night Napier only played 7 minutes and scored 29 points he literary didn't miss a shot.
Perry has three kids that will play at the next level next year. Not for sure what level but will get scholarships, Tobler and the two big boys. Several kids in the 14th will do the same
Braxton beverly
And it doesn't matter if they transfer and play 1 year they are still from the 14th
Wow. 29 points against lee county.
Mountain Hoops Guru, Im assuming they mean Jaysean Paige (West VA), Justin Johnson (Western KY). Braxton Beverly will be the next one. Trevor Combs did do well at ALC. Think Dalton Cornett went to UPIKE. Thats all that comes to mind right now.
hitter Wrote:And it doesn't matter if they transfer and play 1 year they are still from the 14th

He went to Ohio St because of Prep school, it wasn't because he was around here and beating up on the weak talent in the 14th region. :igiveup:
hitter Wrote:And it doesn't matter if they transfer and play 1 year they are still from the 14th
He transferred and played 2 years at prep school, makes a big difference being away from here.:Cheerlead
hitter Wrote:This thread shows me that "equally" knows nothing about basketball. Tonler does everything on the court. He can rebound, score, defend. And how much do you want to bet he signs a d1 scholarship. And you also have to consider if tobler or combs was playing for these weak teams and got to shoot every time then they would get a lot more points. And tobler is just 18, where do you get your info. I guess you wouldn't even take tobler on your team. What a joke. And last, buckhorn players play hard but they don't have a player in the top 20

1. I have seen many more players that are way better than Tobler never play D-1 basketball. He is too small to play forward, and not skilled enough to play guard. He is just bigger than his competition here in the mountains. Notice he only has one move and that is lower his shoulder and drive left. That would never work against players his size and bigger. Most D-1 guards are his size. I believe he would do great at an Alice Lloyd sized school.

2. Obviously you have not watched Buckhorn this season. Engle can dominate and score on any big man in the region when he is playing well (yes, even your big "D-1" recruits at PCC) Austin Bennett is just a sophomore and can score with the best of them. But Buckhorn is a TEAM and plays like a team so bennett does not score every point. Both of these players would start on any team in the 14th... You are probably still in denial over the regional championship last season. The unstoppable PCC was stopped by little Buckhorn and had their state tournament dreams shattered... again #2012 #2016
He had already been offered d1 before he left
Why would u think that I'm a pcc fan? And who would you take out of pcc starting five for these 2. And I've seen buckhorn play 3 or 4 times. If tobler defended either one they would be lucky to score.
hitter Wrote:Why would u think that I'm a pcc fan? And who would you take out of pcc starting five for these 2. And I've seen buckhorn play 3 or 4 times. If tobler defended either one they would be lucky to score.

They are both much better players than Back and Hill... They both scored on him earlier this season? Good try though... If he is such a great defender, why couldn't he stop Hoskins in the regional championsip?
hitter Wrote:Why would u think that I'm a pcc fan? And who would you take out of pcc starting five for these 2. And I've seen buckhorn play 3 or 4 times. If tobler defended either one they would be lucky to score.

I would think you are a PCC fan because you defend them with your life on every thread. Pretty obvious pal. :lame:
better than back? back is just probably the best shooter in the region. he didn't guard Hoskins in the region. did you watch the regional finals? you didn't think something was wrong or you didn't think perry was playing different? talked to buckhorn coach a few days after the game and he said that all perry had to do to beat them was play like they had been playing all season. do you think it is a coincidence that perry didn't run the ball and stopped going to tobler after the first quarter. if you do you are the only one and that includes your coach. and perry coach said his nephew deserved to go to state
I don't defend anyone with my life except my family. I do defend transfers. you don't know what these or any other kid have been through to make them transfer and if you knew anything you would know that I have closer ties to another school.
you know the schools and coaches that don't want a really good player to transfer to there school? the ones that don't get them, that's it
hitter Wrote:Wow. 29 points against lee county.
That was in less than a quarter. The kid can't hardly miss look at his percentages. He had 33 points against Scott County. You hear coaches talking about Napier in 9th, 10th region but not 14th because they just want to talk about the same kids for 4 years and then move on to a few others that they will talk about for 4 more years and it goes on and on like it has for years. The kid is smart knows the game can score and get his teammates to score. He may only be about 5'8 but he's good! I would love to see him coach a team in his later years that's for sure
That's what's wrong with the 14th region people think whoever score the most points is the best player. There are a lot of teams in the 14th that loads up on the bottom feeders and runs the score up to pad the stats. As far as PCC is concerned they do probably have 2 players that can play at the next level next year but the other JBS. transfer is not very good.
Tobler , carter, McDonald, engle, then who knows