Bonny (Estill)
Strikeout King Wrote:Carter (LCC)
Tobler (PCC)
Combs (KCC)
Bonny (Estill)

Add Caudill (KCC) for your 5th
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Add Caudill (KCC) for your 5th

Forgot about him.

I think everyone would agree with Carter being #1 in the region.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1g13l9.gif] Bolz,maybe ole Fatpat partial but Obi One Kenoble straight up playa! Knott Suicide 7 with DC 3,Hammy,Munsta Jones, and Couch baby hard to pick a favorite! Pats are loaded up from the top to the bottom baby! #xfactor&hoffmesiterinthamix More mash taters please!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Forgot about him.

I think everyone would agree with Carter being #1 in the region.

No Austin Combs is!
Hoopster007 Wrote:No Austin Combs is!

Close. Carter is averaging like a point or two more than Combs.

If I was guessing, probably something like this.

Carter - 25.4 PPG
Combs - 24.8 PPG
Bonny - 28.7 PPG
Tobler - 20.3 PPG
Caudill - 17.7 PPG
As always, the Cats Pause list is holding up pretty well.
Carter
Tobler
Combs
Caudill
Bonny
You have to throw 0 from Cordia in... Lots of potential and only a freshman.
Kareem McDonald is packing Cordia right now....he has to be one of the top 5 players in the region!
Strikeout King Wrote:Close. Carter is averaging like a point or two more than Combs.

Carter - 25.4 PPG
Combs - 24.8 PPG
Bonny - 28.7 PPG
Tobler - 20.3 PPG
Caudill - 17.7 PPG

Joe Shelton of Lee County is averaging 24.5 PPG and he leads the team with 8 RPG as well. He put up 38 points against Hazard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Tyler Dixon - Leslie Co. is averaging 18 pts. and 9.7 rebounds a game..
[quote=Strikeout King]Close. Carter is averaging like a point or two more than Combs.

Carter - 25.4 PPG
Combs - 24.8 PPG
Bonny - 28.7 PPG
Tobler - 20.3 PPG
Caudill - 17.7 PPG

Tobler is WAY overrated he is averaging 17 PPG with a 12% 3 point average and a 58% free throw average that is low and you all overrate him. Carter is one of the best averaging 25 PPG with his percentage still being lower with 37% 3 point and 76% at the free throw. Combs is 21 PPG with a low free throw percentage of 79%. Why do you all over look some great players in the region? You have Napier from Powell County who averages 19 PPG 45% 3 point and 82 % from the free throw. Napier has only been playing for Powell varsity since his sophomore year and got in the 1,000 club at the beginning of the season and can score 33 points against power house teams like Scott County. Then people want to talk like Tobler is great for getting 1,000 points from his freshman year. Same with Bonny from Estill yes he got 1,000 points his junior year but he's been playing varsity since he was in 8th grade. Bonny is a great player and can definitely shoot the ball but people need to rate all the kids that can do the same just like Napier can shoot the lights out. You also have Stone from Wolfe he also got on the 1,000 point club being a junior averaging 20 PPG 40% 3 point and 70% from the free throw line. Tobler should not be in the top. Top 20 players but not even in the top 10 with his percentages he is WAY overrated!Also Caudill is only averaging 16 PPG 36 % 3 point and a good 84% from the free throw. There are more players in this region that don't get recognized that should and then the same players every year get put up high with low percentages.
Bennett and Engle from Buckhorn are among the top players in the region. Also, Cameron Turner from Jackson City is among the top players. Engle CANNOT be stopped when he is playing well, he can dominate any big man in the region easily! Bennett is just a sophomore and is one of the purest scorers I have ever seen. He scored 45 against a good McCreary County team! Turner is also just a sophomore that can fill up the stat sheet. He is very good at creating his own shot! You never hear about these kids because they go to the little schools and are not recruits !!!!
1. Noah Back
2. Damon Tobler
3. Torrell Carter
4. Prince from PCC
5. Mercado - Cordia
You can't just look at how many you average to say you are the best player in the region. You have to also look at if you help your team get the WINS. You don't have to average the most to be the best player. If you play defense and rebound, get your team in the offense and do what you are supposed to do when needed, that also has to be taken into consideration. If you look at ALL THE ASPECTS OF THE GAME:
Austin Combs, Tobler, Carter and Bonny are the only ones in consideration for the top player in the region.:Thumbs:
Anyone who thinks Tobler isn't in the top 10 has lost their mind, he doesn't have D1 offers for nothing.
Truth99 Wrote:Anyone who thinks Tobler isn't in the top 10 has lost their mind, he doesn't have D1 offers for nothing.

We all know Tobler don't have D1 offers. You can dream big though
Truth99 Wrote:Anyone who thinks Tobler isn't in the top 10 has lost their mind, he doesn't have D1 offers for nothing.

Anyone that thinks he can play D1 basketball has lost their mind.
This just shows how weak high school basketball is now. None of these players would be top 20 players back in 2012.
Many players in the region play their butts of and work hard for their teams just because they don't get wins every game doesn't mean they shouldn't be talked about. If anything they are better players because they are holding their teams together and pushing them keeping their heads up. The players you are talking about have other players to help them. Even going in to rebound stats Tobler is averaging 9 and his teammate Princewell is almost already at that and he's only been playing a few games. Combs only averaging not even 2 rebounds a game so you lost that right there. Bonny has to do a lot on his own and he gets credit for it just like others should. Carter is by far the best player out of all the boys that you all keep mentioning in14th region however you all keep even wanting to put him last.The kid can play it all and he is a very well mannered kid he's first class. But then again this is just people opinions. When you go to state and national rankings a few of these kids are not even listed and others are.
I believe Tobler is a great player for the high school level, BUT what position is he going to play in college? He can't shoot or handle the ball with pressure on him like a guard should be able too, so he can't play the 1 or 2, he is way too small to play the 4 or 5 at the college level with the 6'8"-7'0" that he would have to play against. The only position he could possibly be in college is a 3 man. He would make a great slasher for some of these teams, but still a little small for that position when you compare some of the great 3 men at the D-1 level. He is a great kid and works hard and can possibly make it because of his work ethic and how hard he plays at the small D-1 level. I love seeing our 14th region guys play at the next level, can't wait to see how he does. Good luck to all of our guys.:rockon:
Equally Wrote:Many players in the region play their butts of and work hard for their teams just because they don't get wins every game doesn't mean they shouldn't be talked about. If anything they are better players because they are holding their teams together and pushing them keeping their heads up. The players you are talking about have other players to help them. Even going in to rebound stats Tobler is averaging 9 and his teammate Princewell is almost already at that and he's only been playing a few games. Combs only averaging not even 2 rebounds a game so you lost that right there. Bonny has to do a lot on his own and he gets credit for it just like others should. Carter is by far the best player out of all the boys that you all keep mentioning in14th region however you all keep even wanting to put him last.The kid can play it all and he is a very well mannered kid he's first class. But then again this is just people opinions. When you go to state and national rankings a few of these kids are not even listed and others are.
He is a point guard, rebounds???? really?:igiveup:
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I believe Tobler is a great player for the high school level, BUT what position is he going to play in college? He can't shoot or handle the ball with pressure on him like a guard should be able too, so he can't play the 1 or 2, he is way too small to play the 4 or 5 at the college level with the 6'8"-7'0" that he would have to play against. The only position he could possibly be in college is a 3 man. He would make a great slasher for some of these teams, but still a little small for that position when you compare some of the great 3 men at the D-1 level. He is a great kid and works hard and can possibly make it because of his work ethic and how hard he plays at the small D-1 level. I love seeing our 14th region guys play at the next level, can't wait to see how he does. Good luck to all of our guys.:rockon:

Well they are 4 D1 coaches who believe he can play at that level, he currently has offers from Tn tech, Nichcols State, Winthrop, and Samford
Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:Anyone that thinks he can play D1 basketball has lost their mind.

I guess you know more about D1 basketball than the coaches who have offered him.
We will see when it happens but I put money that Tobler don't play for D1. He can't with those stats and like another person said he shuts down under pressure even from small guys putting pressure on him. There is no way he will be able to handle the pressure of college kids. Plus Tobler is older then most of the freshman on UK and other colleges and he is in high school and still can't handle the pressure.
Truth99 Wrote:I guess you know more about D1 basketball than the coaches who have offered him.

Kids get D-1 offers all of the time, but that doesn't mean they will ever play... Nice try though.
I don't know who the other 9 are or how they'd be ranked, but Donovan Engle from Buckhorn is without a doubt a Top 10 player in the region. Don't think there's anyone who can guard him when he's locked in.
Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:Kids get D-1 offers all of the time, but that doesn't mean they will ever play... Nice try though.

Kids get D1 offers all the time, are you kidding me, they are currently less than 25 kids in the entire state of Kentucky that hold D1 offers and this covers all classes from freshman to seniors, They may be a lot of kids claim they have a D1 basketball offers. Verbal Commits shows every single D1 and D2 offer, and all have been verified.
Tobler is best player easily. Will play D-1 before Carter