Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 1A
Orange Blaze Wrote:It is going to take a few games for me to really be sold on Raceland. We are bringing back a lot of good players but after seeing them underperform last year it will take a few games for my skepticism to pass. Last year a lot of fans (myself included) had an over inflated sense of confidence and the players bought into it and they had a mediocre season. I hope this team learned a lesson from last year about buying into hype. I think they should have a good season but it is going to take more than some preseason talk to convince me of how they will perform on the field.

I myself had Raceland preseason number 2 and they did under achieve. But we all know losing that IT player in Messer who did it all, hurt more than people thought. But I think Raceland comes out strong this year early. Last year they had a pretty tough schedule with teams that returned some good talent. This year most of those teams will be down so I look for Raceland to have more wins than last year.
Raceland's senior class was state runners up in 8th grade. That may mean good things for them. I think this year Beechwood will take it though.
Beechwood lost to much. I think its russellville verses either pikeville or raceland.
You forget that it's Beechwood. They are much like us or Danville. They will have a load of incoming kids that already know the system and expect to win. Watch and see what happens. Russellville just doesn't think they can do it, therefore that talent just doesn't translate.
mysonis55 Wrote:Raceland's senior class was state runners up in 8th grade. That may mean good things for them. I think this year Beechwood will take it though.

This years seniors?
killbilly usmc Wrote:Beechwood lost to much. I think its russellville verses either pikeville or raceland.

Don't sleep on Hazard or Paintsville...
mysonis55 Wrote:You forget that it's Beechwood. They are much like us or Danville. They will have a load of incoming kids that already know the system and expect to win. Watch and see what happens. Russellville just doesn't think they can do it, therefore that talent just doesn't translate.

If Russellville can keep everyone healthy I like there chances.. Beechwood struggled with there speed last year and they lost a lot. So I think it keeps it about even..
Russellville has talent. They usually do. They have a good coach as well. The thing they are missing is the mindset that they should win. They instead have the, I hope we win, mindset. Until they develop the proper mindset it will not allow them to win the big game. Beechwood has that permanent mindset and that gives them them edge. Just look back to win Mayfield was in the class. There were a couple years where Beechwood had more talent but, Mayfield's mindset was the edge. I see this the same way between these two. It can be reversed but, I certainly don't see it in a road year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Russellville has talent. They usually do. They have a good coach as well. The thing they are missing is the mindset that they should win. They instead have the, I hope we win, mindset. Until they develop the proper mindset it will not allow them to win the big game. Beechwood has that permanent mindset and that gives them them edge. Just look back to win Mayfield was in the class. There were a couple years where Beechwood had more talent but, Mayfield's mindset was the edge. I see this the same way between these two. It can be reversed but, I certainly don't see it in a road year.

More talent? Really?

They are on the verge of turning the corner.. I just wish they threw the ball more out of sets with more than 1 wide reciever..
You are correct. They have an old school coach that believes in packing everything in and running straight at you. The pass is almost a foreign word. That's some more of that mindset that I am referring to. They have had success doing what they do so they are reluctant to change. The thing is if they changed some things they may have more success than they have had in many years. Russellville always has talent, they just need to loosen up.
bac2369 Wrote:This years seniors?

Yes, this year's Senior Class lost 1 game in 6th grade, won out in 7th grade but didn't play in post season. Then went undefeated in 8th grade until losing to Butler County in the State Championship game. They beat Campbellsville in the State Semi-finals.

Only game they lost in Freshman and JV their Freshman year was to Ashland.
mysonis55 Wrote:You forget that it's Beechwood. They are much like us or Danville. They will have a load of incoming kids that already know the system and expect to win. Watch and see what happens. Russellville just doesn't think they can do it, therefore that talent just doesn't translate.

Makes zero sense to compare them to danville, and say that they will overcome there losses because they will rebuild. On the 2a thread you claim danville lost to much. On this thread you claim Beechwood will rebuild cause they are like danville. Get off the drugs. Beechwood lost way more than danville did. Russellville will take the west in 1a.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Yes, this year's Senior Class lost 1 game in 6th grade, won out in 7th grade but didn't play in post season. Then went undefeated in 8th grade until losing to Butler County in the State Championship game. They beat Campbellsville in the State Semi-finals.

Only game they lost in Freshman and JV their Freshman year was to Ashland.

It be great if that same results applies for these youngmen in 2016.
I think you are misinterpreting me there killbilly. Colt was seriously underestimating Danville in my mind. I do think they have lost too much to advance further than they did last year and probably even to achieve what they did last year. But, they are Danville and to say they wouldn't have won titles against the big boys back in the day to justify why the Colts didn't is just crazy. Danville had some teams that I would put up against anyone.

Now, as far as Beechwood, you have your opinion and I have mine. But, the day after Thanksgiving, you will once again see that I am right on point. I suspect Beechwood will be playing either Pikeville, Paintsville or Raceland this year at state.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think you are misinterpreting me there killbilly. Colt was seriously underestimating Danville in my mind. I do think they have lost too much to advance further than they did last year and probably even to achieve what they did last year. But, they are Danville and to say they wouldn't have won titles against the big boys back in the day to justify why the Colts didn't is just crazy. Danville had some teams that I would put up against anyone.

Now, as far as Beechwood, you have your opinion and I have mine. But, the day after Thanksgiving, you will once again see that I am right on point. I suspect Beechwood will be playing either Pikeville, Paintsville or Raceland this year at state.

I'll lay money that russellville will take Beechwood out of you don't mind me getting in your wallet.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think you are misinterpreting me there killbilly. Colt was seriously underestimating Danville in my mind. I do think they have lost too much to advance further than they did last year and probably even to achieve what they did last year. But, they are Danville and to say they wouldn't have won titles against the big boys back in the day to justify why the Colts didn't is just crazy. Danville had some teams that I would put up against anyone.

If Beechwood is there I hope there playing hazard. Hazard owes them one....
Hazard is another dark horse. I wish they would get "IT" back. They have been underachieving lately.
mysonis55 Wrote:Hazard is another dark horse. I wish they would get "IT" back. They have been underachieving lately.

Yes they have a little.. But every year that hazard hasn't made it the team that has beat them played for state. 3- runner ups and 1 title. Pretty good to me but I agree I hope to see them get IT back. These next 3 years are going to be special... I was impressed with the QB in the 7 on 7 I saw the other night. The defense didn't look to shabby either but we all have to wait and see if it translates with the pass on and the lines in front of them...
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'll lay money that russellville will take Beechwood out of you don't mind me getting in your wallet.

Gotta agree. Russellville takes the west. Pikeville and Russellville run neck to neck all season long in the ratings, and will meet in BG. Beechwood just simply lost too much talent.
15 state runners up with a key player out.
14 final four with a tough loss to the state champs
13 regional runners up after qb broke ankle
12 final four with loss to state champions
11 final four and almost pulled off the win
10 final four played probably the best game against state champs
09 final four

Now do you think they didn't lose a bunch of talent during any of those years. That's what I'm trying to point out here. They will be back just like in the past.
mysonis55 Wrote:15 state runners up with a key player out.
09 final four

Now do you think they didn't lose a bunch of talent during any of those years. That's what I'm trying to point out here. They will be back just like in the past.

Don't think so. This will be Russellville's year to be in BG.
09 final four

They'll be sitting at the house.
Andrew Jackson says Russellville beats Beechwood if they meet.
09 final four

2012 and 2013 was rebuilding years.....2011 was the year they were suppose to win it but they didn't.... Those are downs years even though they advanced to where they did....they will have talent but they lost a lot,,,
I agree with you on your point about the offense, but I dont agree with you on defense. They did lose alot of seniors on defense, but have returning Jake Martin and Derek Schadler who were defensive studs last year. Jake Martin- 2nd on team with 89 tackles, 8 sacks at DL, Schadler was 3rd on team in tackles 83 tackles, multiple forced fumbles and an int as a linebacker.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Brossart lost a whole lot of Offensive production though... I think over 90% of their yardage were by Seniors last year. They also lost their top 5 defensive players.
From what I have heard is there are looking at 30-35 kids playing. Sophomore and Junior class loaded up this year.

Glacier Wrote:Does Brossart have any new faces out? I know they lost the farm with that graduating class last year, tons of quality kids have to be replaced. They will always have good kids that work hard there though!
Killbilly, you know about as much about Russellville as Pikeville does. They won't be there. Just remember, I told you so.
Got my catspause book...

Class A

D1-Russellville,Crittenden Co, Fulton City, Fulton Co

D2 -Bethlehem,Campbellsville,Caverna,Fort Knox

D3- KCD,Frankfort,Lou Holy Cross,Eminence

D4-Beechwood,Ludlow,Bellevue,Dayton

D5-Nicholas Co,Bracken Co,Paris,Bishop Brossart,Berea

D6- Paintsville,Raceland,Fairview

D7-Pineville,Harlan,Williamsburg,Lynn Camp

D8- Pikeville,Hazard,South Floyd,Jenkins,Phelps
Russellville lost Bigbee and has to go to Beechwood. This is not your daddy's Beechwood but they don't have to be to beat Russellville at home.
Beechwood will be challenged from round 2 on in the playoffs this year.. They were challenged from round 3 on this year....

Campbellsville returns more talent than I expected so we need to watch them.. Frankfort will be a team to keep an eye on...