Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 1A
Who are your preseason top 10 1A teams going into 2016?
1. Pikeville
2. Russellville
3. Paintsville
4. Raceland
5. Hazard
6. Beechwood
7. Paris
8. Fairview
9. Williamsburg
10. Bishop Brossart
And as in most years in the preseason 3-6 could be interchangable. I think Pikeville is 2 tds better than the next best team though. One thing to note though, a majority of the top 10 lay in the east. With only Paris, Beechwood and Russellville, imo, having a shot at winning more than 1 game in the playoffs. I think this will be Rvilles year to get to the carpet.
I cant buy in to the low rankings of Beechwood. They are still a program that will be successful year in and year out.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:And as in most years in the preseason 3-6 could be interchangable. I think Pikeville is 2 tds better than the next best team though. One thing to note though, a majority of the top 10 lay in the east. With only Paris, Beechwood and Russellville, imo, having a shot at winning more than 1 game in the playoffs. I think this will be Rvilles year to get to the carpet.

We know anything can happen between now and playoff time, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pikeville/Russellville matchup in BG.
I would like to see Coach Myers finally win the big one.
[1 Pikeville- They lost some heavy playmakers from 2015 but return some good skill players and return some good linebackers and secondary.They have a big senior class returning junior class and are the favorite to start out the season. Question is how life without Pugh will be?

2 Russellville- They return a very good group of experienced kids and Speed is all I have to say. They must win the big game and possibly develop a OK passing game. They return the most in the class and I think it could be there year..

3 Beechwood- They lost the house but do return some young skill players and a few on defense but still young. Anyone else would take a drop but I'm giving them the nod because there Beechwood but if you saw what they returned without the name beside it then you would have them in the 4-8 range. But what else has them this high is a solid senior class will be back but don't be surprised if they could be as low as a 5 seed possibly.

4 Hazard- They return a lot as well like Russellville. 10 on Offense and 8 on defense.But this team will be young and could be dangerous team to keep an eye on. Injuries will hurt there chances if it happens like 2015.They also recieved a Letcher Central transfer after the season and was just now mentioned.

4 Paintsville- They lost a lot of seniors but return Kent Phelps and the Morris kid and have a young stable of talent who will be there a couple more years.They also recieved a transfer from Johnson Central who will only make them better

4 Raceland- They lost some good kids and have quite a few holes to fill but I think Raceland and Paintsville are in the same shoes and that's why I list them both at 5. Only reason Paintsville is listed first is because they won the district last season and I think the QB needs to try to take this team to another level because some think he underachieved last year and people expected better and Paintsville returns the best player in there district for his senior.

7 Nicholas County- A team no one expected to be good but nearly pulled an upset over Fairview in the playoffs and return tons from a junior dominate team last year. So the East best keep a eye out on this team.

8 Bethlehem- A team that returns some serious fire power with over 3,000 yards of offense returning and 40+ Touchdowns.

9 Harlan- I had them
A little higher before but after losing a Runningback to the county they have fell a few spots but could be a dangerous team to keep an eye on.

10 Kentucky Country Day return some nice playmakers from a high scoring offense. Defense will be the question for them.

Teams that could crack into the top 10. Pineville, Fairview, Campbellsville, Frankfort, Williamsburg and Ludlow.
1. Pikeville
2. Russellville
3. Beechwood
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard

7-10. Crap shoot.... about 10 teams who can be in these spots
1A east is pretty loaded.

1. Hazard ( I know Pikeville should be pre-ranked #1 )
2. Beechwood
3. Pikeville
4. Paintsville ( 3 years in a roll for my sleeper team )
5. Russellville
6. Raceland
7. Pineville
8. Campbellville
9. Bethlehem
10. Crittendom County ( just guessing ) :pondering:
1. Pikeville
2. Russellville
3. Beechwood
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard
7. Bethlehem
8. Paris
9. Williamsburg
10. Bishop Brossart
[quote=64SUR]1A east is pretty loaded.

1. Hazard ( I know Pikeville should be pre-ranked #1 )
2. Beechwood
3. Pikeville
4. Paintsville ( 3 years in a roll for my sleeper team )
5. Russellville
6. Raceland
7. Pineville
8. Campbellville
9. Bethlehem
10. Crittendom County ( just guessing ) :pondering:[/QUOTE

I forgot about Kentucky County Day could be a sleeper for sure. :popcorn:
bac2369 Wrote:[1 Pikeville- They lost some heavy playmakers from 2015 but return some good skill players and return some good linebackers and secondary.They have a big senior class returning junior class and are the favorite to start out the season. Question is how life without Pugh will be?

2 Russellville- They return a very good group of experienced kids and Speed is all I have to say. They must win the big game and possibly develop a OK passing game. They return the most in the class and I think it could be there year..

3 Beechwood- They lost the house but do return some young skill players and a few on defense but still young. Anyone else would take a drop but I'm giving them the nod because there Beechwood but if you saw what they returned without the name beside it then you would have them in the 4-8 range. But what else has them this high is a solid senior class will be back but don't be surprised if they could be as low as a 5 seed possibly.

4 Hazard- They return a lot as well like Russellville. 10 on Offense and 8 on defense.But this team will be young and could be dangerous team to keep an eye on. Injuries will hurt there chances if it happens like 2015.They also recieved a Letcher Central transfer after the season and was just now mentioned.

4 Paintsville- They lost a lot of seniors but return Kent Phelps and the Morris kid and have a young stable of talent who will be there a couple more years.They also recieved a transfer from Johnson Central who will only make them better

4 Raceland- They lost some good kids and have quite a few holes to fill but I think Raceland and Paintsville are in the same shoes and that's why I list them both at 5. Only reason Paintsville is listed first is because they won the district last season and I think the QB needs to try to take this team to another level because some think he underachieved last year and people expected better and Paintsville returns the best player in there district for his senior.

7 Nicholas County- A team no one expected to be good but nearly pulled an upset over Fairview in the playoffs and return tons from a junior dominate team last year. So the East best keep a eye out on this team.

8 Bethlehem- A team that returns some serious fire power with over 3,000 yards of offense returning and 40+ Touchdowns.

9 Harlan- I had them
A little higher before but after losing a Runningback to the county they have fell a few spots but could be a dangerous team to keep an eye on.

10 Kentucky Country Day return some nice playmakers from a high scoring offense. Defense will be the question for them.

Teams that could crack into the top 10. Pineville, Fairview, Campbellsville, Frankfort, Williamsburg and Ludlow.

Hazard, Raceland, and Paintsville all are interchangeable at the moments
1. Pikeville
2. Russellville
3. Hazard
4. Beechwood
5. Raceland.
6. Paintsville
7............10 ?????
Where is all this hazard love coming from? I know they have a couple key positions coming back but I'm telling you Raceland and Pikeville are above all 1A talent In EKY.
1. Russellville
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Beechwood
5. Raceland
6. Campbellsville
7. Hazard
8. Paris
9. Williamsburg
10. Bishop Brossart
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Beechwood
4. Russellville
5. Holy Cross Louisville
6. Raceland
7. Paris
8. Brossart
9. Hazard
10. Nicholas County
Mastadon89 Wrote:Where is all this hazard love coming from? I know they have a couple key positions coming back but I'm telling you Raceland and Pikeville are above all 1A talent In EKY.

Why not should be the question? They return a 1600 yard rusher and a 1000 yard reciever... Yes they lost there quarterback but the Blair kid was more than capable to play last year at QB. Blair will give hazard more speed but not the power that Ratliff had. Blair will be a better passer as well Cole really only had last year only at QB. Hazard was destroyed with injuries last season and lost of kids got significant playing time and experience. Defense is where hazards key will be in replacing there linebackers but they should have able bodies to fill them plus some talented freshmen coming in again.

Pikeville is the favorite until beaten but they got some holes to fill and adjust to life without that horse Pugh in the backfield.

Raceland returns some talent as well but lost some good players but until they can show it I can't believe the hype because I had them at my preseason number #2 last year but they just didn't adjust until the playoffs.

Paintsville has talent as well and they weren't mentioned in your comment but i will throw them in there as well with Phelps and Morris returning and other underclass men who got solid PT last season.

Hazard, Paintsville, and Raceland are all neck and neck but I just can't see where each hold the edge on one another.
1 Pikeville
2 Russellville
3 Beechwood
4 Paintsville
5 Raceland
6 Hazard
7 Paris
8 Fairview
9 Williamsburg
10 Bishop Brossart
Not really seeing how Brossart is ahead of Nicholas. Brossart graduated over half of their team and Nicholas was playing as well as anybody at the end of last season and return nearly everyone.
Glacier Wrote:Not really seeing how Brossart is ahead of Nicholas. Brossart graduated over half of their team and Nicholas was playing as well as anybody at the end of last season and return nearly everyone.

It was really just some guesswork with the bottom teams. Class A will be very competitive this year and at the bottom half I think most of the teams are interchangeable.
Pikeville, Hazard, Paintsville, Raceland, or whomever can get their kids to buy in on defense will come out of the east. Best defensive team will win. All will be dangerous offensively.
And whoever can avoid the type injury year that Hazard had last year.
Hazard is loaded with kids coming back and have a large senior class. Them and Pikeville are front runners in the east. It could finally be Russellville's turn. Lot of good teams stuck behind the monster that was Mayfield. Beechwood will be Beechwood. They just reload. Is Young back for Campbellsville? Raceland needs to prove it on Fridays. They look very good on paper. Paintsville lost a ton of excellent players starting with the big dog. Harlan will be dangerous. Not sure if they have enough speed to compete with Pikeville and Hazard.
1. Pikeville to be the man you have to beat the man
2. Beechwood best of the west last year
3.Paintsville last years district champs
4. Raceland
5. Russellville same boat at Raceland imo the east is stronger
6. Hazard
7. Nicholas co. Dangerous team
What boys does Harlan have returning? Did the Brock kid transfer also Is he not playing running back ? Who is the quarterback this year? I was looking forward to this season now I'm not sure.
E's Army Wrote:Hazard is loaded with kids coming back and have a large senior class. Them and Pikeville are front runners in the east. It could finally be Russellville's turn. Lot of good teams stuck behind the monster that was Mayfield. Beechwood will be Beechwood. They just reload. Is Young back for Campbellsville? Raceland needs to prove it on Fridays. They look very good on paper. Paintsville lost a ton of excellent players starting with the big dog. Harlan will be dangerous. Not sure if they have enough speed to compete with Pikeville and Hazard.

Russellville didn't lose much at all. I see no point they can't make it to BG. Beechwood should be guranteed playoffs at home throughout the playoffs.
Young was a senior for Campbellsville but they will have a shot at top 10 later on in the season.
Nicholas had an okay schedule last year losing to okay teams. This year I see there only challenge being there first game of the season against Bethlehem.

They lost last year 28-8. If they can win that game it could go a long way for there confidence and I predict a 10-0 regular season if they win that first game.
dragonwatch Wrote:What boys does Harlan have returning? Did the Brock kid transfer also Is he not playing running back ? Who is the quarterback this year? I was looking forward to this season now I'm not sure.

Brock should be the primary ball carrier this year as a junior. Jarvis graduated and Stapleton went back to Harlan County.
Parks is back at quarterback. Ledford can also play there, along with receiver.
HCS Wrote:Brock should be the primary ball carrier this year as a junior. Jarvis graduated and Stapleton went back to Harlan County.
Parks is back at quarterback. Ledford can also play there, along with receiver.

I think there district is wide open again. If Stapleton stays I think Harlan is the favorite to win there district.
How' is life in Raceland,Fairview,Pikeville, Paintsville going?