Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry 70 - Hazard 69 (OT)
hitter Wrote:Dexter made three bad calls at the end of regulation or it wouldn't have went into overtime. But if perry hits it's free throws it wouldn't have went into overtime too

There comes a time in life when you a referee that you are not able to continue refereeing...............I think the end should be for him !!
baller43 Wrote:There will always be controversial calls in basketball, theres no arguing against that. With this being said, I think a foul with 0.6 seconds left should NEVER be able to determine the outcome of a game. Either way, it is what it is. Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game, this was another reminder of how great mountain basketball really is.

If its a foul you have to call it ALWAYS, a referee making the call should not even know how much time is on the clock. Not making a call is as bad as making a bad call!
ekff Wrote:James Blair has always went to a Perry County school

Austin Spurlock went to Hazard Middle School

They both transferred while in high school.

There is no use in starting an argument with you though because you are going to see it how you want to since your team, Hazard, loves to recruit.

And people wonder why Buckhorn and Leslie choose to draw. Smh.
Mark Emmert Wrote:They both transferred while in high school.

There is no use in starting an argument with you though because you are going to see it how you want to since your team, Hazard, loves to recruit.

And people wonder why Buckhorn and Leslie choose to draw. Smh.

No one questions why they choose to draw.

I'm sure everyone understands they're making the best decision for their teams.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If its a foul you have to call it ALWAYS, a referee making the call should not even know how much time is on the clock. Not making a call is as bad as making a bad call!

I don't agree with KF35 often, but he's right in this situation.

There is a legitimate gripe about whether this was a foul or not, but a ref's jurisdiction ends when he leaves the court, not when it's tied with 0.6 seconds to go.
KyGurl Wrote:There comes a time in life when you a referee that you are not able to continue refereeing...............I think the end should be for him !!

Bad calls made for both sides. There was a foul all the way on last play [ hand pushing Blair on lower back when he was going up ] Thats an old trick taught to throw player off balance. Hazard put wrong shooter on line when foul was called on missed Blair freethrow. They also missed player control call against Haz. i thought Tobler moved under haz player. All that said i think PCC was best team in region and glad they won. Haz played very soft schedule. Good Luck Dores
me and mine Wrote:Bad calls made for both sides. There was a foul all the way on last play [ hand pushing Blair on lower back when he was going up ] Thats an old trick taught to throw player off balance. Hazard put wrong shooter on line when foul was called on missed Blair freethrow. They also missed player control call against Haz. i thought Tobler moved under haz player. All that said i think PCC was best team in region and glad they won. Haz played very soft schedule. Good Luck Dores

If you've ever watched an Al Holland coached team, you know this happens at least one time every game. It's one of his oldest tricks.
These things usually even out in the long run I personally could not see if it was a foul or not that's why they have referees. Dexter has a good reputation and I'm sure that's the way he saw it. That being said these calls in the last few years have usually went against Perry dating back to the regional final with Hazard when a goal tend was called when Perry had got the rebound and was headed on a runout to the other end. Also the scramble for a loose ball on the other end of the court that put Tate Cox on the line with no time showing.Just my opinion accept it and move on. The truth is out there. Brother Cecil.
[Image:

]

More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

Is that your picture Fat Pat I always wondered what you looked like. The truth is out there . Brother Cecil.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Is that your picture Fat Pat I always wondered what you looked like. The truth is out there . Brother Cecil.

[Image:

]

Brutha Special, ole fatpat sure welcomes you to the patriot family. Glad you joined the bandwagon.

Being a die hard PCC fan, it kills me to say this. That was a horrible call. Should have went to the 2nd overtime. It was like that ref was just ready to go home. I am happy my Dores came out on top. But i dont agree with how it went down.
Dexter is a fine man and a good referee. All 3 officials had a tough game to call. I thought they gone as good a job as anyone possibly could have. I can take any game film and question multiple calls. Including this one! And I do think Johnson fouled Blair with his hand dead center his back. Dexter was right in front of the play so I'm sure he had a nice closeup view.
Congrats to Dores. Hate to see Hazard's season end this way
there was a foul on last play before shot [ defenders hand on Blairs lower back]. And i think player control called aginst haz player was bad call. Tobler moved under player. I saw bad calls both ways. They allowed wrong haz player to shoot tying free throws also. I think best team won last nite. hazard had very soft schedule hardest games were PCC three times. GOOD LUCK DORES.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If its a foul you have to call it ALWAYS, a referee making the call should not even know how much time is on the clock. Not making a call is as bad as making a bad call!
In my opinion it was not a foul, therefore you don't ALWAYS call it, it was questionable. All I was saying is that I hate that one call single-handedly determined the outcome of the game (this game or any game for that matter). In this instance, I'd say a no call is best decision though, let the teams have 4 more in double OT to battle it out, rather than end things on what we ALL can agree was a controversial call...
Blair did attend buckhorn high school, played grade school ball at chavies
I watched the game last night, an the speed an skill set of the game made this a really tough game to ref!! They were several calls made both ways, that were bad calls!! An they were calls made prior to the overtime that would have ended the game for either side , so let's just all agree that it was a hell of a game!!! An talk about the real problem !, why not seed like the girls do an hazard an Pcc would have be opposite in the dist championship game an then possibly in the regional final!
baller43 Wrote:In my opinion it was not a foul, therefore you don't ALWAYS call it, it was questionable. All I was saying is that I hate that one call single-handedly determined the outcome of the game (this game or any game for that matter). In this instance, I'd say a no call is best decision though, let the teams have 4 more in double OT to battle it out, rather than end things on what we ALL can agree was a controversial call...

I have seen many basketball games and I've yet to see one where one call single-handedly determined the outcome of the game.

The players win and lose games - the refs interpret the rules.

In the waning minutes of this one, Hazard turned it over twice on inbound plays and had a player accidentally step out of bounds. Perry turned it over and missed free throws. If we're going to assume that the ref determined this game's outcome, then we have to forget the fact that both teams had their opportunities to put this game away on their own and came up short.
I've had fun in here guys, but I think I'm adding more fuel to this fire.

Hazard had a great season and they don't have anything to hang their heads over because they did everything they could to win the game, but only one team could move on.

You can't keep Al Holland down long.
[quote=baller43]In my opinion it was not a foul, therefore you don't ALWAYS call it, it was questionable. All I was saying is that I hate that one call single-handedly determined the outcome of the game (this game or any game for that matter). In this instance, I'd say a no call is best decision though, let the teams have 4 more in double OT to battle it out, rather than end things on what we ALL can agree was a controversial call...
It's amazing to me how people who have never been in a pressure situation of calling a big time game can criticize a respectable official who was 5' from the play. You people are amazing! Dexter saw johnson's hand on Blair the whole way. He let it go the majority of the way and he still pushed him at the end. It was a foul the whole way, period. Good call!
zaga_fan Wrote:I have seen many basketball games and I've yet to see one where one call single-handedly determined the outcome of the game.

The players win and lose games - the refs interpret the rules.

In the waning minutes of this one, Hazard turned it over twice on inbound plays and had a player accidentally step out of bounds. Perry turned it over and missed free throws. If we're going to assume that the ref determined this game's outcome, then we have to forget the fact that both teams had their opportunities to put this game away on their own and came up short.
Zaga you completely summed this whole debacle up in simple terms. Thank you and I can not say another word in any better fashion.
I've watched the play several times and the only time Johnson Is close to him is when he starts the drive to the basket and Johnson is behind him and not got a hand on him the whole drive to the basket because Blair has him beat and the help side blocked it.
Should Issac Humphries have been called for a Technical the other night? That is all I want to know.
Congrats Commowhores on the win.

Hazard keep your head up.

both teams play great, this was the best game I watch this year.
cj2561 Wrote:Congrats Commowhores on the win.

Hazard keep your head up.

both teams play great, this was the best game I watch this year.

I agree one hell of a game. But let those kids decide it in 2 OT.
bac2369 Wrote:I've watched the play several times and the only time Johnson Is close to him is when he starts the drive to the basket and Johnson is behind him and not got a hand on him the whole drive to the basket because Blair has him beat and the help side blocked it.
I think you need to see the pictures on Facebook with johnsons hand on blairs back clear as a bell. He fouled him 3 times with the last being on the shot.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree one hell of a game. But let those kids decide it in 2 OT.

Would you please quit crying about one call. My god grow up and accept the loss the way it is. If you let that one go then why not let 2 more go in the next overtime.
Paparazzi Wrote:I think you need to see the pictures on Facebook with johnsons hand on blairs back clear as a bell. He fouled him 3 times with the last being on the shot.

I have. You see a hand but if u can tell me that's on his back by a foward picture ur about as ignorant as they come. As many as the die hard PCC fans I know and graduated with at Pcc in 2004 they see the same. It's a blown call but the game is over and like many said the game should have been over before that after Hazard got the technical.