Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry 70 - Hazard 69 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Game of the year!
I agree! One of the best I've watched all year, I hate to see it end the way it did though.
It's an absolute shame that one of these teams won't be in the regional tourney. Outstanding game
Not sure if that was a foul. I couldn't see the full view of the block on livestream. I'm a Perry fan but I hate to see a game end like that. Maybe the rivalry will be rekindled now.
Was the foul at the end of OT a foul or not? I wasn't there just heard it on the radio.
Didn't look like one to me, that's a no call IMO.
Watched the game on t.v. and I couldn't believe the ref made the call. Maybe he heard Frazier hand smacking his teammate arm. No contact by hazard players on Blair. It remind me of the call in KCC n Breathitt game a few years ago. I'm not neither fan of hazard or Perry.
It was a tremendous game between two teams that didn't want to lose.
I think from Dexter's view it just looked like a foul and that's why it got called. He called it on Johnson, right?

Johnson had his hand on Blair's back that whole drive to the hoop, and it probably looked like a push full speed since his arm comes off at the end.

It still may have been a push down low - But I just saw the replay from the front on the live stream.
:hilarious: CONGRADULATIONS COMMODORES !!! :thatsfunn TongueirateSho GO COMMODORES TongueirateSho SEE YOU GUYS AT RUPP :1:
Great game by both schools, Its a shame one had to go home both deserves to play in the regional tournament next week. Bad calls all night on both sides. Good Luck to Perry Central the rest of the way
That was a tough game to call. A million calls could have went either way. It was a foul at the end. I want to congratulate Griffin Wells on the gutsiest performance that I've saw in a very long time. He kept hazard in it all night. My hats off to you young man!
I don't think I would have called the foul at the end but I also wouldn't have called the foul on Blair right before that when Blair missed the free throw and tipped it and they called a foul on Blair. But a really good game
Dexter made three bad calls at the end of regulation or it wouldn't have went into overtime. But if perry hits it's free throws it wouldn't have went into overtime too
Coulda woulda shoulda. If you deserve to play in the regional tournament, you will make it. Regardless of format. Congrats to the Commodores.
Yes it was a good game. And both teams deserve to go to regional.

That being said, Leslie and Buckhorn probably are two of the top 8 teams in the region as well. It's a blind draw. It is what it is.

If we want fairness in the region then maybe we redo districts. Because IMO, this district has four teams that are more often than not in the top 8 of the region and any can win two districts in the region a majority of the time in a ten year span.

May not be the popular stance and I understand why. But that is probably another reason that the draw is still held up.
Great game and atmosphere.

Four of the best players on the floor tonight

Blair - Buckhorn
Tobler - Philadelphia
Spurlock - Leslie County
Frazier - New York
Just watched the replay of the final play with PCC and Hazard and I don't see a foul, especially from the ref's angle. Never like to see a game end this way. Tough way to lose it even though one play never wins/loses a game.
I hate that one of these teams had to lose. They both played hard and left it on the floor.
James Blair was one of the best on the floor for Pcc. Clutch shot after another. Tobler goes to the goal hard and I see very rarely gets called for a charge. The Freshmen Back hit huge shots down the stretch but Hazard kept fighting back. Instant Classic but not better than the 04 game.
Well, it sounds like I missed a barn burner!!

Congrats Dores!
Mark Emmert Wrote:Great game and atmosphere.

Blair - Buckhorn
Tobler - Philadelphia
Spurlock - Leslie County
Frazier - New York

I don't know those teams.

I was under the impression all these kids go to school together here and play basketball at Perry Central and Hazard.
[YOUTUBE="https://youtu.be/JYmPbQSAZwI"][/YOUTUBE]

Foul was called on #2.
Don't look like a foul to me.
Let the kids play 2nd OT
Let me start off by saying I have no ties to either school, as I know people and kids from both schools. Looked at the replay several times. There is no foul on the shot by either Hazard player! If the official was going to call a foul, it should have been on the floor when Johnson put his hand on Blair's side on the drive! It's obvious that the ref waited till he seen the outcome of the play until he called the foul which was after the shot was BLOCKED! It's sad that we have officials in the 14th that still decide the outcome of to many games. This is a no-call and let the kids play on and decide the outcome. SAD!!SAD!!SAD!!!!!!
Jimmer Wrote:Let me start off by saying I have no ties to either school, as I know people and kids from both schools. Looked at the replay several times. There is no foul on the shot by either Hazard player! If the official was going to call a foul, it should have been on the floor when Johnson put his hand on Blair's side on the drive! It's obvious that the ref waited till he seen the outcome of the play until he called the foul which was after the shot was BLOCKED! It's sad that we have officials in the 14th that still decide the outcome of to many games. This is a no-call and let the kids play on and decide the outcome. SAD!!SAD!!SAD!!!!!!

You beat me to it Jimmer. I've watched it several times now in slow motion, the play was over way before the call!!!
Mark Emmert Wrote:Great game and atmosphere.

Blair - Buckhorn
Tobler - Philadelphia
Spurlock - Leslie County
Frazier - New York

It's not where you start that matters......it's where you finish.
James Blair has always went to a Perry County school

Austin Spurlock went to Hazard Middle School
UK#24 Wrote:[YOUTUBE="https://youtu.be/JYmPbQSAZwI"][/YOUTUBE]

Foul was called on #2.
Don't look like a foul to me.
Let the kids play 2nd OT

The foul was not called on #2. Dexter called the foul on #11 Johnson for a push in the back. Watch the video.
It's a shame that one of these teams had to go home. Great effort from both teams last night.
There will always be controversial calls in basketball, theres no arguing against that. With this being said, I think a foul with 0.6 seconds left should NEVER be able to determine the outcome of a game.
Either way, it is what it is. Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game, this was another reminder of how great mountain basketball really is.
He brought Tracy young in, hes not going anywhere lol
Pages: 1 2 3