•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Football 2016
I must not be in the clique Smile
pjdoug Wrote:everything is top secret in The Burg. even the BBQ recipe Smile

Big Blue BBQ is up and running and will be displaying all the area high school football teams by putting pictures and displays on the walls. There will be plenty of good food, coaching, lies and football talk around that place.Confusednicker:
cherokee Wrote:Big Blue BBQ is up and running and will be displaying all the area high school football teams by putting pictures and displays on the walls. There will be plenty of good food, coaching, lies and football talk around that place.Confusednicker:

I stopped by Kentucky Blue BBQ yesterday and had some delicious ribs and tater saladSmile.if anybody is in the area and wants some good barbecue they should stop by and see Elmer . somebody still owes me some cue though lol
is it still a secret who is on the sideline for The Colonels? maybe I'll have to wait and see it on Sportscenter.
My guess is Randy Frazier will be on staff. JMO and would be a good hire. Great guy!
cherokee Wrote:Big Blue BBQ is up and running and will be displaying all the area high school football teams by putting pictures and displays on the walls. There will be plenty of good food, coaching, lies and football talk around that place.Confusednicker:

Where in Corbin is Big Blue BBQ ?????? Would love to try it. May have to make it a habit.Confusednicker:
Cellking Wrote:Where in Corbin is Big Blue BBQ ?????? Would love to try it. May have to make it a habit.Confusednicker:

It is located in Williamsburg at the intersection of HWY 25 and 92.
Coach Frazier may not be the the only 1. I heard they had another visitor sometime recently that was very impressed. Bell's loss is for sure Whitley's gain. Supreme talent nor smoke and mirrors made Bell a very good team for years. they have some excellent coaching along with kids that played really hard and belived in what they were taught. The Future continues to look bright for Whitley.
Cellking Wrote:Where in Corbin is Big Blue BBQ ?????? Would love to try it. May have to make it a habit.Confusednicker:

Williamsburg
gobigblue82 Wrote:it is located in williamsburg at the intersection of hwy 25 and 92.

92 eSmile

Ill have to get down there for some BBQ.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill have to get down there for some BBQ.

It's good
Ok guys, anyone heard anything on this "good news" for Whitley over Christmas break?
The good news isn't going to come to colonel land, I heard Corbin refused to let them out of the contract .:1:
1/4bak Wrote:The good news isn't going to come to colonel land, I heard Corbin refused to let them out of the contract .:1:

Haha!! Yea to bad for Corbin that Belfry isn't going anywhere either!!
BluegrassCat Wrote:Haha!! Yea to bad for Corbin that Belfry isn't going anywhere either!!

Yep they will probably get together in the state semi's next year again at Corbin, for you colonel fans the semi is the game played after you win the regionConfusedinglepar
1/4bak Wrote:Yep they will probably get together in the state semi's next year again at Corbin, for you colonel fans the semi is the game played after you win the regionConfusedinglepar

Prob so, they have zero competition before they get there. I will be there to watch them get their a**es handed to them again on their home turf!
BluegrassCat Wrote:Prob so, they have zero competition before they get there. I will be there to watch them get their a**es handed to them again on their home turf!

Yeah I think Bell County put a running clock on Whitley in the first half this year and subbed down while you all kept your starters in, really 0 competition.
Be sure to be there for the first game also and see what a beat down takes place, be sure to bring some rope to tie your back pockets up.
1/4bak Wrote:Yeah I think Bell County put a running clock on Whitley in the first half this year and subbed down while you all kept your starters in, really 0 competition.
Be sure to be there for the first game also and see what a beat down takes place, be sure to bring some rope to tie your back pockets up.
I thought we were talking next year dude??? Bell will be way down.
1/4bak Wrote:The good news isn't going to come to colonel land, I heard Corbin refused to let them out of the contract .:1:

talking out your :lame: *** as usual.
BluegrassCat Wrote:Ok guys, anyone heard anything on this "good news" for Whitley over Christmas break?

I haven't heard anything. seems to be a top secret.
Who is on the staff now?
^
I heard Frazier has joined.
Somebody may be able to confirm that.
Yes, Frazier has started teaching in Whitley and on staff. Another reason our staff will be short. He was not teaching here, but coaching, now gone.
Frazier will be a nice addition to the staff...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
came here to see if and how many of our players jumped ship but sence I'm here might as well give my 2 cents.....Frazier will make a good assistant no doubt probably even more so than a head coach (however we would like to have him at this point) Whitley as a whole however will be whitley just average. I really don't understand why either?? a lot of students to choose from, nice facilities and yet they're a middle of the road to below team. And why is everyone wanting to get rid of Chappell you knew his track record when you got him...and i don't think its necesarraly him either i really don't know what the problem is.
WhyLie Wrote:Yes, Frazier has started teaching in Whitley and on staff. Another reason our staff will be short. He was not teaching here, but coaching, now gone.

good news.hopefully they'll have a solid staff.
redrocket Wrote:came here to see if and how many of our players jumped ship but sence I'm here might as well give my 2 cents.....Frazier will make a good assistant no doubt probably even more so than a head coach (however we would like to have him at this point) Whitley as a whole however will be whitley just average. I really don't understand why either?? a lot of students to choose from, nice facilities and yet they're a middle of the road to below team. And why is everyone wanting to get rid of Chappell you knew his track record when you got him...and i don't think its necesarraly him either i really don't know what the problem is.

I agree. there's no reason that Bell should be better than Whitley. I didn't know everybody was trying to get rid of Chappell.
Whitley will pass them up soon, maybe real soon. But that could be the case for most teams on the schedule. Better thank goodness for Jackson Co.
It's not just football, from a sheer numbers standpoint aline, Whitley should have many more wins and titles in sports than they do. A combination of bad luck with tough districts and ineptitude has repeatedly cost them.
Hopefully they will turn it around but who knows.
I look at it like this. Had Whitley been in the kind of district they are now back in the 90s they would have a lot more district titles to brag about and such but lets not forget Whitley was the same size school as bell, rock, knox, etc just 20 years ago but outgrew them quickly but there sports didnt.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next