Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
HHellBird Wrote:Sad thing is he couldn't start for my boys DIII team

You are 100% right, Austin couldn't start for your boys DIII team. A kid like Austin wouldn't go to a pitiful DIII football team. Pitiful might be putting it nicely. A 3-7 record with wins over 2-8 Kenyon (beat Hiram and Allegheny), 0-10 Allegheny, and 2-8 College of Wooster (beat Kenyon and guess who - oh yes Allegheny - thank God for Allegheny). That is some bad football ladies and gentlemen. Lets see if our old friend Hellbird will "be honest" and admit that is about as about as bad as it gets playing college football.

:lmao:
Sweet Cake Wrote:You are 100% right, Austin couldn't start for your boys DIII team. A kid like Austin wouldn't go to a pitiful DIII football team. Pitiful might be putting it nicely. A 3-7 record with wins over 2-8 Kenyon (beat Hiram and Allegheny), 0-10 Allegheny, and 2-8 College of Wooster (beat Kenyon and guess who - oh yes Allegheny - thank God for Allegheny). That is some bad football ladies and gentlemen. Lets see if our old friend Hellbird will "be honest" and admit that is about as about as bad as it gets playing college football.

:lmao:

3-7 isn't great, and if it's a National championship you are looking for then I would suggest not going there. But if you realize playing football at the next level is an honor to be able to do so and your priority is a great education then I would highly recommended as one of the best academic institutes in the entire nation and ranked world wide. As a matter of fact the major my boy who is majoring in, the college he is playing for is ranked 6th world wide in his major. If you want an Ivy League type of education and are good enough to also play football at the next level then please follow in my sons footsteps. Trust me, education comes first and being able to play and compete at the next level which 94% of all high school football players are not able to do, well then it's just icing on the cake. Sure they went 3-7 this year, but you do know that there have only been 2 schools over the last decade that have ever won the National title at that level and I don't see Cinetral Michigan fairing any better at their level, they won't be winning a national title in our lifetimes so it really doesn't matter now does it where they play as long as they are fortunate to get the chance to do so at the next level. I think you'd agree at that. I'm honored to have a kid playing at the next level.

Now because you seem to be very narrowminded, again show me where I said I wished Austin the worst? You act as if I don't want to see the kid succeed. Just because someone states a fact that there were better QB's he played against doesn't mean I'm going to come on here and bash the school etc. I didn't even say anything about Central Michigan. Actually anytime a player gets to play at the next level is pretty awesome. Now I understand you got your panties in a bunch because someone actually spoke the truth about how he faired against his counterparts this season, but that is more on you than anyone else.
HHellBird Wrote:3-7 isn't great, but at least they weren't winless and at least it is college football and on a rebuilding team I'm honored to have a kid playing at the next level. Now because you seem to be very narrowminded, again show me where I said I wished Austin the worst? You act as if I don't want to see the kid succeed. Just because someone states a fact that there were better QB's he played against doesn't mean I'm going to come on here and bash the school etc. I didn't even say anything about Central Michigan. Actually anytime a player gets to play at the next level is pretty awesome. Now I understand you got your panties in a bunch because someone actually spoke the truth about how he faired against his counterparts this season, but that is more on you than anyone else.

I am just stating the facts. The facts don't bother you do they?

That is one long term rebuilding project given the historical results.

Also, if it weren't for fighting Gators of Allegheny your son's school and the three schools they beat would have a combined 4 wins (and 2 of those are over Kenyon). Is there a level of "college" football that is worse than the level your son plays at?

:hilarious:

One other question, is there a height limit on how tall you can be and play on your son's school's team? If there is, it would appear that Austin might be over the height limit. In looking at the roster it appears that it is full of "little" people.
HHellBird Wrote:Cov Cath's record was 5-8

Wasn't sure,knew they usually have a good team!
Wow, this thread is now picking up some juice. Bo, you got anything to add to the conversation?
Sweet Cake Wrote:I am just stating the facts. The facts don't bother you do they?

Also, if it weren't for fighting Gators of Allegheny your son's school and the three schools they beat would have a combined 4 wins (and 2 of those are over Kenyon). Is there a level of "college" football that is worse than the level your son plays at?

One other question, is there a height limit on how tall you can be and play on your son's school's team? If there is, it would appear that Austin might be over the height limit. In looking at the roster it appears that it is full of "little" people.

Seriously what is your problem? What you are doing is proving a point that it's who you know not how good you are apparently. I wish Austin the best. Feel free to continue ripping college teams as if that matters to anyone outside your basement.

Now as far as your obsession with my sons college team, he is 6' 3" didn't know that was short. The majority of the team is 6' or taller, didn't know that was considered short either, but wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

Now again, what does this topic have to do with college teams and how good they are etc? Not sure what your obsession with his team is but it's sad that the fact your boy couldn't start on a 3-7 team says all there is to know about his ability now doesn't it?

You talking about my sons team, you do realize their conference has the last 2 years at least 3 of the top 15 teams in the country and the fact that the team that won their conference this year just beat Thomas More last week in the playoffs and has one of the best defenses in the entire country. So you trying to rip that level of play is a joke and shows how truly ignorant you are.

You can rip his team all you want, but he's accomplished more in his short life than you ever will. His team didn't go 10-0 this year, so what? What does that matter anyway? Your obsession over this college team is borderline disturbing.
I already spoke my piece on Austin. I am not going to compare D1 to D111. All I know is only 3% of high school football players actually play college football. And only 1% of them go to the NFL
Jaxkait Wrote:Wasn't sure,knew they usually have a good team!

I think they will be improved next year. If I'm correct their starting QB was a sophomore, so I'm going to enjoy seeing his growth over the next couple years.
bo67 Wrote:I already spoke my piece on Austin. I am not going to compare D1 to D111. All I know is only 3% of high school football players actually play college football. And only 1% of them go to the NFL

I'm with you. I hope nothing but the best for Austin.

Comparing schools and levels in College is ridiculous. when there are only 3% that even play at the next level covering every division, just to be afforded the opportunity is pretty awesome.

AS far as my son goes, I couldn't be prouder of him. He is already in the record book for a game this year when they set a conference offensive record with 800 yards of offense and almost 600 yards passing. He has been fortunate enough to start since his first game as a freshman and has been one of the leading receivers on the team the past 2 years. Not many college players at any level can say that. So if Sweet Cake wants to rip him for being successful, then I have nothing else to add.
HHellBird Wrote:I'm with you. I hope nothing but the best for Austin.

Comparing schools and levels in College is ridiculous. when there are only 3% that even play at the next level covering every division, just to be afforded the opportunity is pretty awesome.

AS far as my son goes, I couldn't be prouder of him. He is already in the record book for a game this year when they set a conference offensive record with 800 yards of offense and almost 600 yards passing. He has been fortunate enough to start since his first game as a freshman and has been one of the leading receivers on the team the past 2 years. Not many college players at any level can say that. So if Sweet Cake wants to rip him for being successful, then I have nothing else to add.

No one is ripping your son. You said Austin couldn't play for your son's D-III team and all I wanted to do was let you know he wouldn't be playing at that level and bring clarity to just how good your son's team is. Obviously you are wee bit little bit sensitive. I am a little surprised given how you like to lob shots at others, but I guess I shouldn't be.
Sweet Cake Wrote:No one is ripping your son. You said Austin couldn't play for your son's D-III team and all I wanted to do was let you know he wouldn't be playing at that level and bring clarity to just how good your son's team is. Obviously you are wee bit little bit sensitive. I am a little surprised given how you like to lob shots at others, but I guess I shouldn't be.
No, you read that wrong. I didn't say he couldn't play on that team. After you took it upon yourself to belittle DIII football I stated a fact that next year Hergott wouldn't even start for them. Big difference from saying he couldn't play for them. Pointing out the fact that just because it's DIII doesn't mean he could start for them next year.
Tell Adam Jones (aka Pac Man) He must leave the Bengals. He's too short. If you are good they will find you. Doesn't matter D1 or not. Where did Kenny Anderson play in college?
Sweet Cake Wrote:I am just stating the facts. The facts don't bother you do they?

Who in the hell would rag on any in state kid that went to college to play football? This makes no sense.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who in the hell would rag on any in state kid that went to college to play football? This makes no sense.

Pay attention.
HHellBird Wrote:No, you read that wrong. I didn't say he couldn't play on that team. After you took it upon yourself to belittle DIII football I stated a fact that next year Hergott wouldn't even start for them. Big difference from saying he couldn't play for them. Pointing out the fact that just because it's DIII doesn't mean he could start for them next year.

Hey, I didn't belittle DIII football, I belittled your son's team. Big difference.

:thatsfunn
Sweet Cake Wrote:Hey, I didn't belittle DIII football, I belittled your son's team. Big difference.

:thatsfunn
No, you belittled DIII football. You've been given ample opportunities to actually grow up but you continue to refuse. So although your envy of kids playing at the next level keep you up at night so you choose to belittle college football outside of your precious DI football.

Tell your boy best of luck and hope he doesn't spend 4 years riding the pine. Hopefully he actually gets to see the field of a DI game.
How did you all go from Pulaski and Higlands to D3 college football
Start another thread bashing each other
This thread has went way off topic and will be closed.

I advise each of you to read the updated rules at the top of each forum.