Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern @ North Laurel 11/13
North is a good team. SW is a good team. neither one is great. Gonna be a dandy. This one will fall on who out coaches who. IMO Adjustments will be huge
You could be on to something there....a coaching decision.

Who do you think has the better coach for their respective team?
former Wrote:Yeah but how many teams can say they only have 1 loss this far in the season

im shocked at how many people dislike north, they have never been a very good program and all of a sudden they have a good season and everyone hates them

im sure they know how good sw is and win or lose will be ready and have no reason not to be proud of what they have accomplished this yr

I find that amazing too, I always thought everybody loved a 'WINNER'??!! Too many jealous people and haters out there - more actually than I ever anticipated. I get talking smack, I love that part of the ride, but this goes beyond that seems like. Win or lose, anyone that has gotten to know this North Laurel team, really know them, knows they are a top notch bunch of young men, that love the game, and love playing. I jumped on their band wagon when the now Sophomores were in middle school and I have been following them ever since and they have never one time disappointed me as a fan. I am going to enjoy this game Friday night no matter the out-come, I'll be back next season following the Jaguars again, because they are a team worthy of my support. In closing all I have to say is GO JAGS, give em' the full treatment and win this game!!

:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
Granny Bear Wrote:You could be on to something there....a coaching decision.

I think in these games its not just coaching but who has the best players to work with.

I know SW has some very talented players and are very big.
People talk about the weak schedule North Laurel has played this year. What have they done to those teams? Blown them out! They have left no doubt in those games. That tells me they are for real. If the scores in these games had been close late wins, maybe you could question them. I think this team is for real and Friday's game will be the best game of the week. No matter who was on the schedule, North Laurel has only lost 1 game this season. Not many teams left can say that. Fan or not, you have to give props to what they have done over there.
Granny Bear Wrote:You could be on to something there....a coaching decision.

Both dandy coaches and would go to war with either. I have learned thru coaching basketball that an adjustment you make one game and works may not work the next. When it does you look like amazing coach when it dont well you know the rest. IMO Larkey is a will not change and it will be you know what I am doing try and stop me. French will throw the play book at north fri nite. Gonna be fun.
Both teams weaker spots are in the secondary. IMO
ky playmaker Wrote:Both teams weaker spots are in the secondary. IMO

Be interesting if it were to come down to who has the best secondary. For some reason I doubt it does, but I have been wrong before! There I admitted it! :yikes:
Ha! I Guess my spell check fell asleep on that one! Your right about Blair. He seems to do a pretty good job and I'm not sure about his son but I'm sure some of his Dad has had to rub off over time.What I was referring to is Coach French walked into a place that had no coaching what so ever. I know French is a good Coach but he turned that program around in one year.That alone shows the talent was already their they just didn't have any Coaching!
ky playmaker Wrote:Both teams weaker spots are in the secondary. IMO

North secondary has given up 8 TDS this year and have 15 INTS we gave up 13 rushing TDS. Don't thank secondary is weak.
43 D Wrote:North secondary has given up 8 TDS this year and have 15 INTS we gave up 13 rushing TDS. Don't thank secondary is weak.

Glad you put that out there. I was going to say anyone realize the stats on this NL secondary! They are NOT weak by any measuring stick you can come up with.

:thanks:
ky playmaker Wrote:Both dandy coaches and would go to war with either. I have learned thru coaching basketball that an adjustment you make one game and works may not work the next. When it does you look like amazing coach when it dont well you know the rest. IMO Larkey is a will not change and it will be you know what I am doing try and stop me. French will throw the play book at north fri nite. Gonna be fun.

Exactly! Some coaches seem to mesh better with their teams than others....I don't know....the communication between them is almost a mind thing.

These two have some things in common, and some things totally opposite. I think this will be THE game to watch Friday night!!
I know very little about north. What Kind of team speed do they have?
With Edwards out I am concerned about SW's overall team speed and big play ability. Gover and Lemmon are tough hard to tackle runners but I'm not sure how fast they are.

I agree with playmaker our secondary is a weak spot so can North throw it?

People can talk about records all they want but everyone playing this Friday is 1-0.

It should be a good game and who ever wins will have an improving Lincoln to face next week.
GEEZ people I said weaker spots and put IMO LOL
43 D Wrote:North secondary has given up 8 TDS this year and have 15 INTS we gave up 13 rushing TDS. Don't thank secondary is weak.

former Wrote:I think in these games its not just coaching but who has the best players to work with.

I know SW has some very talented players and are very big.

Some of the biggest players I have ever seen in high school football could absolutely not play at all, were BIG and that was all. So the BIG doesn't mean much - talent, speed and how they can read the other teams plays and adjust during the play they are in at the moment in high school carries more weight in my opinion.

:truestory:
Willie Turnover Wrote:I know very little about north. What Kind of team speed do they have?
With Edwards out I am concerned about SW's overall team speed and big play ability. Gover and Lemmon are tough hard to tackle runners but I'm not sure how fast they are.

People can talk about records all they want but everyone playing this Friday is 1-0.

It should be a good game and who ever wins will have an improving Lincoln to face next week.

It should be a very good game. north has good team speed don't know about SW. just know both teams will HIT. I agree about the records.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I know very little about north. What Kind of team speed do they have?

Secondary for sw misses danny butt.
Put it this way, this game will be a fight till the end. North Laurel has had a very impressive year and don't some things a lot of people never thought of, Southwestern is on a downward spiral. Edwards being out will be a big hit for southwestern in this contest but Southwestern has been in these situations before, they pull it out 28-21. But that's said and done, whoever wins has to come to Pulaski.
You got that right !!! Danny is a difference maker.
Glad to see all the interesting comments and no Trolling! A lot of good points made by several! Something I've not seen mentioned is Heart & Determination? Our linemen over the years have mostly been the smaller vs. whoever they played and with Larkey Football the line must play hard ever play!! They have known that going in but have always played with Heart & Determination! Nelson runs with a lot of Heart & Determination, and to be small delivers a BIG hit. The McWhorter boys along with the rest of the team play that way as well! Determination and Heart can overcome a lot of things!! :Thumbs: Remember Clay? If Clay can I can!! Get'er Done JAGS!!! :redboxer:
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Glad to see all the interesting comments and no Trolling! A lot of good points made by several! Something I've not seen mentioned is Heart & Determination? Our linemen over the years have mostly been the smaller vs. whoever they played and with Larkey Football the line must play hard ever play!! They have known that going in but have always played with Heart & Determination! Nelson runs with a lot of Heart & Determination, and to be small delivers a BIG hit. The McWhorter boys along with the rest of the team play that way as well! Determination and Heart can overcome a lot of things!! :Thumbs: Remember Clay? If Clay can I can!! Get'er Done JAGS!!! :redboxer:

Vary good point. :thanks:
Ice bags and whirlpools needed after this one. Both teams will get after you.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm telling you, this game will be competitive from the opening kick off!!!

Probably the best game of the week!!

Good luck Jags!!
Good luck Warriors!!

blowout city.
pjdoug Wrote:blowout city.

See you on the basketball court soon pjdoug Confusednicker: Go North Laurel :Cheerlead
I will say this about the Warriors,Next year they maybe the best team in 5A !!! But this year it's just not going to happen! They've had a decent season but it all comes to a end Friday!! They don't need to take another beating from PC anyway!!
ky playmaker Wrote:Secondary for sw misses danny butt.

I agree with that 100%,D Butte would have made a big differance this year! If DB and Fitzgerald had both played, The PC game would have been a lot more fun to watch!! Still don't think they would have beat PC but it would have been a lot closer!!!!
Jaxkait Wrote:I agree with that 100%,D Butte would have made a big differance this year! If DB and Fitzgerald had both played, The PC game would have been a lot more fun to watch!! Still don't think they would have beat PC but it would have been a lot closer!!!!

There's no way those two players would have made a difference in that beat down. #7 to #2 and #16 is to much for a team to handle.
I think Southwestern will take this game by a score. Jags with a great year!
Jaxkait Wrote:I agree with that 100%,D Butte would have made a big differance this year! If DB and Fitzgerald had both played, The PC game would have been a lot more fun to watch!! Still don't think they would have beat PC but it would have been a lot closer!!!!

There's no way those two players would have made a difference in that beat down. #7 to #2 and #16 is to much for a team to handle.
64SUR Wrote:See you on the basketball court soon pjdoug Confusednicker: Go North Laurel :Cheerlead

:bball: