Poll: Paintsville @ Fairview 10-9-15
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
66.67%
Fairview
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Fairview 10-9-15
Biggest difference is Fairview gives up 30 points a game to Paintsville's 12
IMO.... Paintsville doesn't get challenged until the State Semi Finals.

IF they stay injury free and play smart, Johnson County will have two state football champions this year.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Good to see JP back in action, lots of venom coming from Northeast Ky
Getting a risr out u Paintsville fans is way to easy especially melon head , you can say what u want and try to convince yourself it will be different but it won't paintsvilles will receive the same $ss whooping they get Year end and year out from the RAMS
We will see in two weeks and a day. Keep dreaming of yesterday. Yesterday is gone my friend. All new season. "You can't win any games on last years laurels." Walter J Brugh 1977. Tigers will take care of the Rams in good time.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Making nasty comments making fun of the gay community will not get you real far .
Seriously? Are you THAT thin skinned? He was mocking your name like you did his. I supposed you didn't think about people with melon shaped heads? They're a small, but proud and loud coalition. You really should stop making fun of his head because it's discriminatory too.:closeenough::eyeroll:
From a true Ram fan, in all seriousness, I hope that this game is played injury free and decided by the guys with the pads and helmets on and not by the guys wearing the stripes.

I hope both teams are at full force when they play the Rams the next 2 weeks. No excuses, win or lose. Let the kids decide it on the field.

We all like to brag our teams up and root for them. Alot of times it gets more emotional for the fans than it does the players. Just remember, if you don't bring home the Big Trophy, it's a long hard fall.

And no bird flies so high that it doesnt have to come down. Ask old JetPilot, took him awhile to get airborne again last year after going 12-0. We lost in State Semi-finals last 2 years and it's not fun to lose when you've made it that far.

Regardless, I hope the Championship comes to our district. Hope it's the Rams, but if not, so be it, at least we are considered the most competitive district in all 6 classes in the entire state.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:From a true Ram fan, in all seriousness, I hope that this game is played injury free and decided by the guys with the pads and helmets on and not by the guys wearing the stripes.

I hope both teams are at full force when they play the Rams the next 2 weeks. No excuses, win or lose. Let the kids decide it on the field.

We all like to brag our teams up and root for them. Alot of times it gets more emotional for the fans than it does the players. Just remember, if you don't bring home the Big Trophy, it's a long hard fall.

And no bird flies so high that it doesnt have to come down. Ask old JetPilot, took him awhile to get airborne again last year after going 12-0. We lost in State Semi-finals last 2 years and it's not fun to lose when you've made it that far.

Regardless, I hope the Championship comes to our district. Hope it's the Rams, but if not, so be it, at least we are considered the most competitive district in all 6 classes in the entire state.

Great call BWM , noting but respect for each team in this the hardest district anywhere IMO, will be a great next three week for these kids and nothing but memories. And Raceland has the best concession stand at any high school :1:
I agree with all of the above. I have had a great time playing in and watching games at Raceland in my lifetime. Tiger Blues is right. Best high school concession stand that I've been to in Kentucky! Phsforever I wore the second largest helmet on my team my junior and senior years at Paintsville. Had a watermelon dropped on my head from the top of a two story dorm at MMI at football camp when I was an eight grader. Hince came the name Melonhead.
:truestory:
BigMelon63 Wrote:We will see in two weeks and a day. Keep dreaming of yesterday. Yesterday is gone my friend. All new season. "You can't win any games on last years laurels." Walter J Brugh 1977. Tigers will take care of the Rams in good time.

Let's put on the breaks here, Paintsville hasn't beat Raceland in 10 years or more and they have been the class of the district and have
represented us well for years. Maybe the Tigers can overcome the drought with this current group of kids which is the best they've had in years
24 hours until kick off! I can't wait!!!
Orange Blaze Wrote:Normally I would say their visiting stands have a reasonable amount of seating. This week I'm not sure. I'm sure the Paintsville fans will travel well this week as it it the first district game. This week is also Raceland's open week and I suspect a lot of Raceland fans will be there since Westwood is only a few minutes away from Raceland. I should also warn you that the parking at Fairview is not very good either. I would suggest you get there around 6:00 if you want to get a decent parking spot and secure a place to sit.
parking problem? there is a 5 acre field next to stadium. also gravel parking up front. geez that sure is something to complain about. never once had a problem getting in or out in a long time. go eagles!!
scrappy coco Wrote:parking problem? there is a 5 acre field next to stadium. also gravel parking up front. geez that sure is something to complain about. never once had a problem getting in or out in a long time. go eagles!!

I wasn't complaining in my original post, I was just letting him know that the parking isn't very good. Yes you have a large field but everytime I have ever been there I am worried about tearing up the suspension on my car because of the dips and roots in the field. It also isn't a very pleasant walk through that field if it has rained recently and my car has also gotten stuck in the mud before when it has rained. As far as the gravel parking lot goes, you can't get in there unless you get there really early. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I was just providing some information to someone who has never been there before.
Thanks for parking and seating info.
Ok I'll leave the paper tiger fans alone , it as fun for a while .. 80% chance of rain tonight gives fairview 20% chance of winning if fairview gets out to a good start they will keep it close of a half if they don't it's over before half . Paper tigers 35 fairview 20
Is it bad that this Ram fan wants fairview to win?
Paintsville with another statement win for the non believers. Good luck to Coach Chirico and the Tigers.

Paintsville 49
Fairview 20
Only one in state school has held Paintsville below 300 yards rush in a game. Bad weather or a sloppy field favors Paintsville, and Fairview relying heavily on the pass for their offense. I just don't see them having a strong enough rushing attack to keep Paintsvilles offense off the field with long sustained drives if this is a muddy field game. Tigers likely roll in this one, but a fairly low scoring game if field conditions worsen. I would say a score of about 35-14 is likely.
How many of the teams Paintsville had over 300 yards rushing on held any other team they played under 300 ?
Fairview field is far from sloppy. forecast does call for some scattered severe storms most of which will be out of westwood by kickoff! mostly cloudy with a big chance of "AIR RAID". last years game rained the whole time in Paintsville and the tigers won by 8 points. I know tigers are a different team but not that much, mostly the same key players. Fairview on the other hand is deeper and has more experience this year. I look for the eagles to get the senior night stuff over with on lock in and focus on kash&co. they will be ready that's for sure. some adjustments on defense and the eagles stay in this one again and pull out the "W" in westwood
Check the stats on KHSAA. They will tell you all you need to know.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:How many of the teams Paintsville had over 300 yards rushing on held any other team they played under 300 ?
Based on KHSAA reported records, the only ones I find that allowed 300 yards to any other opponent over the season so far has been Bourbon County and I think Sheldon Clark. But the other schools are not as diligent often times about reporting rush or pass yards allowed. So it's not like every team they've played has been totally porous against the run. For example, Pikeville has not given up more than 246 yards rushing in any game this year, and that was to Belfry.
scrappy coco Wrote:Fairview field is far from sloppy. forecast does call for some scattered severe storms most of which will be out of westwood by kickoff! mostly cloudy with a big chance of "AIR RAID". last years game rained the whole time in Paintsville and the tigers won by 8 points. I know tigers are a different team but not that much, mostly the same key players. Fairview on the other hand is deeper and has more experience this year. I look for the eagles to get the senior night stuff over with on lock in and focus on kash&co. they will be ready that's for sure. some adjustments on defense and the eagles stay in this one again and pull out the "W" in westwood
Don't misunderstand, please. I simply meant if the field gets sloppy from rain. All grass fields usually do if it rains hard. So I wasn't saying Fairviews field is bad or anything.
Rain or shine Tigers are ready to put it on the Eagles. Tiger invasion of Westwood in 8 hours!! HOORAW!!!
Tigers 57
Eagles 20
PHSForever Wrote:Based on KHSAA reported records, the only ones I find that allowed 300 yards to any other opponent over the season so far has been Bourbon County and I think Sheldon Clark. But the other schools are not as diligent often times about reporting rush or pass yards allowed. So it's not like every team they've played has been totally porous against the run. For example, Pikeville has not given up more than 246 yards rushing in any game this year, and that was to Belfry.
Thank you that's good information, also means Paintsville has a strong running attack
BigMelon63 Wrote:Rain or shine Tigers are ready to put it on the Eagles. Tiger invasion of Westwood in 8 hours!! HOORAW!!!
Tigers 57
Eagles 20
are you that full of yourself? Fairview 20 points at home? they are averaging over 40+ points a game at home!!:flame:
The Eagles haven't faced a defense at home like Paintsville's. I gave them 20 points for home field advantage. I've watched the film. I call it like I see it.
scrappy coco Wrote:are you that full of yourself? Fairview 20 points at home? they are averaging over 40+ points a game at home!!:flame:

Come on scrappy , you know that melon head thinks Paintsville is better than most college teams , they are the only team that works hard in the offseason or during the season they get up at 230am eat a bowl of nails practice till 8 then go to school and practice after that until midnight . Most Paintsville fans are realistic but not ole melon head
I may just whip Melon head in Paintsville when I get there on Oct. 23rd. how big a boy are ya?
Big enough. Come by my store. I ain't skeered!
"I'll be your huckleberry."
Doc Holliday 1800's