Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your favorite Sophomores out of the 15th Region
"King James" Wrote:I'm assuming that the "if he stays" is based on the rumor that some of the Paintsville players, namely Landon Slone, may end up at June Buchanon next year?

Ive heard that also, but not the Bundy kid, Ive been told him and his parents are wanting to go back to Central Kentucky. Alot of doors open there for them.
wes akers from south floyd is a good player he will be real good next year
"King James" Wrote:I'm assuming that the "if he stays" is based on the rumor that some of the Paintsville players, namely Landon Slone, may end up at June Buchanon next year?

Fill me in here...why would they go to JB???
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:The best sophmore player in the 15th is Landon Slone end of discussion. He is the backbone of possibly the best team in the region. JD Vanhoose is probabley the next best sophmore because he is a work horse for P'ville. He playis inside, outside. He rebounds, he helps handle. His play will go along way in determing how the Tigers' season ends. Crum from SC is another special sophmore, but is just below these two. He is as consitent as anyone can be from around 15ft and is possibly the most athletic of the three, but just lacks the size of the 2 previous mentioned. He plays a little out of control sometimes and has struggled to get his mind moving as fast as his body at times, but he is fun to watch. Plays extremley hard. Plays second fiddle and rightfully so to May, and given time will be a great ball player for SC.

I agree that Landon Slone and JD Vanhoose are great sophmore players, but there is no way you can say that Jayrd Crum is not at the same level as they are.You must have took a stupid pill before you wrote your post.He may not be 6'1 but what he lacks in size he makes up for in speed,shooting,and smarts!! Tell me a player that does not play out of control sometimes by taking a bad shot or trying to force a pass that is not there? You can't do it because every great player does! He may be second fiddle in your opinion ,but if he did not handle the ball and run the Cards offense and pose a threat to other teams who would? Everybody knows May can shoot but he lacks the ball handling skills and the quick thinking mind one must have to play at Jayrd's position. Matney's Prodigey needs to take a spelling course.Read his post and you will see that his mind must move slower than his fingers !!!!!!!! ( probabley,playis,consitent,extremely)
:lmao: Confusederved:
"cardsfan" Wrote:I agree that Landon Slone and JD Vanhoose are great sophmore players, but there is no way you can say that Jayrd Crum is not at the same level as they are.You must have took a stupid pill before you wrote your post.He may not be 6'1 but what he lacks in size he makes up for in speed,shooting,and smarts!! Tell me a player that does not play out of control sometimes by taking a bad shot or trying to force a pass that is not there? You can't do it because every great player does! He may be second fiddle in your opinion ,but if he did not handle the ball and run the Cards offense and pose a threat to other teams who would? Everybody knows May can shoot but he lacks the ball handling skills and the quick thinking mind one must have to play at Jayrd's position. Matney's Prodigey needs to take a spelling course.Read his post and you will see that his mind must move slower than his fingers !!!!!!!! ( probabley,playis,consitent,extremely)
:lmao: Confusederved:
I didn't say Crum was not on their level I said he was just below them. That means they are just playing better than Crum right now. Crum is a good ball player, I am pretty sure I said that. Just because I am not stuck up his ass (like you seem to be) does not mean he is any less of a player. He has had a great sophmore season, but you can not say he has had the season that Slone or Vanhoose has had. (Paintsville is 18-9 ; SC is 10-14) They have better stats and have been more consistent. They both also have a regional tournament apperance under their belts from last year where as Crum does not. He is a very good player or I wouldn't have included him in the post, but in everyones eyes he plays second fiddle to May. Crum lacks the size, strength, and physical presence to play May's spot so don't try to say that he could do what May does. May would have a much easier time playing at the point, since he sometimes plays wing any way, than Crum would have playing down low. Why did you even call me out on this post? It had nothing to do with you. You act like I talked about him being an awful ball player, when I didn't. I said he was one of the top 3 sophmores in the region. That is pretty good considering the company he is in. I'm not sure what your problem is, but you are showing your true character or should I say lack there of.
1.Landon Slone-Paintsville
2.JD VanHoose-Paintsville
3.Shane Grimm-Paintsville
4.Jaryd Crum-Sheldon Clark
5.Tyler Hamilton-Pike Central
Wes Akers can drain the 3 probably as good as any other sophomore in the region.
Dustin May and Justin Steele from Belfry
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:I didn't say Crum was not on their level I said he was just below them. That means they are just playing better than Crum right now. Crum is a good ball player, I am pretty sure I said that. Just because I am not stuck up his ass (like you seem to be) does not mean he is any less of a player. He has had a great sophmore season, but you can not say he has had the season that Slone or Vanhoose has had. (Paintsville is 18-9 ; SC is 10-14) They have better stats and have been more consistent. They both also have a regional tournament apperance under their belts from last year where as Crum does not. He is a very good player or I wouldn't have included him in the post, but in everyones eyes he plays second fiddle to May. Crum lacks the size, strength, and physical presence to play May's spot so don't try to say that he could do what May does. May would have a much easier time playing at the point, since he sometimes plays wing any way, than Crum would have playing down low. Why did you even call me out on this post? It had nothing to do with you. You act like I talked about him being an awful ball player, when I didn't. I said he was one of the top 3 sophmores in the region. That is pretty good considering the company he is in. I'm not sure what your problem is, but you are showing your true character or should I say lack there of.

You really need to get a life, you think cardsfan has his head stuck up Crum's
butt? From what I've read you sound like you have yours up May's. I think you are both right and wrong about some of the things you post. Jaryd will never get the chance to have the season that Slone or Vanhoose has had nor the regional tournament appearance as long as he is at S.C.. Their team will never be as good as Paintsville's either for the simple fact that J.R. is their coach and B.M.R is Paintsville's. As far as Crum playing second fiddle to May, he may just do that, but without Crum's ball-handling skills and his abilities to pass the ball,break the press and assist his teammates, May would have a rough road of it. It's not a "one man show" like some would want you to believe. As far as Crum's shortcomings that you may point out Matney's Prodigy, you will never find another player at that school that is more determined to train and improve himself than Jaryd Crum. I know when he reads this that he will be very hurt by some of your comments. Do you ever have a problem looking him in the eye going down the hallway at school. You may say that you are his buddy, but you have made some rather disrespectful comments about him bickering back and forth with cardsfan. Do you think that he really needs you to tell him who he plays second to? Brandon is a great ball player ,but just because he is a senior does not make it "his team" He has nothing else to prove, this is his final year. Crum has two more years of ball to go. I'm sure he could really care less about proving himself to you, but I know that he expects nothing than his best at every game and when he can't have that he still tries to improve.You will never find another player with more drive than Jaryd Crum!!! That's all I've got to say about that!
"brokencard" Wrote:You really need to get a life, you think cardsfan has his head stuck up Crum's
butt? From what I've read you sound like you have yours up May's. I think you are both right and wrong about some of the things you post. Jaryd will never get the chance to have the season that Slone or Vanhoose has had nor the regional tournament appearance as long as he is at S.C.. Their team will never be as good as Paintsville's either for the simple fact that J.R. is their coach and B.M.R is Paintsville's. As far as Crum playing second fiddle to May, he may just do that, but without Crum's ball-handling skills and his abilities to pass the ball,break the press and assist his teammates, May would have a rough road of it. It's not a "one man show" like some would want you to believe. As far as Crum's shortcomings that you may point out Matney's Prodigy, you will never find another player at that school that is more determined to train and improve himself than Jaryd Crum. I know when he reads this that he will be very hurt by some of your comments. Do you ever have a problem looking him in the eye going down the hallway at school. You may say that you are his buddy, but you have made some rather disrespectful comments about him bickering back and forth with cardsfan. Do you think that he really needs you to tell him who he plays second to? Brandon is a great ball player ,but just because he is a senior does not make it "his team" He has nothing else to prove, this is his final year. Crum has two more years of ball to go. I'm sure he could really care less about proving himself to you, but I know that he expects nothing than his best at every game and when he can't have that he still tries to improve.You will never find another player with more drive than Jaryd Crum!!! That's all I've got to say about that!

Im sorry but your wrong about that. He may read this stuff but i find it hard to beleive that matineys prodigey said anything about jaryd that would hurt him. Seriously you are blowing this way out of proportion.

And yes it is Brandon May's team. Hes played varsity ball for 5 years and has earned the title. Jaryd realizes that and he does play second fiddle to him. Next years team will no doubt be Jaryds team, but not this year, and he knows that, and he understands that. Calm down dude.
"brokencard" Wrote:You really need to get a life, you think cardsfan has his head stuck up Crum's

What is wrong with you people? I said I thought Crum was a good ball player. I was not speaking to him in the first place. Crum is a great kid and ball player. They don't make better people than Crum. Crum has a great drive and great future, I was only defending my post. Why you and cardsfan are singling me out I don't know. Everyone has faults that is how players become better. You point out the things an individual does weaker than others and you improve on it. I meant no disrespect to Crum because he is going to be possibly the best PG to ever have come out of SC. I'm done with this. I have done nothing wrong and am sick of you and cardsfan trying to make me out as the bad guy.
"corndog23" Wrote:Im sorry but your wrong about that. He may read this stuff but i find it hard to beleive that matineys prodigey said anything about jaryd that would hurt him. Seriously you are blowing this way out of proportion.

And yes it is Brandon May's team. Hes played varsity ball for 5 years and has earned the title. Jaryd realizes that and he does play second fiddle to him. Next years team will no doubt be Jaryds team, but not this year, and he knows that, and he understands that. Calm down dude.

Thank you. At least somebody understands what I am saying.
Thank you brokencard for that insight and post.I was just simply saying that Jaryd Crum is as good as Slone or Vanhoose.He is a super player with a bright future.Some people submit post on here to start stuff.We all know that May has been a outstanding player and has earned everything he has gotten,but Jayrd also earns everything he deserves.It's a shame that you know who wants to take cheap shots at certain players on Sheldon Clarks team.He really needs to take a long look in the mirror!! I don't know why I even respond to any of his :lame: post. Best wishes to the Cards in the district tourney!!!! :Cheerlead
"cardsfan" Wrote:Thank you brokencard for that insight and post.I was just simply saying that Jaryd Crum is as good as Slone or Vanhoose.He is a super player with a bright future.Some people submit post on here to start stuff.We all know that May has been a outstanding player and has earned everything he has gotten,but Jayrd also earns everything he deserves.It's a shame that you know who wants to take cheap shots at certain players on Sheldon Clarks team.He really needs to take a long look in the mirror!! I don't know why I even respond to any of his :lame: post. Best wishes to the Cards in the district tourney!!!! :Cheerlead

There was absolutely nothing:lame: about his post! It was not a cheap shot at crum!! you are WAY too sensitive. i dont even know what your being sensitive about!! Landon Slone and JD Vanhoose are having a better year then crum right now. The record speaks for itself. Dont get your panties in a bunch over factual statement such as that one.
I also like Hensley from Sheldon Clark. He is a great rebounder adn tough defender. Paintsville def has the best sophomore class. But Spud is my hero Wink Go Jaryd
Landon Slone
Tyler Hunley from Magoffin
Spud's the man, I love the kid and he knows that. Matney didn't say anything bad about spud he just thinks that Landon and JD are better. I personally thought that Charlie Hunt was the best soph in the region before his accident followed by Slone then Spud but that's not talking bad about him. I'm pretty sure his Pops agrees with me. Heck, I taught May how to play but Lowe is having a better year than him and I'll be the first to give him the credit for it. I think Jaryd will be the best pg to ever play at SC and he is a huge key to SC's success but he knows it's Brandon's team this year. If SC is to have any chance to advance to the region though Spud and Brandon need to play well. I just think we should cheer these kids on and support them as long as their giving the effort to win. This he said ,she said stuff is just opinions and shouldn't be taken to heart by anyone. Spud is very self critical and I doubt anything said on here gets under his skin. If it does it shouldn't, he is a great player and one of my favorite people in the world. Nothing but love for ya kid and keep your head up.
"corndog23" Wrote:There was absolutely nothing:lame: about his post! It was not a cheap shot at crum!! you are WAY too sensitive. i dont even know what your being sensitive about!! Landon Slone and JD Vanhoose are having a better year then crum right now. The record speaks for itself. Dont get your panties in a bunch over factual statement such as that one.

Hey corndog23 I'm not being way to sensitive.I am just giving my opinion and thats all there is to it.As far as May goes this is his team and I didn't say it was not.Crum however is Imo right there on the same level as Slone and Vanhoose
as far as shooting goes. Slone is shooting 38% from 3-pt land.Vanhoose is shooting 33% from 3-pt land.Crum is shooting 38% from 3-pt land.I researched this and therefore instead of just talking the talk I'm also walking the walk.Slone and Vanhoose has a slight freethrow advantage.So you and Matney's Prodigey can say he is just below the other two, but like you said the record speaks for itself!!! I know for a fact he is also the better ball handler and faster of the three on the court because I have watched them all play several times this season.The only way you two are coming up with your facts is on the win to loss column for each team!!! :Thumbs:
"cardsfan" Wrote:Hey corndog23 I'm not being way to sensitive.I am just giving my opinion and thats all there is to it.As far as May goes this is his team and I didn't say it was not.Crum however is Imo right there on the same level as Slone and Vanhoose
as far as shooting goes. Slone is shooting 38% from 3-pt land.Vanhoose is shooting 33% from 3-pt land.Crum is shooting 38% from 3-pt land.I researched this and therefore instead of just talking the talk I'm also walking the walk.Slone and Vanhoose has a slight freethrow advantage.So you and Matney's Prodigey can say he is just below the other two, but like you said the record speaks for itself!!! I know for a fact he is also the better ball handler and faster of the three on the court because I have watched them all play several times this season.The only way you two are coming up with your facts is on the win to loss column for each team!!! :Thumbs:

You can show me 3 point and free throw percentage, but what about rebounds?? JD is the big man on that team. And landon can post as well. Bottom line is 3 point percentage doesnt tell me anything. theres more aspects of the game, and i think RIGHT NOW JD and Landon are just above Spud. Just barely. I am not trying to rag on him or anything like that. Me and Spud are buddys. Heck he used to be my neighbor. But i dont know how he can still play ball with your head up is butt.
Mark Bartley for ER
Is "Spud" a sophomore or a senior? I thought he was a sophomore but I overheard someone last night saying he was a senior.
Tim Honaker from Pikeville. Huge game in the district win over East Ridge!!
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Is "Spud" a sophomore or a senior? I thought he was a sophomore but I overheard someone last night saying he was a senior.

Spud is only a sophomore!!!! He is one the best PG in the 15th and his dedication and talent are outstanding.He really needs to get a coach who can motivate his team like he is!! I wish he would transfer somewhere so he would have shot at playing in the Regional tourney and maybe even in the State tourney!!! He would make a super player for JC at this position and would complete them as a team.BMR could also use him to complete his team and free up Landon to do what he does best and shoot the ball.IMO if Spud stays at SCHS he will be the best player on the worst team and due to the coaching never develop his talent as a basketball player.He has so much more talent that needs to be brought out!!!!
"Spud" is what everyone calls Jaryd Crum right?
"ouhs#4" Wrote:Mark Bartley for ER
Mark Bartley is a very talented ballplayer, he is very quick and very agressive, however he is not very consistent he plays great one game and not so great in another game and he makes a lot of mistakes, he can't play well under pressure either. If this young man could learn to be more consistent and in better control he will be one of the best come his senior year, but right now he still has a lot of learning to do.
My pick for favorite sop. would have to Jacob Bryant from Valley.
SC has a great sophomore class
Colby Slone and Tyler Hamilton
:theman: -*Central*-
bobby hughes and jordan hall are my fav sophomores in the 15th
Bobby Hughes and Jordan Hall for the Blackcats