Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pick your favorite Sophomores out of the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who are the favorite sophomores in the 15th Region? By this I mean the ones who are going to be big contributors to their teams next season and the season's following. Please give position played and where they play if possible.

Please be nice. This is an opinion....just because you may not agree with a person's picks it is their right to pick who they want to pick....
Of course I'm going to be a homer and pick the 5 from Paintsville... Landon Slone (SG), Shane Grimm (F), J.D. VanHoose (SG/F), Blake Bundy(PG), and Jeremy Pack(SG) ... but some names to remember are Travis Ison (F), Daniel Meade (SG) (who has the sweetest shot ever) and Justin Stafford ©... aside from the well knowns these guys will make an impact...

but also if you mean Frosh who are going to be Sophomores Zac Hughes (G), Andy Penix(G), and Zac Vialpondo (G)
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:Of course I'm going to be a homer and pick the 5 from Paintsville... Landon Slone (SG), Shane Grimm (F), J.D. VanHoose (SG/F), Blake Bundy(PG), and Jeremy Pack(SG) ... but some names to remember are Travis Ison (F), Daniel Meade (SG) (who has the sweetest shot ever) and Justin Stafford ©... aside from the well knowns these guys will make an impact...

but also if you mean Frosh who are going to be Sophomores Zac Hughes (G), Andy Penix(G), and Zac Vialpondo (G)

What?? no Jaryd "Spud" Crum from SCHS?
"corndog23" Wrote:What?? no Jaryd "Spud" Crum from SCHS?
he's just a sophomore... i didn't know that... definately then... he is really good... I marvel at what he can do everytime we play SC
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:he's just a sophomore... i didn't know that... definately then... he is really good... I marvel at what he can do everytime we play SC

yes its hard to beleive he is only a sophomore. He will be something when he is a senior.
Mark Bartley from ER, Slone, Grimm, and Vanhoose from Paintsville, and a couple others.
Mark Bartley, Landon Slone, Shane Grimm, and J.D. VanHoose
slone and VanHoose from P-ville Murrary from JC and the Honakers from Pikeville
I like wes akers from sf.....
Mark Bartley
Mark Bartley - ER
Slone, Vanhoose and Akers.
Mark Bartley
Vanhoose
Bundey
Slone
Tyler hunley from magoffin. Great pg can drive extremley good and pass excellent.
Wow how could no one mention B. Hughes or J. Hall fomr pburg, they have come off the bench numerous times and gave pburg juss the spark they needed. Hughes had 13 points of the bench tonite for the blackctas againt pville.
I guess because they dont match up to the others.
Michael Rowe and Mark Bartley at ER
Dustin May...Belfry
Paintsville's Sophmore's
Bobby Hughes, Jordon Hall from Prestonsburg
Honaker's from Pikeville !!!!
Jacob Bryant for Shelby Valley.
Mike Rowe
Mark Bartley
TongueoliceLig for ER
Wow....still nobody showing love for my boy Jaryd "Spud" Crum...
Alec Hammonds from AC
Wes Akers from SF
Akers from SF
i agree w/ u #4 and Ace.. wes has alot of potential and will be very good next year!
Landon Slone Mark Bartley Jacob Bryant Tim Honaker JD Vanhoose that is my starting 5.
"#_4" Wrote:Wes Akers from SF

I'd have to agree with all who have given shout outs to Wes Akers. He will be a huge contributor to his team next year. I have seen this boy play...take one step across the half court and launch that bad boy and not even come close to missing it. He didn't just do that once in the game but like 5 trips down the floor he did that. I just sat there in amazement that anyone could hit that 3 from that distance.

Other picks that I have whom I believe will contribute huge to their teams next year are:

Hughes -- Prestonsburg
Blankenship -- Central
Reno -- Central
Turner -- Central
Lafferty -- Betsy Layne
Slone -- Paintsville (if he stays)
Bundy -- Paintsville (if he stays)
Hamilton -- PCC
Honakers -- Pikeville
that kid from SC I can't remember his name (anyone know who I'm talking about? I dont' even remember his number. I just know that he is a great little ball player

There are probably others that I will think of later that I can't seem to think of at the moment.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
I'm assuming that the "if he stays" is based on the rumor that some of the Paintsville players, namely Landon Slone, may end up at June Buchanon next year?
The best sophmore player in the 15th is Landon Slone end of discussion. He is the backbone of possibly the best team in the region. JD Vanhoose is probabley the next best sophmore because he is a work horse for P'ville. He playis inside, outside. He rebounds, he helps handle. His play will go along way in determing how the Tigers' season ends. Crum from SC is another special sophmore, but is just below these two. He is as consitent as anyone can be from around 15ft and is possibly the most athletic of the three, but just lacks the size of the 2 previous mentioned. He plays a little out of control sometimes and has struggled to get his mind moving as fast as his body at times, but he is fun to watch. Plays extremley hard. Plays second fiddle and rightfully so to May, and given time will be a great ball player for SC.
Pages: 1 2 3