Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Fan's Guide to Surviving at Belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Heard breaking news that Pikeville has asked the KHSAA to play the rest of the year in 2A.

Apparently since the Panthers have more Prestonsburg kids on their roster than the Blackcats they are requesting to trade spots and uniforms and have the easier path to the Semi's

Wasn't that a former player from Prestonsburg that ran the kickoff back 99 yards during pikevilles game with prestonsburg?!! He was probably thinking Prestonsburg coaching staff may throw weights at him if he didn't hurry down the field!!!
wait....did Wideright just put Belfry in the same tier as Highlands?

"Belfry losing to Pikeville would be like Highlands losing to NCC. It wouldn't and shouldn't happen."

"Belfry losing to Pikeville would be like Highlands losing to NCC."

"Belfry losing would be like Highlands losing "

"Belfry like Highlands"

You saw it here first folks, Wideright feels Belfry is LIKE Highlands. I guess Killbilly was wrong since the Pirates have already reached the likes of Highlands and Trinity.
TongueirateSho Confusednicker:
AtlPirateFan Wrote:wait....did Wideright just put Belfry in the same tier as Highlands?

"Belfry losing to Pikeville would be like Highlands losing to NCC. It wouldn't and shouldn't happen."

"Belfry losing to Pikeville would be like Highlands losing to NCC."

"Belfry losing would be like Highlands losing "

"Belfry like Highlands"

You saw it here first folks, Wideright feels Belfry is LIKE Highlands. I guess Killbilly was wrong since the Pirates have already reached the likes of Highlands and Trinity.
TongueirateSho Confusednicker:

Put together a dynasty like Highlands has in recent years and you might be on the same level. And win about 20 more titles.

0-5 so far this decade...
jetpilot Wrote:9) If you want to protect your investment in your beater (after all, there will be another game against Belfry at CAM in two short years unless they are annexed by Mingo Central), or your real vehicle if you are brave enough to bring it, you can do a few things to make it blend in with the locals. WV license plate, fuzzy dice, a Food City bag full of clothes in the back window and the skull in the back window whose eyes light up red when you hit the brake (my personal favorite). And a new one I'm bringing out this year, the Hillary '16 bumper sticker.

Hillary '16?? That's a low blow... This was supposed to be fun. Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Actually they wanted to be in 3A since they were clearly the best team in that class last year.

Well, the best team in Class AAA won the title. Where was Pikeville after their playoff loss to Paintsville?? HOMEConfusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Don't knock it. Big provider of jobs for Belfry grads.:Thumbs:

Most all of Pikeville is a big provider of jobs for Belfry grads. Heck we bout run the whole dang county. I'd say a big chunk of Pikeville independent school system is consisted of Belfry grads. Sheriff, Jailer, Judges, engineers, doctors, coal operators, half of PMC 's employees are Belfry grads. Basically we run pikeville and allow you all to dwell over there. That's the thing about Belfry people, we don't care to work and get our hands dirty. You all are like a subsidiary of Belfry. We might as well just name the county Pond Creek since we run it all.
Crossbones Wrote:Most all of Pikeville is a big provider of jobs for Belfry grads. Heck we bout run the whole dang county. I'd say a big chunk of Pikeville independent school system is consisted of Belfry grads. Sheriff, Jailer, Judges, engineers, doctors, coal operators, half of PMC 's employees are Belfry grads. Basically we run pikeville and allow you all to dwell over there. That's the thing about Belfry people, we don't care to work and get our hands dirty. You all are like a subsidiary of Belfry. We might as well just name the county Pond Creek since we run it all.

haha Belfry runs Pikeville and lets us live here. Confusednicker: Best post ever. Actually Williamson owns Belfry. :lmao:
jetpilot Wrote:haha Belfry runs Pikeville and lets us live here. Confusednicker: Best post ever. Actually Williamson owns Belfry. :lmao:

I thought you might like that...we own Williamson to. :biggrin::1:
^no doubt Belfry money keeps Williamson alive lol!!!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Jetpilot poking the bear!

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=98
jetpilot Wrote:^no doubt Belfry money keeps Williamson alive lol!!!

Money and trophies...the only thing keeping Pike and Mingo counties going. All coming from Belfry. :biggrin:
We killed Williamson. It didn't die. Lol.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I just hope we don't get caught looking ahead to in-state powerhouse Cabell Midland in two weeks Smile

:thatsfunn
jetpilot Wrote:Actually they wanted to be in 3A since they were clearly the best team in that class last year.

First time ive agreed with you. I consider Pikeville the 2014 class 3a champs. No school should ever lose to another 2 classes down.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I just hope we don't get caught looking ahead to in-state powerhouse Cabell Midland in two weeks Smile

Seen the rankings in the Charleston Post. Cabell Midland was ranked 5th , but they will kill Belfry as they had yall ranked 24th in West Virginia.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Seen the rankings in the Charleston Post. Cabell Midland was ranked 5th , but they will kill Belfry as they had yall ranked 24th in West Virginia.

On a side note since you mentioned them Cabell Midland is now #1.

They just defeated 3A Defending State Champs Capital last week.

http://wvhuddle.com/news/251/gazette-mai...ot-in-aaa/

I definitely am seeing Belfry take a "L" that game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note since you mentioned them Cabell Midland is now #1.

Obviously it can happen, but it's not a given by any means. Pikeville went over and crushed Bluefield one year when Bluefield was #1. Different brand of football. Belfry gives them all sorts of problems.
jetpilot Wrote:Obviously it can happen, but it's not a given by any means. Pikeville went over and crushed Bluefield one year when Bluefield was #1.

It's a little tougher with their big schools.

Cabell Midland is the number 1 overall team in WV...but in Kentucky they would compare more to a Simon Kenton.

Traditionally speaking the the best team in WV would get crushed by the Top 3 or 4 teams in Kentucky.

If Belfry played Male, Male would put a running clock on Belfry.

I am thinking Cabell Midland will probably be a 14-17 point favorite against Belfry right now.
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, the best team in Class AAA won the title. Where was Pikeville after their playoff loss to Paintsville?? HOMEConfusedhh:

We wanted to get an early start on our 3a state championship repeat.😁
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note since you mentioned them Cabell Midland is now #1.

I too see this as a tough game for the Pirates and an L is likely. I also think Knox Cath will be a heck of a game and a tough win. The Pirates really only have two gimme games left on the schedule with Pike Central and Sheldon Clark. Everyone else on the schedule have the potential to put a check in the L column, of course with LC being the long shot of that group. Also it may seem odd but I hope one of them not named Pikeville does give them a loss. I don't like undefeated seasons and would much rather the gut check come in the regular season than the playoffs.
Since Granny Bear is going to keep an eye on this thread, I will continue. Teaser - Belfry fans will be happy when I get to #1.

7) When exiting your vehicle, lock any valuables in your trunk. Be sure to park facing toward Pikeville in case you have to leave "in a hurry.":bigeyed:
6) Wear something other than your school's gear. UK stuff works pretty well. Don't get too cute though and wear Belfry garb or anything red or Belfry fans will try to talk to you, and that's even worse than an ass-beating.
jetpilot Wrote:6) Wear something other than your school's gear. UK stuff works pretty well. Don't get too cute though and wear Belfry garb or anything red or Belfry fans will try to talk to you, and that's even worse than an ass-beating.

What about camouflage or the hunter orange stuff?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What about camouflage or the hunter orange stuff?

Good tip! Where can you get that stuff?
jetpilot Wrote:6) Wear something other than your school's gear. UK stuff works pretty well. Don't get too cute though and wear Belfry garb or anything red or Belfry fans will try to talk to you, and that's even worse than an ass-beating.

Agree!! It's hard to talk to or take someone serious when they have tobacco juice running down there chin!!!lol
5) Be able to have an intelligent conversation about WVU and Marshall football. Reciting lines from We Are Marshall gets you bonus points.
My favorite thing about Southern WV for the record:

Agree 100% with the conservative platform, Pro-Coal, hates political corruption, even voted against Obama in 2008.... Yet...

Vote democrat for every local elected official or Senate/Governor race
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My favorite thing about Southern WV for the record:

Agree 100% with the conservative platform, Pro-Coal, hates political corruption, even voted against Obama in 2008.... Yet...

Vote democrat for every local elected official or Senate/Governor race

Actually there is a lot of that in Pikeville as well. I know plenty of people who voted for Obama who are as conservative as the day is long...Democrats vote for the Democrat 99% of the time. Watch them line up to vote for Hillary next year.:truestory:
4) Don't be alarmed when you see the officiating crew all arrive in Belfry jackets.
3) Don't yell at the refs or chain crew when your team goes for it on 4th and 1, gains 3 yards, then the measurement is short. These guys are only human.