•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 2015
nekysportsfan Wrote:If Ashland can't hang with Johnson Central this year, then they may never be capable of doing so again. Ashland has the best player on the field and several other good athletes surrounding him. This season is going to say a lot about the Ashland coaches. Did they build a line in the offseason? Can they come up with an offensive scheme to utilize the weapons they've got? Can they put the right pieces in place on defense to slow anyone down? I think they have the bodies available to do all of these things. We shall see, though.

They need variety on offense. Last year it was Baker, off tackle to bounce it outside at the 2nd level. Baker off tackle the other way off tackle to bounce it outside at the 2nd level. Jet sweep Baker. Screen to Long...rinse and repeat. They need to utilize Goble and the QB more this year. They have to have methodical, organized, consistent drives to beat the better teams.

Last year, against Raceland, Johnson Central, and Highlands, they didn't do that. All they had was the homerun. Against Russell, they were a bit more decisive in their play calling and imo, played one of their better games of the season. Against Raceland, their numbers and the long runs from Baker, broke the Rams in the end, but Raceland still was in striking distance to win the ball game. Johnson Central OWNED the LOS last year and was too quick defensively on the edge. Against Highlands, they had some constistency running the ball, but you have to keep teams like the Bluebirds and Eagles OFFENSES OFF THE FIELD, they will control the clock and play the time game. there's nothing you can do about it.

Ashland needs more consistency in their offense.
In order to beat good teams they have to have a consistent threat other than Baker, preferably establishing the fullback or a threat of a passing game that doesn't target Baker. You can beat bad teams by getting the ball to athletes and eventually they'll bust a big one, but in order to beat good teams you need multiple methods of attack. This year I think Ashland has multiple weapons but we'll see if they have the patience to utilize them.
No doubt Ashland has the talent to play with and beat anybody on their schedule. Like what I've seen at practice with the coaches and players. Have to put the right schemes in place to make your players successful. Can't wait for the season to start Ashland Raceland- Russell-Geeenup- Ashland Russell- Russell Raceland - Ashland Ironton - Russell Ironton should all be great games for the fans this season. A lot of good football should be played in the tri-state area.
Has ashland named our qb yet for the opening game? Or will they make the decision after the scrimmages?
How did ashland do against Spring Valley in their scrimmage today?
tomcats look pretty good this morning vs spring valley (wv). baker with a pick six. and a few good hits by obyran. d line looks pretty tuff. chase goble also looked good at lb
Didn't get to go heard they looked great. Bring on some football.
TOMCATPRIDE90 Wrote:Has ashland named our qb yet for the opening game? Or will they make the decision after the scrimmages?

Guessing Dowdy gets the start but Roberts will get time too.
Final score Ashland 28 Spring Valley 0
How'd Ratliff look? Did he take many snaps?
Baker got only a few snaps took multiply players to take him down. Man among boys. Brown was extremely impressive as well. Didn't hear on Ratliff but he is the starting JV QB.
Did we have any type of passing game? Good to hear about Baker. I saw on the news the other night that Spring Valley was down this year, not to take anything away from Ashland, but who's their next scrimmage against? I've heard there was some confusion on their next opponent.
Their done no more scrimmages and yea Ashland was mixing it up working on passing!!
Baker didn't play a snap of offense.
washed up Wrote:Baker didn't play a snap of offense.

Really??? I wasn't able to go, but I thought they'd use him a bit. If I were Spring Valley I'd be a little upset. As a coach, I want to play your best. I understand not giving him the ball every down, but how am I to evaluate my players if we aren't seeing the best you've got. JMHO.
Ashland the new fairview ??? Kid gets arrested on sat and plays the following sat , and it's not like this kid never been in trouble . I thought Ashland had more class
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ashland the new fairview ??? Kid gets arrested on sat and plays the following sat , and it's not like this kid never been in trouble . I thought Ashland had more class

Confusedtare:
Ashland doesn't play next Saturday I will say there are bigger issues that need addressed than who plays quarterback for this team to be their best.
washed up Wrote:Ashland doesn't play next Saturday I will say there are bigger issues that need addressed than who plays quarterback for this team to be their best.

Ok, now I'm really interested... Somebody fill me in. :popcorn:
They don't play their first game til the 28th.
Player from fairview now at Ashland got arrested not to long ago , this kid has a long long long history of trouble but he still played yesterday in their scrimmage . Message Ashland is sending is that they don't care what players do as long as they can play football
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ashland the new fairview ??? Kid gets arrested on sat and plays the following sat , and it's not like this kid never been in trouble . I thought Ashland had more class

No team has class when it comes to winning. Raceland would be gladly playing whoever showed up to help them win. Besides, I don't think the player from Fairview was arrested last Saturday. I believe that was a long time ago and he has sat out of sports for a year or more.
nekysportsfan Wrote:No team has class when it comes to winning. Raceland would be gladly playing whoever showed up to help them win. Besides, I don't think the player from Fairview was arrested last Saturday. I believe that was a long time ago and he has sat out of sports for a year or more.

I don't care what you believe it was last weekend facts are facts and yes he was arrested last year as well
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I don't care what you believe it was last weekend facts are facts and yes he was arrested last year as well

I'm surprised he is playing if he was arrested again. If so, though, I guess it goes back to the first part of what I said. Raceland would play anyone who would help them win, too, so don't cast stones when you live in a glass house.

You have no idea what your talking about. The kid was not arrested last Saturday. The trouble he got into was a long time ago. The kid is trying to learn from his mistakes and be a better person. The classless thing to do is to wash your hands of a child because they made a mistake or to just spout off about rumors you hear about a kid and don't bother to get facts.
tomcat4life Wrote:You have no idea what your talking about. The kid was not arrested last Saturday. The trouble he got into was a long time ago. The kid is trying to learn from his mistakes and be a better person. The classless thing to do is to wash your hands of a child because they made a mistake or to just spout off about rumors you hear about a kid and don't bother to get facts.

I know exactly what I'm taking about , u might wanna check it out before running your pie hole .. And look Ashland is the new fairview they give kids second and third chances that's exactly what fairview said right before the shit hit the fan ..
Was he arrested in another state?
have not herd of another arrest. but it was multiple kids also
id be more worried about your star getting in fights on other teams sidelines he had no business being on
So if he was arrested Saturday, being 17 years old he would be placed in the regional Juvenal detention center. Being placed in juvey he would not be able to see juvey officer till Monday after noon. Seeing how he has been in trouble before he wouldn't be released till he goes before the judge. Juvenal cases are on Thursday mornings if the docket isn't too full. And being on probation he would have to serve out his remaining time so he would still be in jail. But he has missed no practice. And as you pointed out he was at the scrimmage not in jail. How could he be in two places at once. So unless you are the arresting officer and are willing to prove your accusations then you have no idea what your talking about.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next