Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Why not go ahead and get the conversation going?
What does Ashland return on the line? The backfield returning is legit. I think their season will depend on how Prince develops as a passer. I would think with his speed, Long would be a great asset at WR or in the slot. Ashland needs to develope an intermediate passing game to get him into space and 1 on 1 situations.
A little birdie told me Long may not be returning to Ashland in 2015.
well. wonder where he woukd be headed
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:well. wonder where he woukd be headed

From what I hear maybe the Columbus area. None of this is set in stone, however. Just the word on the rumor mill.
He posted this yesterday on his twitter so I guess it must be true.

"To everyone wondering if the rumors are true about me moving.. Yes, tomorrow is my last day.. I'll be leaving before 3rd period. It's nothing against Ashland. It's nothing against coaches. It's nothing against anyone. My mom got a promotion in Columbus and I think it'll be best for me to get use to life in the city. I love everyone who supported me and thank you for everything!"

He also said:

"Last day of ashland was bitter sweet.. I'll see everyone again soon. I love all of you all. Now it's a new beginning at Hamilton."
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What does Ashland return on the line? The backfield returning is legit. I think their season will depend on how Prince develops as a passer. I would think with his speed, Long would be a great asset at WR or in the slot. Ashland needs to develope an intermediate passing game to get him into space and 1 on 1 situations.

Prince is a senior.
I think Ashland has some pieces in place to be very successful, but they seemed to have some serious playcalling issues on the offensive side of the ball last season.
Nice to see the kid take action to dispurse rumors and drama. Good luck to him.
washed up Wrote:Prince is a senior.

who will take over?
That's a good question. Some say that O'Brian will take the snaps, but I know for a fact they won't let him play defense if he gets the starting QB job.
If they let him take snaps and not play defense that is a mistake in my opinion.
You are correct. The offered him the spot this year and he declined. I'm not sure what they will do. Dowdy may have to be ready for the starting job. I just hope his dad does a little better play calling for him.
Did he decline becuase he would play O only?
Yes. He wants to play defense. That's where he excels.
Do you think this was in the best interest of the team?
I'm not sure. He was used on offense at the tight end position. Remember, he was one of the biggest lineman we had, he did well there blocking for Long, Baker and Prince. To be honest, I don't know what the answer would have been this year. Whoever plays the position needs to be able to spread the ball around. We were so one demential this year, teams would just load the box and dare us to throw. There has to be a balance, whatever the case.
It will be interesting to see what develops. They have played him at TE, MLB, DE, and now possibly QB? I think he took some snaps as a sophomore and threw it well.
That's what I've heard. does any one know who's in the pipeline for the QB position? Other than O'Brian.
Dowdy, Roberts, the 8th grade QB has good size and arm, Will Adkins. Not sure he would be ready for varsity play, but he has a chance to be a good one.
I saw the Roberts kid at running back this year. Would he be a better QB than RB? How's the Dowdy kid? I've heard of the 8th grader, saw where he went to Payton Manning's camp.
taking obrien out of his LB spot would be a huge mistake
Yustacould Wrote:I saw the Roberts kid at running back this year. Would he be a better QB than RB? How's the Dowdy kid? I've heard of the 8th grader, saw where he went to Payton Manning's camp.

Dowdy need to get stronger. He plays basketball so that takes away from his weight room time til March. Roberts is very athletic that is about all I know. He split time with Dowdy over the last few years at different levels. The job is up for grabs and no matter what the choice is there will be naysayers. The coaches cant second guess themselves, come up with a plan and go with it and dont look back. I can just about guarantee that whoever it is will be able to suck up the linebackers with the play action.
Roberts or Dowdy at QB. Kourtlin Brown in for Long? O'Byran will play D wherever they need him. Must develop the Line.
We dont need Brown and the baggage.
Need new OC if they are going to make any noise next year! Too many very good athletes to use them the way he did this year! Terrible play calling in the one game I saw and the Ashland fans I sat with stated that was the way they play called all year (they were not happy at all with the way play calling was all year!).
Wont lay it all on him, he was somewhat limited in spots. I am disappointed that we were not a little more creative. However, I dont see the kids everyday and he does.
washed up Wrote:We dont need Brown and the baggage.
He is going to play somewhere next year. Kid screwed up but deserves a 2nd chance.
I don't have a problem with second chances, but too many times schools go all in on drifters. I dont believe there is any loyaly in these free agents. They play for the name on the back not the name on the front. Talented, yes. Bengals resume, yes. Fourth school in the last 6 or 7 years, yes. Second chance, sure. Does it have to be in Ashland, no.

As for the QB question, I just hope they dont choose a kid with throwing ability and give him 5 or 6 attempts per game.
O'Brian is a beast at LB. From the 2 games I watched he is a good tight end as well although I didn't see them use him much in the passing game. Did a great job blocking. Ashland has a bigger problem other than qb, their line has to get better or at least go to a different blocking scheme that can help Baker at least take the handoff without 3 guys hitting him. Maybe they are young up front I don't have that information but they certainly struggled. Baker is a weapon that can take any game over and he doesn't require much blocking but he does need to get the ball cleanly and be able to take a step.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7