Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Mayfield Cardinals Preview
55, I knew Trez didn't play, but who were the other 2 main weapons that didn't play?
I was referring to the 2 that played very limited time. That was Kennemore and Bright. I think Bright only played one series on offense. Kennemore not much more. Don't want them hurt.
Mayfield will be Mayfield. I expect they will be the champs of 2A. They could be competitive in 5A or 6A. I can't remember the last time they got spanked by another team. I've said it before, that little dynasty in the far reaches of Western Kentucky is pound for pound the best team in Kentucky almost every year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Not going to predict a record or how far they go in playoffs, but I can assure you the speed, and team I saw last night is far from mediocre.

send some of that speed my way.
adopted purple Wrote:Mayfield will be Mayfield. I expect they will be the champs of 2A. They could be competitive in 5A or 6A. I can't remember the last time they got spanked by another team. I've said it before, that little dynasty in the far reaches of Western Kentucky is pound for pound the best team in Kentucky almost every year.

I wouldn't go that far.. They could compete toe to toe up to maybe 4a, but, it'd be difficult after that, especially 6a.. I think they may could sneak into the Top 10 in 6a from time to time and maybe Top 5 in 5a occasionally, but, it'd be awfully difficult to match up with those big schools week in, week out, especially come playoff time, when you're going to face 3 or 4 really big powers in back to back to back weeks. May be a little too much to ask. In saying that, though, they'd still be a tough out in any class and you better strap em' up and be ready to play..
This thread needs to be at the top because that is where Mayfield Football belongs!!
loven_war Wrote:This thread needs to be at the top because that is where Mayfield Football belongs!!

:lolrage:
Well, now that meet the Cardinals night is over, it's time to start looking at our first opponent. While the Fort Campbell Falcons fly under the radar and you can't hardly tell what they have, this is what I have compiled. Last year of course this was a lopsided affair at War Memorial. This year the Falcons are without the services of 14 seniors from that 3-8 season last year. They have lost their 1,000 yard rusher in Christian Berry. They also have lost their qb, which threw for 864 yards on the season. I have no knowledge of any standouts that may have moved into the fort or have come up from the last years 8th grade team. I don't know about yall but I'm ready to skip to Friday and getting this season started.
Ft Campbell is always hard to gauge. I've seen years when they've dressed 70 players and would have a ton of great athletes and then other years they're lucky to dress 35 or 40 and really struggle.. They seem to be in one of those down cycles the past few years. I don't see them playing within 30 of the Cardinals this year. Could be worse.
I think the deployments are really hurting them. It's hard to get soldiers to volunteer to come here if there is a high likelyhood of getting deployed.
mediocre at best.Cardinals in a rout.
I forgot to share this on here until now. I apologize for not getting this out quicker. Friday at breakfast we were talking about this years team with a member of the coaching staff. He hit on a point that I cannot remember ever being the case in Mayfield Cardinal football. He informed us that we only have 2 starters going both ways this year. One of those being Trajon. They are doing everything possible to limit him on the defensive side and may eventually have him on just the offensive side. We also discussed the speed. In his opinion this may be the fastest team overall that we have had. Now, I know that is going to provoke some comments, so let me explain. We don't have that one kid with Xavier Shelton type speed but, as a team we are really fast at every position. Even our linemen are fast. Some of our linemen really would be backs at other schools. He also confirmed what I have been saying, we are deeper than I can remember as far back as 1995 when I got to start watching us again.