•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 2015
This will not be the year that Ashland beats JC. The JC team is far better this year than last year and could even be better next year.
Looking forward to watching the Tomcats play. Haven't seen them since they won state under Vic marsh back in the 90's.
Could someone post a roster for this years team?
TOMCATPRIDE90 Wrote:Could someone post a roster for this years team?

Best I can do is their program picture was taken today before they head to camp
You can view the roster at http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=46282
I was told by a relative of one of the assistant coaches (off the record, of course), that they are not very good. But, at least they won't get their usual humiliation from our Bluebirds this year.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I was told by a relative of one of the assistant coaches (off the record, of course), that they are not very good. But, at least they won't get their usual humiliation from our Bluebirds this year.

Let the sand bagging begin!! Ashland should be pretty good. Think they return a decent line if im not mistsken.
I was wondering what other playmakers do we have on offense other than baker? Hes going to have to have some help if we want to make a deep run in the playoffs this year.
I can't imagine Ashland not being very good this season. The addition of junior Kurtlen Brown alone should make an immediate impact. He was a stud running back as a freshman for Fairview capable of taking it to the house every time he touched the ball. They also added another good athlete in Jalen Thomas who played for Fairview 2 years ago as well. They've also added back a lineman from Ryle in Jackson Pruitt. Add those guys to a solid senior class of the Goble's, Broughton, O'Bryan, and of course Baker and I don't see any way they shouldn't compete pretty well this season.
Noah Roberts heck of an athlere too and kid from Paintsville that transferred hearing great things about him. Ashland has plenty of talent.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I can't imagine Ashland not being very good this season. The addition of junior Kurtlen Brown alone should make an immediate impact. He was a stud running back as a freshman for Fairview capable of taking it to the house every time he touched the ball. They also added another good athlete in Jalen Thomas who played for Fairview 2 years ago as well. They've also added back a lineman from Ryle in Jackson Pruitt. Add those guys to a solid senior class of the Goble's, Broughton, O'Bryan, and of course Baker and I don't see any way they shouldn't compete pretty well this season.

Brown and Baker will have speed to burn. Mu question is who will be that change of pace guy that can grind it out. Baker and Brown will have potential to break one off here and there and against the district opponents, minus JC, that will be enough. But against teams like Raceland, Ironton, and other teams they will see in the 4A playoffs that have good defenses that fly to the football, what will they be able to do other than screens and jet sweeps? How are the QBs looking? Ashland needs more than Baker and Brown. They need some versatility on offense.
Goble at FB will help along with Roberts at QB will get you the tough yards.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Brown and Baker will have speed to burn. Mu question is who will be that change of pace guy that can grind it out. Baker and Brown will have potential to break one off here and there and against the district opponents, minus JC, that will be enough. But against teams like Raceland, Ironton, and other teams they will see in the 4A playoffs that have good defenses that fly to the football, what will they be able to do other than screens and jet sweeps? How are the QBs looking? Ashland needs more than Baker and Brown. They need some versatility on offense.

Dowdy looks to be the favorite: junior, good speed and intelligence, just a little undersized for a qb position

Roberts just flat out looks good: junior, best athlete at the position, IMHO. great arm

Ryan still needs some work: sophomore, tall and can move well

Ratliff looks good: freshman, but 16, quick and has a good arm, has worked a lot with varsity/jv

Adkins looks good: freshman, good size kid, can move and has a good arm
Yustacould Wrote:Dowdy looks to be the favorite: junior, good speed and intelligence, just a little undersized for a qb position

Roberts just flat out looks good: junior, best athlete at the position, IMHO. great arm

Ryan still needs some work: sophomore, tall and can move well

Ratliff looks good: freshman, but 16, quick and has a good arm, has worked a lot with varsity/jv

Adkins looks good: freshman, good size kid, can move and has a good arm

Roberts is probably 3rd possibly 4th best athlete on the team. If and that's a Big if Dowdy is starter Roberts can play multiple positions and will. Like the idea but think Roberts is better then Dowdy.
Ashland has a ton of talent. If this team underachievies it will be criminal and all fall on the coaches.
T-CATS Wrote:Roberts is probably 3rd possibly 4th best athlete on the team. If and that's a Big if Dowdy is starter Roberts can play multiple positions and will. Like the idea but think Roberts is better then Dowdy.

I like Roberts to line up in the backfield or even as receiver. He's a playmaker, and athlete is correct. I would even like to see Dowdy as a slot receiver. I think he could make some plays for them that way, but then you have to look at who it would be calling the signals.
Well we know the offense is going to be pretty good but what about the defense? and special teams? Those two have to be the main focus this year.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I was told by a relative of one of the assistant coaches (off the record, of course), that they are not very good. But, at least they won't get their usual humiliation from our Bluebirds this year.

Go crawl back in your hole Harry. This team is on a mission and will represent the East in Bowing Green this year.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Go crawl back in your hole Harry. This team is on a mission and will represent the East in Bowing Green this year.

I think it comes down to Ashland and Johnson Central to rep the east. EKY just doesnt have that many quality 4A teams. Now, Greenuo could suprise some people and could potentially knock someone off, but its a long shot. Their defense is good enough, but their offense hasnt been able to stay on the field long enough to let the defense have a break against formidable opponents. Looking at the Cats/eagles matchup, it will yet again come down to Ashland on the defensive side of the ball and in the trenches primarily and capitolize on turnovers. Ashland's defense dis a good job all season last year forcing turnovers, they just couldnt capitolize on them. Should be a good year for the cats though. This is the year they need to knock of JC if they r goina do it. Because the fighting mattneys have some nice under classmen coming up and Baker is gone after this year.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Go crawl back in your hole Harry. This team is on a mission and will represent the East in Bowing Green this year.

Hope your right. On Defense O'Byran is the leader. He is the playmaker and needs to have a big year. Need to start the season he has been laying people out in practice.
Wow looks like the tomcats are loaded , I just hope the little Raceland Rams can keep the score respectful
Raceland will be good. How much will they miss Conner Messer? We will see. Ashland has a chance to be good. Hope the coaches and players can all be on the same page this year.

Seems like we hear this year after year after year around this time from the "Prideful One"....And then dem boys from Johnson County rain on that big ole Tomcat parade. Just ask NotsoBADCAT........Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think it comes down to Ashland and Johnson Central to rep the east. EKY just doesnt have that many quality 4A teams. Now, Greenuo could suprise some people and could potentially knock someone off, but its a long shot. Their defense is good enough, but their offense hasnt been able to stay on the field long enough to let the defense have a break against formidable opponents. Looking at the Cats/eagles matchup, it will yet again come down to Ashland on the defensive side of the ball and in the trenches primarily and capitolize on turnovers. Ashland's defense dis a good job all season last year forcing turnovers, they just couldnt capitolize on them. Should be a good year for the cats though. This is the year they need to knock of JC if they r goina do it. Because the fighting mattneys have some nice under classmen coming up and Baker is gone after this year.

Really? They better be worried about this year's edition.
Thats what im saying. They better buckle down and get em this year. Because idk if they will have a better shot in the next 3-5 years.

that's a strong statement. I hope you are right.
[quote=Scotty_Bronson]Thats what im saying. They better buckle down and get em this year. Because idk if they will have a better shot in the next 3-5 years.

They speak about what they know not of. Again.This is the same old rhetoric they rattle on about year after year in the preseason. Then they enter the real world and after they play JC you wont find one single Ashland poster on BGR. Tall statement here, but this could be the best offensive attack in JC's history, THIS YEAR. JC will destroy Ashland.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=Scotty_Bronson]Thats what im saying. They better buckle down and get em this year. Because idk if they will have a better shot in the next 3-5 years.

They speak about what they know not of. Again.This is the same old rhetoric they rattle on about year after year in the preseason. Then they enter the real world and after they play JC you wont find one single Ashland poster on BGR. Tall statement here, but this could be the best offensive attack in JC's history, THIS YEAR. JC will destroy Ashland.

That's why they play the games Seger. :igiveup: I guess we should give JC another State Title. Forgot they don't have any.:1:
T-CATS Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]

That's why they play the games Seger. :igiveup: I guess we should give JC another State Title. Forgot they don't have any.:1:

Oh I see. I guess we can all just ask NotsoBADCAT. He's seen more JC massacres than anyone.:biggrin:
If Ashland can't hang with Johnson Central this year, then they may never be capable of doing so again. Ashland has the best player on the field and several other good athletes surrounding him. This season is going to say a lot about the Ashland coaches. Did they build a line in the offseason? Can they come up with an offensive scheme to utilize the weapons they've got? Can they put the right pieces in place on defense to slow anyone down? I think they have the bodies available to do all of these things. We shall see, though.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next