•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 2015
Sounds like to me a QB is what Ashland need. Play in as many 7 on 7 passing scrimmage you can this summer. Someone will stepped up. :rockon:
somebody already stepped up Smile
I really hope the Tomcats step up this year. There is no reason they shouldn't be a state contender year in and year out.
I look at Ashland like a "better" Lawrence County. Seems to do enough defensively to keep the good teams in check, has some really nice atheletes (Q is on a different level than any other kid in our area though), but they seem to lack an offensive Identitiy. Outside of Q right Q left, Screen Q, Q Jet Sweep. Wildcat w Q. If Baker doesnt break loose on 4 runs against Raceland last year, where our youg LBs and young DT played the wrong assignment, then Raceland hands Ashland a fairly hefty loss. Now, Baker took advantage of the space given by those mistakes, but against teams with experience, those runs are few and far between. Cant rely on homerun plays and expect to beat good teams. Eventually u run into someone who stops you and your left with no other options than desperation. Not a good position to be in. Baker is a difference maker though and I think the tomcats would be making mistake by putting Obryan back there and taking him off the defensive side of the ball. Its going to be interesting to see how everything shakes out in the Ashland area this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I look at Ashland like a "better" Lawrence County. Seems to do enough defensively to keep the good teams in check, has some really nice atheletes (Q is on a different level than any other kid in our area though), but they seem to lack an offensive Identitiy. Outside of Q right Q left, Screen Q, Q Jet Sweep. Wildcat w Q. If Baker doesnt break loose on 4 runs against Raceland last year, where our youg LBs and young DT played the wrong assignment, then Raceland hands Ashland a fairly hefty loss. Now, Baker took advantage of the space given by those mistakes, but against teams with experience, those runs are few and far between. Cant rely on homerun plays and expect to beat good teams. Eventually u run into someone who stops you and your left with no other options than desperation. Not a good position to be in. Baker is a difference maker though and I think the tomcats would be making mistake by putting Obryan back there and taking him off the defensive side of the ball. Its going to be interesting to see how everything shakes out in the Ashland area this year.

if a bull frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's a$$ Confusednicker:
Congrats to Mr. OByran on his commitment to Ball State!! Good Luck young man!!
Congrats. Any conformation on him getting the ab job this year?
Congrats , ball state is a nice school
O'Byran and Roberts as of now will split time at QB. Roberts had foot surgery and will be ready for camp but during Spring ball both play QB.
There's only one team that matters on our schedule and that's Johnson Central. In my opinion this will be the year for the Tomcats.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There's only one team that matters on our schedule and that's Johnson Central. In my opinion this will be the year for the Tomcats.
I wouldnt count GC out. If not for 3 fumbles last year they had Ashland beat. Also return almost everyone.
I am declaring Ashland as my 4A sleeper team this year. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I am declaring Ashland as my 4A sleeper team this year. :Cheerlead
Sounds good to me. Ashland should be in the mix to make a deep run this season.:Thumbs:
Who will be Ashland's toughest games? I am just getting back into KY high school football and have lost touch with district and schedule for the Tomcats after my son playing in TN.
Johnson Central and Ashland decided the district and most likely the region. Other games that could pose problems for the Tomcats Raceland Ironton George Washington Lexington Tate's Creek maybe Greenup.
T-CATS Wrote:Johnson Central and Ashland decided the district and most likely the region. Other games that could pose problems for the Tomcats Raceland Ironton George Washington Lexington Tate's Creek maybe Greenup.

Raceland will beat Ashland this year by at least two touchdowns maybe more
Raceland could pull the upset but Ashland should win.:popcorn: Looking forward to Ashlands 2 scrimmages Spring Valley and Wayne WVA will both be good warm ups for the season opener with Raceland.
Here's hoping Ashland does well this year for everybody's sake. Coach Love is a good man and the players and opposing coaches will tell you that.
T-CATS Wrote:Johnson Central and Ashland decided the district and most likely the region. Other games that could pose problems for the Tomcats Raceland Ironton George Washington Lexington Tate's Creek maybe Greenup.

So youre already counting a win over Russell at their place?
mightydog Wrote:So youre already counting a win over Russell at their place?

Yes along with beating Raceland , Ashland is down and I think their record will be 3-7 maybe 4-6 at best. This will be the first time that I can remember Raceland and Russell both beat Ashland in the same year
mightydog Wrote:So youre already counting a win over Russell at their place?

Forgot the Red Devils another tough game. Ashland OL should be strong Pruitt a kid who moved to Ryle has moved back and will add to an already stout front.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes along with beating Raceland , Ashland is down and I think their record will be 3-7 maybe 4-6 at best. This will be the first time that I can remember Raceland and Russell both beat Ashland in the same year

:biglmao:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes along with beating Raceland , Ashland is down and I think their record will be 3-7 maybe 4-6 at best. This will be the first time that I can remember Raceland and Russell both beat Ashland in the same year

Man thats a tall order. Idk about Raceland beating Ashland by 2tds or more this year either. Raceland was up by 2 tds last year and in the boink of an eye, Q found some space and was off to the races, then Long got loose on a screen and then Q on another. We went from a two td lead to down 3 tds. Had we not given uo the two long runs, we win that game. We ran out of time with the ball in scoring position.

With the numbers advantage Ashland has and the Q factor, coupled with what we return upfront and in the backfield, I like our chances by a TD or so. But two or more tds is a bit drastic, imo. I think Russell will be able to win as well though. Cats/Rams, Cats/Devils, Devils/Rams should all be great ball games. Dont let us forget Greenup Co either, any and all of these teams best be prepared for the Musketeers this season. If their offense gets some points on the bored they could really shock some people.
O'Byran decommitted from Ball State committed to WKU today. Again good luck young man.
With Fort Thomas Highlands and Covington Catholic moving on, this will undoubtedly be the weakest region in all of Class 4A. There is really nothing left other than Johnson Central.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Man thats a tall order. Idk about Raceland beating Ashland by 2tds or more this year either. Raceland was up by 2 tds last year and in the boink of an eye, Q found some space and was off to the races, then Long got loose on a screen and then Q on another. We went from a two td lead to down 3 tds. Had we not given uo the two long runs, we win that game. We ran out of time with the ball in scoring position.

With the numbers advantage Ashland has and the Q factor, coupled with what we return upfront and in the backfield, I like our chances by a TD or so. But two or more tds is a bit drastic, imo. I think Russell will be able to win as well though. Cats/Rams, Cats/Devils, Devils/Rams should all be great ball games. Dont let us forget Greenup Co either, any and all of these teams best be prepared for the Musketeers this season. If their offense gets some points on the bored they could really shock some people.

I don't want to ruffle your feathers, but no team would lose if they didn't give up long runs, short runs, long passes, short passes. Its all part of the game. Poor Kentucky would have won a ton of games over the last half decade if they just hadn't given up the long runs and passes.
mightydog Wrote:I don't want to ruffle your feathers, but no team would lose if they didn't give up long runs, short runs, long passes, short passes. Its all part of the game. Poor Kentucky would have won a ton of games over the last half decade if they just hadn't given up the long runs and passes.

:truestory:
mightydog Wrote:I don't want to ruffle your feathers, but no team would lose if they didn't give up long runs, short runs, long passes, short passes. Its all part of the game. Poor Kentucky would have won a ton of games over the last half decade if they just hadn't given up the long runs and passes.

Thats what i am saying. Up two scores with all the momentum in the world and just like that, players like Baker and Long have u down 3 scores. I cant find one reason to justify why anyone will have Raceland or Russell as a PRESEASON 2 or more TD favorite over Ashland. Imo, with what each team lost and returns all three of them are on about the same level. goina be some good football in our area this year.
Watch practice today Ashland spent a good 45 minutes working on kickoff and punt coverage in 6 different stations. Special Teams are a Huge part of the game and a lot of schools don't spend enough time on.
I agree 100%
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next