•  Previous
  • 12(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A Pre-Season Top 10
So many holes to fill for so many this year. Its goina be interesting to see who's new faces and younger guys step up.
Williamsburg has more holes to fill than any team in the region....Coach Herron has a big decision this fall. Does he start a running qb or a passing qb. I hope coach Herron enter team in on 7 on 7 passing games this year. :Cheerlead
bac2369 Wrote:What makes you think they can't?? Now Pikeville will be a tough task. Williamsburg is rebuilding and I think they are a step behind hazard and Pikeville. But not saying they couldn't beat either just saying they are a work in progress.

some of you are underestimating Williamsburg again and that could be a huge mistake.
jetpilot Wrote:Because they couldn't handle Pikeville with Jones and Morgan. Also, Hazard has to play some defense. The last 2 years Pikeville went up and down the field with little resistance. And they will probably have more good skill players this year than they have had in a while...:popcorn: Looking forward to the district battles between Pikeville and Hazard, should be very entertaining.

I agree on playing defense. Pikeville ran the ball and Hazard could not stop it. Pikeville didn't have to pass but they threw some picks in the game. I hope to see the Hazard defense a little better. I agree it will be an entertaining district.
pjdoug Wrote:some of you are underestimating Williamsburg again and that could be a huge mistake.

Not under estimating just with the talent they lost there's no chance for them to be on the same level.
pjdoug Wrote:some of you are underestimating Williamsburg again and that could be a huge mistake.

I wouldn't say underestimating them , it's more the fact they lost the player of the year , along with the other 15 plus senior starters and the fact it would be extremely difficult to overcome all of that
bac2369 Wrote:Not under estimating just with the talent they lost there's no chance for them to be on the same level.

most people didnt give them a chance last year lol
pjdoug Wrote:most people didnt give them a chance last year lol

Wburg will be in the mix for sure. But, their region is a heck of alot tougher and they loose arguably more than anyother team in the state, by comparison, to graduation. Outside of a few of the Corbin guys and Massey, they lost almost 10, 4 year starters. And some of the Corbin kids were 2 year starters. I think their defense will be fine. Simply bc they return some nice pieces from a good defense last year and the second and third string defenses held all the running clocks/big leads/shutouts in tact. That will have to be their strong suit and backbone, especially until the offense gets a few games under their belt and starts to mesh against other varsity defenses.

As it has been said before, none of us in the east will be left without holes to fill. Im anxious and excited to see how things play out this year. Good luck to all the teams and for the love of humanity someone bring back some hardware to the EAST!!!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I wouldn't say underestimating them , it's more the fact they lost the player of the year , along with the other 15 plus senior starters and the fact it would be extremely difficult to overcome all of that

The truth is Williamsburg lost a lot. :HitWall:
The burg did lose a lot. I would suspect this will be a down year for them. The good news is that their recent success will surely bring them fresh talent and they will reload for the future. That is the truth of the matter. When you have success you will start drawing more interested talent.
mysonis55 Wrote:The burg did lose a lot. I would suspect this will be a down year for them. The good news is that their recent success will surely bring them fresh talent and they will reload for the future. That is the truth of the matter. When you have success you will start drawing more interested talent.

There is another good young bunch coming up, but do not count this years team out...Husky, Stone, Shackelford, Browning, Dunn, and White all played significant minutes last year....
OldJacket Wrote:There is another good young bunch coming up, but do not count this years team out...Husky, Stone, Shackelford, Browning, Dunn, and White all played significant minutes last year....

Good group of player for defense. Now will any of these player play offense. I could see Stone and Husky playing in the backfield or receiver. I know Williamsburg still want to be a passing team. I think Patterson could play at any of the spots as a Dual Qb,RB or WR. Poore as a passing Qb or WR. White can catch anything that's throw at him. I feel pretty good about 1A Williamsburg in 2015. Go Jackets :Cheerlead
I guessed what I'm saying Williamsburg will be playing with a all new offensive team in 2015. Wow :worthy:
Thats why it will be up to their defense to keep them in ball games early on in the season.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)