• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A Pre-Season Top 10
Yes it's way early and I have to say that I'm still pumped for football season.
Williamsburg near the top Smile
I couldnt rank em if i tried. Probably Beechwood at the top, then possibly Raceland/Pikeville/Wburg/Russellville/Frankfort and Williamsburg, in no particular order. Lord its all up in the air at this point and may very well still be up in the air week 1 of next season
I have been picking Williamsburg 4 yrs now...not sure if I can stop... I have yellowjacket fever. Confusederiously:
1. Beechwood
2. Williamsburg (no clue what they have coming back)
3. Frankfort
4. Russellville
5. Raceland
6. Pikeville 7?
7. Paintsville 6?
8. Hazard 5-8?
What does wburg lose/return next year?
I know they lose the big sr class which is responsible for the last 2 years of success. Lowrie, Massey, Shelton, Griffith, Wilson, Lamoree, Helton, Huskey, Patrick, Cadell, The db that wore 13 (cant recall his name)...all gone. So they have alot to replace. I think you'd love to give the state runner up that only lost by 1 pt, the 2nd place spot, I would. But tey lose almost 100% of what made that team what it was.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know they lose the big sr class which is responsible for the last 2 years of success. Lowrie, Massey, Shelton, Griffith, Wilson, Lamoree, Helton, Huskey, Patrick, Cadell, The db that wore 13 (cant recall his name)...all gone. So they have alot to replace. I think you'd love to give the state runner up that only lost by 1 pt, the 2nd place spot, I would. But tey lose almost 100% of what made that team what it was.

Yes it's a long list, but Huskey will return along with 10-12 other Juniors. Obviously not the same caliber as this team but very competitive. I believe they will be solid again and be evenly matched with other 1A teams in the east. Who knows the 6'5 Griffith (Skylers brother) may decide to play next year...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know they lose the big sr class which is responsible for the last 2 years of success. Lowrie, Massey, Shelton, Griffith, Wilson, Lamoree, Helton, Huskey, Patrick, Cadell, The db that wore 13 (cant recall his name)...all gone. So they have alot to replace. I think you'd love to give the state runner up that only lost by 1 pt, the 2nd place spot, I would. But tey lose almost 100% of what made that team what it was.

Oh Lord it up to 100% now...I been hearing this year they had lost 90% of their offensive number...Williamsburg is doom....I will be picking Williamsburg again in 2015...Mark it down. :Cheerlead
Old_Jacket Wrote:Yes it's a long list, but Huskey will return along with 10-12 other Juniors. Obviously not the same caliber as this team but very competitive. I believe they will be solid again and be evenly matched with other 1A teams in the east. Who knows the 6'5 Griffith (Skylers brother) may decide to play next year...

If Andrew Griffith plays Williamsburg would cake walk the east. 64SUR. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Oh Lord it up to 100% now...I been hearing this year they had lost 90% of their offensive number...Williamsburg is doom....I will be picking Williamsburg again in 2015...Mark it down. :Cheerlead

I disagreed with all they lost last year. They were better this year at each and every position. But they lose their top recievers, qb, rbs, line and most of their dbs. They have a big class of Jrs though so i highly doubt they will not be relevant like many others claim. I am simply saying that to put them at Number 2 coming out the gate would be difficult. But the same can be said for Raceland, Frankfort, Hazard, and the other top dogs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I disagreed with all they lost last year. They were better this year at each and every position. But they lose their top recievers, qb, rbs, line and most of their dbs. They have a big class of Jrs though so i highly doubt they will not be relevant like many others claim. I am simply saying that to put them at Number 2 coming out the gate would be difficult. But the same can be said for Raceland, Frankfort, Hazard, and the other top dogs.

Who are other. Wait untill jetpilot finds this thread.Confusednicker: I guess we will all become eastern Kentucky again.An believe anybody from the east can compete with the west. :popcorn: I bleed eastern Kentucky win or lose.
I fully believe the east has closed the gap and was really glad to see such a tight game yesterday afternoon. I think next year will be much of the same. Williamsburg should still be in the mix.
I think it is way to early to predict anything, transfers are rumoring about that could greatly affect the East. The west I would think Beechwood, Russeville, and Frankfort. In the East, Raceland at the top, followed by Pikeville, and then Hazard or W'burg.
I hate to count out Frankfort and Russellville, but it looks like all Beechwood in the west. My crystal ball is pretty murky in the east, though. There are as many as five teams with a legitimate shot to win the east, IMO. I'll be pulling hard for the Rams, but Williamsburg, Hazard, Pikeville, and Paintsville will all have something to say about it. 1A East should be one of the most competitive semi-states in any class next year.

Honest question for fans of 1A contenders.... Are you relieved to see Mayfield moving up or would you prefer to see your team go through the Cardinals to win the title?
samson81 Wrote:I hate to count out Frankfort and Russellville, but it looks like all Beechwood in the west. My crystal ball is pretty murky in the east, though. There are as many as five teams with a legitimate shot to win the east, IMO. I'll be pulling hard for the Rams, but Williamsburg, Hazard, Pikeville, and Paintsville will all have something to say about it. 1A East should be one of the most competitive semi-states in any class next year.

Honest question for fans of 1A contenders.... Are you relieved to see Mayfield moving up or would you prefer to see your team go through the Cardinals to win the title?

Not really am going to miss y'all :Sad04:
samson81 Wrote:I hate to count out Frankfort and Russellville, but it looks like all Beechwood in the west. My crystal ball is pretty murky in the east, though. There are as many as five teams with a legitimate shot to win the east, IMO. I'll be pulling hard for the Rams, but Williamsburg, Hazard, Pikeville, and Paintsville will all have something to say about it. 1A East should be one of the most competitive semi-states in any class next year.

Its a love/hate thing. Felt the same way about NCC. It opens things up for other teams, but at the same time you sometimes get games like this years 1A title. I would say teams in the west are happier to see them go than teams in the East. We still gotta beat up on each other to get there lol. Its rare that one team steam rolls through the east. Wburg did it convincingly by each games end this year. But in this recent alignment, someone usually has ended up with alot of injuries in the title game because more times than not, the east is more evenly matched up and balanced among its top teams.
The team coming up actually had more playing time than the seniors. Most games ended early 2nd Quarter.
Love the conversation in this thread..
Id love to know what everyone returns for certain.
1. Mayfield
opps wrong thread
I look for mayfield and desales to have some absolutely epic battles
So whats a brief rundown on what everyone gets back/loses:

Raceland:
Defensive front 7 is back but lose all but the SS and Nickel CB
All but 1 OL is back and all RBs are back but lose all but 1 WR and the QB
Returning RBs combined for over 3000 yds including 1 thousand yard rusher and one 800 yd rusher backfield combinded for 25 tds.
Really tallented Frosh skill guys coming in as well
Williamsburg loses 15 seniors, 12 of them being starters. Frankfort graduates 11 from a 30 man roster. These two may be able to pull it together around mid year but growing pains early on will be a definite.
1A will be interesting. See lots of the top teams losing several key pieces.

Paintsville and Raceland seem to stand out to me in the East. Think Wburg, Pikeville, and Hazard all have some serious holes to address.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:1. Mayfield
opps wrong thread
Old habits die hard.Smile
Paintsville returns all but one lineman on both sides of the ball. Some nice skill kids return as well. Kash Daniel is capable of carrying this team far on his broad shoulders, but I hope for his sake some of their younger kids step up. They finished on a strong note this year with an incredible result against Pikeville and a much improved showing against Raceland the second time around. The Tigers have much to feel good about in preparation for next year.
Russellville was young this year..They should be improved next year..
samson81 Wrote:Paintsville returns all but one lineman on both sides of the ball. Some nice skill kids return as well. Kash Daniel is capable of carrying this team far on his broad shoulders, but I hope for his sake some of their younger kids step up. They finished on a strong note this year with an incredible result against Pikeville and a much improved showing against Raceland the second time around. The Tigers have much to feel good about in preparation for next year.

I think Paintsville has a lot to build off of for next year and I look for them to be in the mix come playoff time for possible teams representing the east. I think Beechwood will be hard to beat and should be the favorite overall in 1A.

KYHSFBFan Wrote:Russellville was young this year..They should be improved next year..

I'm confused by this. Russellville is losing almost all of their offensive output to graduation, and only have a few skill positions returning and they didn't account for much of the yardage this year. Not only that, but those offensive threats they're losing are also a couple of their best defensive players as well. Unless they have a lot of under-classmen that can step up, I see them going in the other direction.
1). Beechwood
2). Russellville
3). Hazard
4). Raceland
5). Holy Cross
6). Frankfort
7). Williamsburg
8). Paintsville
9). Fair view
10) Crittendon County
  • 1(current)
  • Next