Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kendra Carroll
"Ridge Runner" Wrote:More like an Officials Rulebook! Because she takes the first step as she is receiving the ball and the second there after. If it is a walk? Then why has it not been called the entire season by any Official in KY or in SC? The girl has talent! Just admit it. I haven't seen a highschooler, NCAA, WNBA or NBA player yet who hasn't taken a shot here or there when someone else might be open. That is just the game. She is doing a fine job and is a heck of a Ball player and could school most of us old farts on here talking smack! Keep playing your heart out Kendra and Good luck to you and the Lady Tigers in District, cause that is when it really counts! We're behind you all the way!

Yeah shes an awesome ball player but she still walks when she takes the jump shot and im not afraid to amdit it!
"hp2006" Wrote:calloray howard shut her down she held her to i think four points at magoffins home court.

As far as i know Calloray only held Chelsee to 4 points, and Calloray herself told me that.
:ref1:
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:Yeah shes an awesome ball player but she still walks when she takes the jump shot and im not afraid to amdit it!

What kills me is all these bleacher refs! It's so funny. But, like I said earlier.
If it is a walk? Then why has it not been called the entire season by any Official in Kentucky or in South Carolina, where they played in a tourney?
But, what do these guys know? After all their just licensed officials unlike us pros in the stands.:ref2:
IMO Carroll is the best player in the Region. She does it all for the Lady Tigers she scores, dishes, playes defense, and she breaks presses single handed every game!
OK first let me say I wish they were still playing at Lawrence County but thats another story.

Second I haven't seen her play in years but if she has improved to the point that some of you say any schools looking at her?
The girl can play.. Keep it up Kendra!.. and go Lady Tigers!
The problem with most of these teams is they read all the comments posted about themselves on this board and others like it. Much damage is done with some comments that are a lot more than constructive criticism. Sometimes you're downright rude. We're talking about teen-agers here. Let the kids enjoy the sport and quit picking them apart. I've seen terrible comments posted about both Chelsee and Kendra along with many other kids. How do you think that makes them feel when they read it? No wonder kids make mistakes during their games. They're thinking about what was posted and trying to play so nobody will say something on the board about them after the game. C'mon, guys, let these kids play and enjoy the true spirit of the game without talking about what you think their shortcomings are. That's why we pay coaches the big bucks.
"hp2006" Wrote:calloray howard shut her down she held her to i think four points at magoffins home court.
Which quarter was that???
"Ridge Runner" Wrote:More like an Officials Rulebook! Because she takes the first step as she is receiving the ball and the second there after. If it is a walk? Then why has it not been called the entire season by any Official in KY or in SC? The girl has talent! Just admit it. I haven't seen a highschooler, NCAA, WNBA or NBA player yet who hasn't taken a shot here or there when someone else might be open. That is just the game. She is doing a fine job and is a heck of a Ball player and could school most of us old farts on here talking smack! Keep playing your heart out Kendra and Good luck to you and the Lady Tigers in District, cause that is when it really counts! We're behind you all the way!
if thats what she is doing thats a walk
"CatDawg" Wrote:OK first let me say I wish they were still playing at Lawrence County but thats another story.

Second I haven't seen her play in years but if she has improved to the point that some of you say any schools looking at her?

How many schools has she attended. I know she attended Johnson County and one before that, Lawrence County and now Paintsville. Thats 4 different school systems. That's a lot of moving around.
"The Fan" Wrote:if thats what she is doing thats a walk

HOW? The first step receiving the ball, she is not even in possession yet. The second step after receiving, now she has possession. So that is one step after possession. I done with this one because everyone else is right and every Official in EKY is wrong. PLease! Later!
Her mother and father are divorced, but seem to get along very well!!! I know she and her sisters get great support from them both. Her mother graduated from Johnson Central where she was an excellent basketball player herself. She is a Jr. and has attended Paintsville since being a freshman.
I think she is one of the top players in the region, and has gained tremendous respect from throughout the state. At least that is what I hear from other coaches.
"Ridge Runner" Wrote:HOW? The first step receiving the ball, she is not even in possession yet. The second step after receiving, now she has possession. So that is one step after possession. I done with this one because everyone else is right and every Official in EKY is wrong. PLease! Later!
LOL you cant take a step after possession you just told she walk
I think she is a decent player not too good but decent!
"The Fan" Wrote:LOL you cant take a step after possession you just told she walk

DUUUHHHH! After possession? So you are telling me after you have possession you can't move one foot? Pivot foot, step with the other as much as you want! That is a step! Come on man! You have no clue! Take a step as you are receiving and then a step after possession! Next you will say the jump stop is a walk. You just showed you have no clue what you are talking about! LOL!! PLEASE! I am through with such unknowledge! HA! :ref1:
Carroll is a great player and I think her future at Paintsville looks to be very bright...She has great basic fundamentals
Kendra Carroll is one of the top 3 players in the region. She has the best jump shot in the region. She has a tremendous work ethic. If all of Paintsville's players worked as hard as her, they might be the top team in the region next year.

Walk?????? Kendra does NOT walk.
Kendra is a very good ball player as she is a very good person... All she thinks about is winning. She would do anything in her will to win a ball game. Expecially one played across the creek. She has a love for the game and is very dedicated. Im sure she would pass up having 20 points for a win anytime. She is determined to win and I think she is one of the best players in the region. Keep up the hard work girl and dont listen to any negative posts on here. Good luck Kendra and good luck the rest of the Paintsville Tigers girls basketball team thoughout the rest of the season.
Kendra is a very good basketball player like UCbulldog4life said. Thenegative comments will just make u stronger, but dont listen to them. The only reason ppl hav negative comments about our players is cuz we r the best and they want to bring us down to try to make us lose.
"hp2006" Wrote:I think she is a decent player not too good but decent!

Don't be too surprised if she ends up being the best player in the region next year:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Don't be too surprised if she ends up being the best player in the region next year:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

imo the best players in the region will be

1) ashley j. howard
2) Brittany Manns
3) Micheala Howard
3) Kendra Carroll
"SeniorEagle04" Wrote:imo the best players in the region will be

1) ashley j. howard
2) Brittany Manns
3) Micheala Howard
3) Kendra Carroll

Looks good to me
"Ridge Runner" Wrote:DUUUHHHH! After possession? So you are telling me after you have possession you can't move one foot? Pivot foot, step with the other as much as you want! That is a step! Come on man! You have no clue! Take a step as you are receiving and then a step after possession! Next you will say the jump stop is a walk. You just showed you have no clue what you are talking about! LOL!! PLEASE! I am through with such unknowledge! HA! :ref1:
no iam not telling you that the way you said it was she took a step not with a pivot foot if you move your pivot then pull your other foot to shoot that is a walk
Congratulations Kenny On scoring over 1,000 points. We <3 You! :Cheerlead
&quot;BULLRUSH&quot; Wrote:Kendra Carroll is one of the best players I have ever seen take the floor. She has a true love for the game of basketball and that is something you really don't see much of anymore. I think she really came into her own at the Class "A" State Tournament. She is just a joy to watch and I wish her luck in her basketball at the High School level and the College level. She is one of the hardest working players I have ever seen in my life. BTW she has a pretty nice jump shot(better than most boys)! Good luck Kendra and lead your team to the state tournament like I and everyone else in Paintsville know you can do!

i watched her play ball for the first time aganist pike central lady hawks, who in my opinion has the best player in the 15th, Haley Ratliff. Any ways pc jumped up on paintsville early but the carroll girl did not miss. she would come off a screen or a pick and bust a 3 or a little jumper. She is just like jj redieick(Sorry bout the spelling.) from duke.
&quot;SeniorEagle04&quot; Wrote:imo the best players in the region will be

1) ashley j. howard
2) Brittany Manns
3) Micheala Howard
3) Kendra Carroll
I think Kendra improved a whole lot more over the last year than the Magoffin players. With Kendra's work ethic, you'll see a whole lot more improvement this next year.
Sure Kendra is a special talent, but nobody...thats nobody...worked harder than the Magoffin girls. Start with losing 52 pounds (calloray howard) and work you way on down through countless hours in the gym and weight room...senioreagle "knows whereof he speaketh."
&quot;Maroon4Ever&quot; Wrote:Sure Kendra is a special talent, but nobody...thats nobody...worked harder than the Magoffin girls. Start with losing 52 pounds (calloray howard) and work you way on down through countless hours in the gym and weight room...senioreagle "knows whereof he speaketh."
It didn't make Calloray any better, though. The only Magoffin player that is better than last year is Ashley Jade. Kendra Carroll is 10 times better this year than last year. I look for her to be at least twice as good next year. If the rest of the team works like Kenda, then Paintsville will be scary good next year.
&quot;sportwhiz&quot; Wrote:It didn't make Calloray any better, though. The only Magoffin player that is better than last year is Ashley Jade. Kendra Carroll is 10 times better this year than last year. I look for her to be at least twice as good next year. If the rest of the team works like Kenda, then Paintsville will be scary good next year.
she is averaging a double double this year quicker on the break and leads the break periodically better than last year