Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kendra Carroll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kendra Carroll is one of the best players I have ever seen take the floor. She has a true love for the game of basketball and that is something you really don't see much of anymore. I think she really came into her own at the Class "A" State Tournament. She is just a joy to watch and I wish her luck in her basketball at the High School level and the College level. She is one of the hardest working players I have ever seen in my life. BTW she has a pretty nice jump shot(better than most boys)! Good luck Kendra and lead your team to the state tournament like I and everyone else in Paintsville know you can do!
kendra is a good ball player i'll agree but she's also a ball hog. If she has the ball and is trapped she would rather shoot it than pass. if she plays team ball she's an excellent player, but the games i've seen her play this year it's like she's out there to get all the glory. I mean who doesn't pass it to the girl down low when she's wide open and your trapped?
Kendra Carroll is one of the best shooters within 15 feet in the state. She's not a 3 point threat in the games I've seen. I'm sure she can make a few 3 pointers but I'd let her shoot those all night. The best way to defend Kendra is to get right up on her and make her drive. When she starts a drive, she will shoot it 95% of the time. She also puts her head down when she drives and can't see the 2 or 3 wide open teammates. Paintsville won't make it out of the district. Kendra is so used to doing what she's doing, that it might be too late for her to change this year. That's a shame for Paintsville, because they have all the pieces of the puzzle to win it all.
shes good, she takes it after her mom
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote::Thumbs:

Kendra is a hell of a player, but I do agree with you. There are times when she doesn't care if there are any teammates on the floor, she is gonna shoot. She does have the best jump shot I have seen in my years of watching girls high school basketball, but when a defender comes up to help and leaves the post player WIDE open, the ball needs to go down to her regaurdless of who it is.

I do agree!
SHe is one heck of a player and I dont blame her! When in doubt "shoot the ball Danny!!!!!!!!"
"hootie" Wrote:SHe is one heck of a player and I dont blame her! When in doubt "shoot the ball Danny!!!!!!!!"
That's her problem and Paintsville's problem. She listens to the people telling her to "take her" and to shoot.
I would like for my team to have that kind of problem with her! Without her they might win three games. I think she is the second best player in the region behind Ratliff!
I agree with evryone's comment to a certain extent. The best game I've seen her play was against East Ridge. At halftime, PHS was up 26-23. Kendra was 5-14 from the field and was trying to do it all. In the second half, she started getting the ball to the wings and PHS started reversing the ball from the point to the wing, back to the point and to the other wing. Results: Kendra went 5-6 from the field, Russell had 7 assists, Kendra had 3 assist, Jarrell was 8-8 from the field, Laura Carroll was 4-4 from the field, and PHS shot 73% from the field. It doesn't matter who scored, who got rebounds, who got assists. They looked like a team. When they play that way, they are very good. They scored 39 points in the second half. They worked the ball around with the pass. There were times they passed 10-12 times before they shot. Scoring 39 points while being deliberate and not pressing is very impressive. Damn, I'd love to see THAT team play Magoffin.

Like I've said all along, PHS needs each player. They can't do it by just going to Jarrell or Kendra trying to do it all. They have to have those 2, but they also need Laura's baseline shots (she's deadly there), Russell's overall game, and Katie's rebounding and 10-12 foot shots.

Kendra will NOT be the "downfall" of Paintsville like a few have said. But, Kendra needs her teammates if she wants to win the region.

I don't care who scores, rebounds, gets assists, etc.. All that matters to me is they play like a team and play hard. Where's the team that played East Ridge? I even commented after the game, "Now, that's the team we've all been waiting for."
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I agree with evryone's comment to a certain extent. The best game I've seen her play was against East Ridge. At halftime, PHS was up 26-23. Kendra was 5-14 from the field and was trying to do it all. In the second half, she started getting the ball to the wings and PHS started reversing the ball from the point to the wing, back to the point and to the other wing. Results: Kendra went 5-6 from the field, Russell had 7 assists, Kendra had 3 assist, Jarrell was 8-8 from the field, Laura Carroll was 4-4 from the field, and PHS shot 73% from the field. It doesn't matter who scored, who got rebounds, who got assists. They looked like a team. When they play that way, they are very good. They scored 39 points in the second half. They worked the ball around with the pass. There were times they passed 10-12 times before they shot. Scoring 39 points while being deliberate and not pressing is very impressive. Damn, I'd love to see THAT team play Magoffin.

Like I've said all along, PHS needs each player. They can't do it by just going to Jarrell or Kendra trying to do it all. They have to have those 2, but they also need Laura's baseline shots (she's deadly there), Russell's overall game, and Katie's rebounding and 10-12 foot shots.

Kendra will NOT be the "downfall" of Paintsville like a few have said. But, Kendra needs her teammates if she wants to win the region.

I don't care who scores, rebounds, gets assists, etc.. All that matters to me is they play like a team and play hard. Where's the team that played East Ridge? I even commented after the game, "Now, that's the team we've all been waiting for."

Good Post! Who keeps up with your teams assists? Wish they counted them on the boys team!
It's not good to call out a player, especially if your a fan of that team. Kendra is a heck of a person, and loves the game of basketball and should be praised for the effort she puts forth every time she steps on the floor. She could play on my team any day, as well as any of the Lady Tigers.

The destruction of a team begins at home (or on a message board) not during practices or a game.
"hootie" Wrote:I would like for my team to have that kind of problem with her! Without her they might win three games. I think she is the second best player in the region behind Ratliff!
I've seen Paintsville play 4 games this year, Johnson Central, both Magoffin County games, and against us. It was the same all 4 games. Kendra tried to do it all. She handed the game to us.:thanks: If you notice, each game that I've seen, Paintsville lost. Maybe Kendra should try something different against the good teams. She's 0-3 against them trying to do it all. I wish I'd gone to the East Ridge game. I'd like to have seen her in the second half. Maybe I'd have a different opinion of her.
so if she doesnt pass it to your sister then she is a ball hog. you are rediculous

"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote::Thumbs:

Kendra is a hell of a player, but I do agree with you. There are times when she doesn't care if there are any teammates on the floor, she is gonna shoot. She does have the best jump shot I have seen in my years of watching girls high school basketball, but when a defender comes up to help and leaves the post player WIDE open, the ball needs to go down to her regaurdless of who it is.
[QUOTE="BULLRUSH"]Kendra Carroll is one of the best players I have ever seen take the floor.....................you havent watched alot of basketball then have you
Great post, YoungerThanDirt.
SHE GETS AWAY WITH A LOT OF WALKS. IT'S ONE THING TO TAKE TWO STEPS OFF OF THE BOUNCE, BUT SHE TAKES TWO STEPS FROM THE SET WITHOUT PUTTING DOWN A DRIBBLE ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME.

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE REFEREES LET HER GET AWAY WITH IT.
She is the best mid range shooter I have seen this year.
"smoothie" Wrote:SHE GETS AWAY WITH A LOT OF WALKS. IT'S ONE THING TO TAKE TWO STEPS OFF OF THE BOUNCE, BUT SHE TAKES TWO STEPS FROM THE SET WITHOUT PUTTING DOWN A DRIBBLE ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME.

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE REFEREES LET HER GET AWAY WITH IT.

She does not walk all the time...you must need a set of glasses because i've watched every game, and theres a couple of times she does, but not all the time, its just that SHE'S TO GOOD for anyone to handle...
"tigerman2163" Wrote:so if she doesnt pass it to your sister then she is a ball hog. you are rediculous

I wasn't talking about Chelsee in general, you assumed I was. You forget that Katie and Lauren both play down low also. Read EVERYONE's posts on here, why do you make it a point to point me out. If you could read, you would notice that I never said or called her a ball hog.
I think the thing I like most about watching Kendra play is her sportsmanship on the floor. I've noticed she is always helping out her teammates, as well as the opposing team's players when someone takes a fall. It's not often you see compassion on the floor anymore and it's nice to see that Kendra has that aspect of sportsmanship conduct within her. I think she's so entertaining to watch because she just has overall athletic skill. I expect to see great things from her.
"Youngerthandirt" Wrote:It's not good to call out a player, especially if your a fan of that team. Kendra is a heck of a person, and loves the game of basketball and should be praised for the effort she puts forth every time she steps on the floor. She could play on my team any day, as well as any of the Lady Tigers.

The destruction of a team begins at home (or on a message board) not during practices or a game.

The problem with most of these teams is they read all the comments posted about themselves on this board and others like it. Much damage is done with some comments that are a lot more than constructive criticism. Sometimes you're downright rude. We're talking about teen-agers here. Let the kids enjoy the sport and quit picking them apart. I've seen terrible comments posted about both Chelsee and Kendra along with many other kids. How do you think that makes them feel when they read it? No wonder kids make mistakes during their games. They're thinking about what was posted and trying to play so nobody will say something on the board about them after the game. C'mon, guys, let these kids play and enjoy the true spirit of the game without talking about what you think their shortcomings are. That's why we pay coaches the big bucks.

I've preached this same sermon... and I couldn't agree more! Great post! And...... thank goodness that blackcat person hasn't been to any more of our games than they have...LOL!!! (she could almost be considered a snakebite-voo-doo-monkey duster for us):Shaking: :big grin: (just kidding... sorta...lol... really!)
"tigerman2163" Wrote:so if she doesnt pass it to your sister then she is a ball hog. you are rediculous

i watched the JC/Paintsville game tonight and She didn't really pass it to any one unless she was forced too.
"PaintsvilleFootball" Wrote:She does not walk all the time...you must need a set of glasses because i've watched every game, and theres a couple of times she does, but not all the time, its just that SHE'S TO GOOD for anyone to handle...

I need a set of glasses to because shes walking EVERY time
"SeniorEagle04" Wrote:i watched the JC/Paintsville game tonight and She didn't really pass it to any one unless she was forced too.

She didn't have to. She hit most of her shots. If I had a player who could score like Kendra, I'd tell her to shoot, too. But this whole conversation is pointless, unless you're her coach. If you'd like the job, please apply. I'll watch for your application.

Also, PLEASE apply to officiate. Those three officials tonight couldn't make a good call from a cell phone. I'm not talking about calls against PHS. They made the same crappy calls against JCHS. I'm so tired of girls getting either the rakings and scrapings that are left over or having the same officials two games in a row. After a tough boys' game, they have to be so tired and this is what makes them call a game like we saw tonight. Like I said - calls against both sides, simply awful.
Kendra plays hard every second of every game, and she never quits on her team. Outstanding ballplayer and outstanding person. Nice jumpshot, good ballhandler, sees the floor well, always hustles, you can't ask for more from a basketball player.
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:I need a set of glasses to because shes walking EVERY time

More like an Officials Rulebook! Because she takes the first step as she is receiving the ball and the second there after. If it is a walk? Then why has it not been called the entire season by any Official in KY or in SC? The girl has talent! Just admit it. I haven't seen a highschooler, NCAA, WNBA or NBA player yet who hasn't taken a shot here or there when someone else might be open. That is just the game. She is doing a fine job and is a heck of a Ball player and could school most of us old farts on here talking smack! Keep playing your heart out Kendra and Good luck to you and the Lady Tigers in District, cause that is when it really counts! We're behind you all the way!
calloray howard shut her down she held her to i think four points at magoffins home court.
"hp2006" Wrote:calloray howard shut her down she held her to i think four points at magoffins home court.
She must have played very great defense to hold Kendra and Chelsee to 4 points apiece by herself.
"PaintsvilleFootball" Wrote:She does not walk all the time...you must need a set of glasses because i've watched every game, and theres a couple of times she does, but not all the time, its just that SHE'S TO GOOD for anyone to handle...

I assure you I don't need a set of glasses and that you probably do. Because if you read the post correctly and I am assuming that you did not because you miss quoted me. I said "she takes two steps from the set almost all the time with out putting a dribble". That is a walk!
:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2