4. Williamsburg
5. Whitley Co.
6. North Laurel
7. Corbin
8. Harlan Co.
9. Jackson Co.
10. Barbourville
Go Wburg.
Clay Co. is the team to beat in the 13th Region. They should make it back to Rupp Arena again!
They should and I believe they will.Smith is emerging as one of he top players in his class.Athletic and explosive when he wants to.
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:They should and I believe they will.Smith is emerging as one of he top players in his class.Athletic and explosive when he wants to.

Some kids may be better at one end or the other than Smith, but very few are as good as him at both ends...Now he is becoming a shot blocker and passer...barring any bad luck I see nothing but good things for the kid..:Thumbs:
I know alot of people think I'm his dad or something because I have talked him up all summer but I'm not. I just played with and against the kid all summer and he was getting better by leaps and bounds. The difference in Smith and most high school athletes is this kid wants to be the best and is willing to put in the work to get there. I've seen days where he will put in work til dark and after. He attacks his game trying to get better. If other kids had this commitment you would see their game grow as well.
I've seen this kid play 4 times this year! You don't need to sell him to me!! Smile
Unlike most kids, Blake works hard in the offseason. He is the type of kid that may actually leave the mountains if the right university came calling. Not to get religious but let's just say you couldn't meet a better young man either. He deserves everything he will achieve. No, I'm not "kin" to the kid, just love the way he goes about his business, on and off the court.
This smith kid, has made this team a very good BB team.
^^
I'd say there is about 13 kids that make CC a GREAT team.
WE are CC.
I agree count 1 player doesn't make a team especially a good team just look at North. It takes all the kids to buy in and work hard and make sacrifices for the betterment of the team.
Take Blake Smith off Clay County, and you'll see how good and how much he means to them. Clay would be third or fourth in the region without him.

Cause Dew said so.
Top 5

1. Clay Co.
2. Williamsburg
3. Knox Central
4. Corbin
5. South Laurel
64SUR Wrote:My new top 10 Confusednicker:

1. Williamsburg 10-0 (enjoyed the undefeated record)
2. Clay County 12-2 ( Dont let hazard beat you tonight)
3. Corbin 9-4 ( could change after this weekend playing williamsburg)
4. Knox Central 9-5 (only seen this team once)
5. Whitley County 9-4 ( may it in my top 5)
6 South Laurel 8-6 ( A lost will get you bump)
7. Harlan County 9-6
8. North Laurel 6-8 (pick up the defense and i will start moving you up)
9. Barbourville 10-6
10.J ackson County 7-6 (man this team plays hard)
11. Pineville 11-5 (getting close to my top 10)

Sleeper team OBI (wake up)

my new top 10 :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

1. Williamssburg 12-0 ( This is my ranking only )
2. Clay County ( I know, I know )
3. Whitley County 12-4 ( its your lucky week )
4. South Laurel 9-6 ( move up one spot )
5. Harlan County 11-7 ( Going to the region )
6. Knox County 10-7 ( bad showing in the wymt )
7. Corbin 10-5 ( another lost to williamsburg )
8. Barbourville 11-6 ( looking better )
9. Pineville 11-6
10 Jackson County 9-8
11 North Laurel 6-10 ( I still have hope )

My Sleeper team OBI 5-7 ( This is know joke folks )
Not Too Bad 64...We will give u a pass this week...But we are watching YOU.
:redboxer:
1. Clay Co.
2. Williamsburg
3. Knox Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. South Laurel
6. Whitley Co.
7. Corbin
8. Barbourville
9. Jackson Co.
10. North Laurel
11. OBI
12. Pineville
13. Bell Co.
14. Lynn Camp
15. Harlan
16. Middlesboro
17. Red Bird
^^^^
Much better. :Thumbs:
1. Williamsburg
2.Whitley
3. Clay
4. SL
5.Corbin
Topnotch has been drinking and posting all day.
:drooling:
I think North would be great competitors in the 13th region if the big men stopped playing soft like they always do and play an aggressive game. I sat at the South game and watched at least 14 shots that north could have blocked.. Norths defense needs a lot of work. Peyton Broughton has got there scoring and offense down pat but offense isn't just going to win the game neither is putting the team on Broughtons shoulders and relying on him to win the game. I think Broughton is a great player and a great competitor only if the rest of the team would be that way and play aggressive like him. I also think Griebel and Adam sizemore are great players who also play aggressive.. They are probably the next 2 best players on the team. Jeffers has had some pretty impressive games too. I think if you sat rice and Asher out a game and put sizemore in to start and someone else. North would start winning. I think they both play stupid and weak when they are two of the biggest players in the 13th region and should use it to their advantage but they don't. I think sizemore really needs to think about trying a new defense strategy or this team that has the potential to be so good won't make it to region.. Like last year.
North has so many issues i dont know if Phil Jackson could help them. However they have took some very nice photos at the airport and in Las Vegas and such. And they do keep very up to date social media profiles.
BrokenArrow Wrote:North has so many issues i dont know if Phil Jackson could help them. However they have took some very nice photos at the airport and in Las Vegas and such. And they do keep very up to date social media profiles.

Yeah but they have potential to be good if they would just work on defense. They have probably the best player in the region on their team.
Best player are you kidding me? Best player would consist of someone that does more than shoot 28 shots a game. Game is played on both ends. And alot of this teams problems lie in your so called best player in the region. Come on man. Best player in region does not have a 6-10 record.
1. Clay Co.
2. Williamsburg
3. South Laurel
4. Knox Central
5. Harlan Co.
6. Whitley Co.
7. Jackson Co.
8. Corbin
9. Barbourville
10. OBI
11. North Laurel
12. Pineville
13. Bell Co.
14. Lynn Camp
15. Middlesbrough
16. Harlan
17. Red Bird
I though the 13th was really A strong region this year however, I think maybe why they looked so good, anybody could beat anybody they do not have A dominating team, and they seem to be matched up well, I am not mutch on BB but, it looks that you are going to see A bunch of upsets and different players leading the fight not, the usual guys, even though Farmer is starting to be consistant, I think he is going to be the stability that may carry CC through the tournament, I believe that my team the Burg has the ability to beat any team in the 13th, however they are going to have to play like they have never played before just to get out of their district, I am beginning to believe the 13th we are going to be well balanced with no real dominating power house.
North Laurel could change that and South Laurel keeps getting better with every team they play. I will say again that I know very little about BB but, things have not settled in the 13th about every team will have A honest shot at going to Rupp.
64SUR Wrote:my new top 10 :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

1. Williamssburg 12-0 ( This is my ranking only )
2. Clay County ( I know, I know )
3. Whitley County 12-4 ( its your lucky week )
4. South Laurel 9-6 ( move up one spot )
5. Harlan County 11-7 ( Going to the region )
6. Knox County 10-7 ( bad showing in the wymt )
7. Corbin 10-5 ( another lost to williamsburg )
8. Barbourville 11-6 ( looking better )
9. Pineville 11-6
10 Jackson County 9-8
11 North Laurel 6-10 ( I still have hope )

My Sleeper team OBI 5-7 ( This is know joke folks )

I know everybody getting tired of my top 10

1. Williamsnburg 13-0 ( Who wants some ) Confusednicker:
2. Clay County 17-3
3. Whitley County 14-4 ( feel luuky after the bell game )
4. Harlan County 11-7 ( record stay the same )
5. Knox Central 11-7
6. South Laurel 9-7
7. Barbourville 13-5
8. Corbin 11-6
9. Pineville 11-7
10. Jackson County 10-8

Moving North Laurel with OBI as my sleeper team one of these team will be playing in the region...I think Confusedhh:
does the NL Clay district seed? If so NL or Clay 1 could not even make region. Does 4 vs 5 winner play 1.
1. Clay County ( very rough stretch of games coming up against top tier competition)
2. Williamsburg ( will have their chance to prove they are for real in the All A state)
3. South Laurel
4. Whitley County
5. Knox Central
6. Corbin
7. Jackson County
8. Barboursville
9. Harlan County
10. Pineville

I'm still not a believer in Williamsburg but when they play a good team in the All A state then I may change my mind. And I suspect North to begin to turn their season around this week. And Clay enters the Murders row part of their schedule if they finish out the regular season with less than 4 more losses I will be shocked.
Yes they seed. And right now North is the 4 seed but I suspect that to change in the next couple weeks I really think they will end up with the 3.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Yes they seed. And right now North is the 4 seed but I suspect that to change in the next couple weeks I really think they will end up with the 3.

I think north will finish 3rd also. :HitWall:
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next