Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Who are the early favorites to win the 13th region?
Wide open region
Knox and Clay should be the favorites, but several other teams are capable of being pretty good if everything comes together.
Clay
With the new coaching change Knox should win the region this year!
Knox, North, Williamsburg, Clay, Corbin and South will be good. South getting the big kid will help. Corbin is so well-coached.
So with that said, Corbin wins it.
Wolverine Wrote:Who are the early favorites to win the 13th region?

Never count Corbin out as long as Tony P is coaching.
I'm going with CC as my favorite.
Corbin and Knox are close seconds.
The rest is a pretty tight bundle.
Teams had better not :zzz:on Williamsburg tho.
:rockon:
Since Gut is in football mode, I will defend Whitley a little.
I don't know how they are being counted out among the 50th teams.
Whitley split with Corbin in the regular season last year and lost by 2 at Corbin in the district tourney.
Whitley lost by 4 and 1 to South Laurel. Whitley split with Williamsburg.

Corbin and South lose three starters each. Whitley loses one. I'd probably give Corbin and South the edge too at this point, and Williamsburg with a senior-dominated team, but I definitely think Whitley is in the conversation.
HDE Wrote:Since Gut is in football mode, I will defend Whitley a little.
I don't know how they are being counted out among the 50th teams.
Whitley split with Corbin in the regular season last year and lost by 2 at Corbin in the district tourney.
Whitley lost by 4 and 1 to South Laurel. Whitley split with Williamsburg.

Corbin and South lose three starters each. Whitley loses one. I'd probably give Corbin and South the edge too at this point, and Williamsburg with a senior-dominated team, but I definitely think Whitley is in the conversation.
I saw both Corbin games with Whitley last year and saw the 50th district tournament. It will be a big mistake to overlook or underestimate Whitley.
Looking forward to seeing how Knox Central's new coach does in the 13th. It won't be the same as New Mexico, that's for sure, and I ain't even talking about the strategy or athletes!
I saw smith and farmer recently and it looked like smith has put on about 10lbs of muscle and farmer has lost about 20lbs. Those two alone may make things pretty tough on the rest of the region. I'm more confident in my earlier pick. The smith kid also told me he was at a camp when CC played Corbin this summer. That explains the loss IMO. :rockon:
CLAY
Until someone dethrones them, it's theres to lose.:argue:
I agree clay until someone knocks them off.
Talked to the legend...coach Keith and he said he was at open gym and that Smith was as good as anyone in the state. Unstoppable if he gets to the paint or in the open court. He also said he was shooting the three really well. CC could be top 3 in mountains if this is true. Everyone could be playing for 2nd in the 13th.
:worthy
I've never understood the "it's theres until someone knocks them off" logic.
I agree Clay will be one of the top teams, but what they did last year doesn't get them any wins this year.
Clay is clear favorite. Corbin will be very dangerous. We will see how KC does with new coach. Williamsburg with Massey will be better.
will be a year to remember in the 13th region especially in the 50th district at this moment idk who will come out of it, knox still has question marks if they have the determination to make that push to rupp. as of right now Clay co, Knox, corbin
Quote:I've never understood the "it's theres until someone knocks them off" logic.
I agree Clay will be one of the top teams, but what they did last year doesn't get them any wins this year.
Kinda like when we talk in baseball about all the returning players, especially pitchers. What that did last year doesn't mean a hill of beans this year!
- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...T639F.dpuf
My point last spring was that I didn't think Knox Central was mature enough yet to beat the big boys in the 13th Region.
Clay County has four basketball players with a very good track record and they deserve to be No. 1 or No. 2 coming into the season but last year's championship doesn't guarantee them one this year, just like North's didn't guarantee them another championship in baseball.
Knox should be the favorite because they return everyone......However Knox has yet to prove anything come post season time. With that being said....my early pick goes to the boys in black...CCHS will be cutting down the nets at the arena and will be marching on to Rupp. JMO!!
Count Wrote:I saw smith and farmer recently and it looked like smith has put on about 10lbs of muscle and farmer has lost about 20lbs. Those two alone may make things pretty tough on the rest of the region. I'm more confident in my earlier pick. The smith kid also told me he was at a camp when CC played Corbin this summer. That explains the loss IMO. :rockon:

I have seen Smith this summer to and played against him. This kid has D-1 talent. I really don't think anyone in the 13th region could play with him 1 on 1......I have witnessed him use and abuse former tiger greats this summer. I heard from some other people that Farmer was looking really good to....and I also heard that House has improved a lot to......We may be a smaller team this year but it is going to be a fun year to watch......and to think Smith and Farmer will be back the following year.....WOW!!!!!
anybody know anything about bell this year
Whitley desperately needs to keep the momentum they have. Winning a couple of district titles will go a long way.
50th will be very even. Any one of the four teams could win it. My money is on Corbin. Whitley was very competitive last year and will be better this year. Massey makes Williamsburg a much more athletic team. South always has players but has underachieved since Roscoe left.
If Baxter isn't playing, South will have a tough time being a regional contender, even though you know they have enough talent to be dangerous. Williamsburg will probably start slow again with most of the team playing football very late, probably in Bowling Green. Whitley got as much as they could out of their talent last year but didn't look quite as good over the summer. Corbin has the best starting five but not a lot of depth.

I don't think they mind, but Harlan County is being forgotten. They were very competitive with both KC and Corbin this summer and didn't have Caldwell and Miller was just getting back. They had two of the region's best freshmen last year and may have the best freshmen class this year.
HDE Wrote:If Baxter isn't playing, South will have a tough time being a regional contender, even though you know they have enough talent to be dangerous. Williamsburg will probably start slow again with most of the team playing football very late, probably in Bowling Green. Whitley got as much as they could out of their talent last year but didn't look quite as good over the summer. Corbin has the best starting five but not a lot of depth.

I don't think they mind, but Harlan County is being forgotten. They were very competitive with both KC and Corbin this summer and didn't have Caldwell and Miller was just getting back. They had two of the region's best freshmen last year and may have the best freshmen class this year.

Whitley probably didn't look as good over the summer because some of them decided to play football.
They can do both in June.
Williamsburg even had everybody there for basketball and that's pretty much the entire backfield.
I saw Whitley four or five times. They were all there - Woods, Sasko, Crisologo, Barton, Petrey and both Johnsons. That was pretty much the rotation. Whitley actually had the largest roster I saw in the summer.
I think they will be good, at least in the top eight, if not top five.
baxter wil not play, south has picked up some good athletes that have not played in awhile but will help. I actually think they will be a better team this year. zach allen and daniel neal will help alot by mid season. neal is dunking the crap out of it will help on boards and def. zach is a big strong kid and not been out as long as neal. them along with adding the big kid I think you will see a diff team with alot better chemistry
I do believe South will have better chemistry and will be as good if not better than last year but I think they are still a few years away from contending for the region.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18