Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
anybody heard anything about bell county this year
Right now the Indiana transfers transcripts are on hold, more than likely will be ineligible. Although, a new player has arose from the high school. Middlesboro high school senior Nick Shoffner takes the court in hopes to improve the team. He is a big body ranging at 6'7 and around 315. Hes a rebounder and has a great outside jumper. His dunks are unequivocal direct hits.... through the net.
Middlesboro looks like there in top 3 in region this year! Just saying wait and see.
If Middlesboro wins 10 games this year, coach Shackleford could be coach of the year in the region. They lost a lot.
Baconator Wrote:Middlesboro looks like there in top 3 in region this year! Just saying wait and see.

Who is top 2?
HCS Wrote:If Middlesboro wins 10 games this year, coach Shackleford could be coach of the year in the region. They lost a lot.
If this coach will play he best players and not go by who you are crap that Middlesboro in known for, should have a decent season. Major Edwards will be the best player on the court joined with Robbins, these two will be tough.
Mcdouble Wrote:Right now the Indiana transfers transcripts are on hold, more than likely will be ineligible. Although, a new player has arose from the high school. Middlesboro high school senior Nick Shoffner takes the court in hopes to improve the team. He is a big body ranging at 6'7 and around 315. Hes a rebounder and has a great outside jumper. His dunks are unequivocal direct hits.... through the net.
:biglmao:
Number One Fan Wrote:If this coach will play he best players and not go by who you are crap that Middlesboro in known for, should have a decent season. Major Edwards will be the best player on the court joined with Robbins, these two will be tough.

What "best players" didn't play the last five years?
I'd say Hale is the best player back from what I saw last year, but they did lose five of their top seven and won only seven or eight games last season.
time and place bud?
you're all gonna get spanked by Middlesboro. These boys are ready to play the game of basketball. They will put the ball in the hoop many times a game.
Mcdouble Wrote:time and place bud?

I think Middlesboro plays its first game on Dec. 4 against McCreary Central.
I've got some bad news for ya! Going back to North Laurel adding Coulier. They've got all the size and talent that they need to win the 13th, but I'm sticking with the Tigers!

Also, heard Jackson lost in a close one to Pulaski last night, had a four point lead late and turned it over three straight times. Hammons and Lawson is going to have to carry the Generals all season.
Count Wrote:I'm going with CC as my favorite.
Corbin and Knox are close seconds.
The rest is a pretty tight bundle.
Teams had better not :zzz:on Williamsburg tho.
:rockon:

How dumb are you?
WildcatFan97 Wrote:How dumb are you?

Answered this question already
HCS Wrote:What "best players" didn't play the last five years?
I'd say Hale is the best player back from what I saw last year, but they did lose five of their top seven and won only seven or eight games last season.
We are talking new coach here. Forgot about Hale, still don't think he is as good as Edwards. Have heard the Robbins kid is very good. He did not play last year. I don't think Middlesboro does enough recruiting kids to play basketball. It's like they don't look at skill and strength as well as they should. Two very different concepts, but they need both.
We will be 500 on the season... Hopefully
Boys and girls will both struggle, but will have better team come tournament
My early top 5 teams rank.

1. Clay County ( team to beat right now )
2. Knox county central
3. North Laurel
4. Harlan County
5. Williamsburg
Mcdouble Wrote:Right now the Indiana transfers transcripts are on hold, more than likely will be ineligible. Although, a new player has arose from the high school. Middlesboro high school senior Nick Shoffner takes the court in hopes to improve the team. He is a big body ranging at 6'7 and around 315. Hes a rebounder and has a great outside jumper. His dunks are unequivocal direct hits.... through the net.

6'7" reallyConfusednicker:
If the new guy at KNOX can coach a lick the Panthers have to be #1 with Clay Corbin & North scrambling for 2. I'll withhold my official ranking until the season starts, this is just a teaser,
^ just read on another site that KC didn't look that impressive against Harlan.
I haven't watched them myself tho.
CC with Smith and Farmer and with Marcum calling the plays I have to stick with Clay. :rockon:
I'm also glad to see 64 starting to see clearly again.
heard north got beat by bryan station pretty bad last night. Heard north was down 74-47 late n game. Anybody got any info?
South lost to SK last night 70-57. South was up 33-30 at half
Just a guess but I'd say BS played at a fast pace and NL couldn't keep up. Any indivisible stats?
Individual
Count Wrote:^ just read on another site that KC didn't look that impressive against Harlan.
I haven't watched them myself tho.
CC with Smith and Farmer and with Marcum calling the plays I have to stick with Clay. :rockon:
I'm also glad to see 64 starting to see clearly again.

I like North Laurel schudule....Just having flashback if Trey Farmer is going to play point guard....:pondering:
I don't know who is playing where but I do know Smith and Farmer r gonna kill teams this year. In practice Smith is shooting over 50% from behind the arc and spending a lot of time above the square. Farmer is shooting over 50% also and has a sweet turn around jumper at the free throw line. Now that's a flashback.
What's the story on Barger and Adams? Neither was dressed out for the scrimmage. Barger wasn't even sitting with the team.
I'm afraid I've got some bad news for ya! If Trey is playing point and Smith has improved his jumper. I'm not sure anyone in the 13th can guard them. House and Wolfe can't be forgotten either. Experience is already there for Clays big 3. They will be able to spread the floor like corbin did last year. Not sure anyone can guard them man. Best chance is to slow them down and limit turnovers.
Shackleford is a proven coach. He puts out tough defensive teams that take
good shots. He won the all A at Hazard with that sort of team. He plays the guys
will play that style. Some Hazard parents disapproved; he was gone the next year.
I don't think Shackleford has coached anywhere but Middlesboro.
I think Lewis Morris coached there for a short time. He's the coach at Bell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18