•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals
sorry gator, it is what it is. i asked at the very beginning if sv threw the ball a lot, if they did, they could beat ncc. I'm not making excuses at all, please read my posts more carefully. i realize the illiteracy rate is high in ur part of the state. sorry, couldn't resist. I've said many many times, they are not good, and as bad as they r, they r still 3-4 tds better than the other east teams. I'm judging this on the past 4 ncc teams and against cal and desalles. lets be honest about something, ur players stats r very inflated. if smith and co. played bishop brossart, 7 times he would have 2000 yards rushing. you have played a very weak schedule. as i said before, if sv played, dixie (6A semis), cooper (5A semis), Simon Kenton (just lost to dixie), Beechwood (1A semis) and Campbell County (6A school), I'm pretty sure ur kids may be dead at this time. j/k, but they would have got beaten by those schools 70-0 in all the games. its great that ur passionate, but u are looking at this with a very biased view.
As the week goes on I'm starting to pull more and more for Shelby Valley. We all know Rowe and Tackett are ranked high in 2A in rushing and Shelby Valley as a whole is ranked second in rushing, averaging over 300 yards a game. NCC isn't even ranked in the top 15 in rushing defence, giving up over 170 yards a game. Their rushing defence is weak. Shelby Valley doesn't need to pass to win. They need to run to pass. I'm thinking Valley wins 30-22.
So with your thinking Rowe and Tackett will have very limited yardage. You do realize that they have put those numbers up against 10 defensive players in the box, right? I see why so many people are against NCC.
One of the most exciting runs for my school (usually considered a basketball tradition). This group of boys have in one season, changed the pride in football at Shelby Valley. No matter the outcome, no one can take away what has already been accomplished for these fans, this community, and these players. With that being said, I do feel like this will be a very good game. NCC seems to have good speed and good athletes but Valley has displayed some intangible things that do not show up on stat sheets. Should provide for a great game.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.tristatefootball.com/articles...cleid=6420

Nice article, on both teams, from tristate football.
Nice article! Thanks for sharing! Well tomorrow is the night! All of the talking and comments will be thrown out the window as our boys take the field of battle. I'm praying for an injury free game on both sides and I know these boys will give it their all!

Shelby Valley - 28
Newport Central Catholic - 20
Hope that both teams have a injury free game. Safe travels to NCC and welcome to this end of the state. Gotta take SV in a close game. Pond Creek Nation is pulling for ya.
Thanks AnotherPirateTD. Same over here . Hoping to be with the Pirates in BG. Good luck
I was surprised how bad Cooper beat NCC earlier this year and I didn't think NCC had a very good team. I agree that NCC doesn't have a outstanding regular season/playoff win. With that being said if NCC wins this game it will prove how weak EKY football is this year. NKY could have 5 teams playing for a state title this year.
Onespiritedfan Wrote:http://www.tristatefootball.com/articles...cleid=6420

Nice article, on both teams, from tristate football.

That was a nice article. Very fair, and for anyone who doesn't want to click the link, he predicted NewCath to win 26-22.

Much different than the running clock, 3-4 touchdown victory for NCC that has been predicted on this thread...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bc Cooper is terrible? Beginning of the year is just that. Has nobody paid attention to NewCath before this year? This isn't a new script.
chipmunksyndrome Wrote:As the week goes on I'm starting to pull more and more for Shelby Valley. We all know Rowe and Tackett are ranked high in 2A in rushing and Shelby Valley as a whole is ranked second in rushing, averaging over 300 yards a game. NCC isn't even ranked in the top 15 in rushing defence, giving up over 170 yards a game. Their rushing defence is weak. Shelby Valley doesn't need to pass to win. They need to run to pass. I'm thinking Valley wins 30-22.

Seriously?? You are basing your prediction off of where teams rank in 2A stats? Weak rush defenSe. Guess we will see. Put up or shut up in less than 21 hours.
NDFOTBALLJUNKIE Wrote:Do u guys know how IGNORANT u sound on a blog board!!!! U hide behind your little fake avatars and talk shit about kids, because u can't handle that someone has a fan base other than you guys! Typical, everybody in 2A wants to see NCC go down, well I'm here to tell you guys believe it or not there is NOTHING SV can throw at NCC that they haven't seen already. Excuses we make none, look through the games we lost and show any excuses that were made on here when we lost, u will not find any and Friday night, if we lose there still won't be any!!! Get a grip, realize that the kids get on these ridiculous sites and read ur GARBAGE!!!!

Have you even read the rest of this thread? There has only been one team disrespected on here, and that is team from Pike County. No one has talked any CRAP about any kids on NewCath. SV, on the other hand, has been told in no uncertain terms that they don't even belong on the same field as NCC.

So you're right, there has been some garbage on here that kids may have read. So why don't you tell some (not all) of your fans to cool it? That's the only source of garbage I have seen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great post ^^^
30 going on 40 Wrote:Seriously?? You are basing your prediction off of where teams rank in 2A stats? Weak rush defenSe. Guess we will see. Put up or shut up in less than 21 hours.

Well my prediction is also based off seeing Shelby Valley play several times this year as well but if you want to go based off of stats in general then I'll be happy to do that too. Shelby Valley is 8th overall in the state in rushing offence, Chandler Rowe is 15th overall and I'm sure Tackett isn't far behind. I wonder what NCC's defence ranks in the state. Looking at the figures and reading some of the posts, their defence seems to be their weakest link.

As far as the defense/defence thing, it's the same word with a different spelling. Just like color/colour, neighbour/neighbor, theater/theatre, and several other words. It's a matter of preference. The English language is a funny one like that.

Anyway, nearly game time! I'm excited. Best of luck and safe travels for both teams!
Valley by 3 all the way 18-15
Home field advantage for valley so it's turf and they will have the running game down pat
I don't understand the whole "disrespected" thing. Its a prediction in score and nothing else. Not once have I read where a poster said anything negative about a particular player, and I applaud that. Would you feel better about losing by a hundered or just 1? Either way its a loss and I don't care too much for moral victories.
chasekaty Wrote:All you Blackcats fans,you all are more than welcome to come and support our WILDCATS

You have this Blackcat Fans support, and many others.

Kick some ass tonight Wildcats!!!!!!!!!! Confusedinglepar
chipmunksyndrome Wrote:Well my prediction is also based off seeing Shelby Valley play several times this year as well but if you want to go based off of stats in general then I'll be happy to do that too. Shelby Valley is 8th overall in the state in rushing offence, Chandler Rowe is 15th overall and I'm sure Tackett isn't far behind. I wonder what NCC's defence ranks in the state. Looking at the figures and reading some of the posts, their defence seems to be their weakest link.

As far as the defense/defence thing, it's the same word with a different spelling. Just like color/colour, neighbour/neighbor, theater/theatre, and several other words. It's a matter of preference. The English language is a funny one like that.

Anyway, nearly game time! I'm excited. Best of luck and safe travels for both teams!

What I meant is, I never look at where teams are in statewide stats b/c many times that's a product of who they played. I'm not sure that NewCath has ever had a top 10 defense in 2A, b/c, to be honest, many of the 2A teams play terrible teams during the regular season and NewCath doesn't. Those AA schools can't help but build huge stats. Look at Owensboro Catholic. They annually average 45pts+ per game during the regular season. Look at Johnson Central, every year they look like an absolute juggernaut statistically, then they run in to Highlands or CovCath and stats go out the window. If you haven't been challenged and had your weaknesses exposed, I don't see how you can get better. It is great running for 300 yards a game, but if you can't pass it consistently at key moments, then you will get beat by teams that can get ahead. If it isn't NewCath, it will be De Sales.
Here is my breakdown for the game tonight. NCC has a very good offense, they throw it nicely and they have a couple good playmakers. Offensive line is pretty good. I definitely give NCC the edge with special teams. Valley of course is a bruising offense, it's smash mouth football, no frills and they have been very effective in doing this. Here is where I give Valley the edge, Defense! I think NCC's defense is a little suspect, and I think Valley will wear them down as the game goes on. My prediction:

Valley-15
NCC-14

In overtime!
Pulling for Shelby Valley tonight..
30 going on 40 Wrote:What I meant is, I never look at where teams are in statewide stats b/c many times that's a product of who they played. I'm not sure that NewCath has ever had a top 10 defense in 2A, b/c, to be honest, many of the 2A teams play terrible teams during the regular season and NewCath doesn't. Those AA schools can't help but build huge stats. Look at Owensboro Catholic. They annually average 45pts+ per game during the regular season. Look at Johnson Central, every year they look like an absolute juggernaut statistically, then they run in to Highlands or CovCath and stats go out the window. If you haven't been challenged and had your weaknesses exposed, I don't see how you can get better. It is great running for 300 yards a game, but if you can't pass it consistently at key moments, then you will get beat by teams that can get ahead. If it isn't NewCath, it will be De Sales.

I tend to agree with you there. Like you said, you can't really compare statewide stat rankings because of the difference in schedules. NewCath played a much more challenging schedule, so their seasonwide stats SHOULD be worse than Valley's. I imagine that if SV had also played NCC's schedule, then their stats would probably be very similar to each other.

The thing is, there's really no way to directly compare the two teams. They have no common opponents, and any other score comparisons involve multiple degrees of separation and are unreliable. I will point out that the statewide ratings systems (LIT, Calpreps) do seem to think the two teams are very similar.

Most predictions on here are thinking NewCath will win, some by large margins. Why is that, when there's no real way to compare them? Likely it's because everybody assumes that NCC is better because they're from northern KY and SV is from eastern KY, and that's just the way it is. And they're probably correct. But we really don't know for sure until they get out there tonight and see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I don't understand the whole "disrespected" thing. Its a prediction in score and nothing else. Not once have I read where a poster said anything negative about a particular player, and I applaud that. Would you feel better about losing by a hundered or just 1? Either way its a loss and I don't care too much for moral victories.

I'm not really saying Valley has been disrespected on here (other than the one poster that was poking fun at SV's kicker). Like you said, it's just score predictions. If someone thinks Valley's going to get blown out, then that's their opinion and they have a right to think that way.

My post was in response to a NewCath fan on here who claimed people had been talking crap and posting garbage about NCC's players in this thread. My point was that if either team had reason to claim they were being disrespected, it's Valley.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Williamsburg fans is supporting Shelby Valley football team. Good luck tonight. :Cheerlead
NCC rolls.

NCC 42
SV 7
Sam, do you really think the valley can play them that close?
no weather, no turnovers. ncc wins 35-7. it is football, and they do have dave schneider calling the plays, so anything is possible.
you guys just dont know. even last season, desalles was supposed to be this unbeatable team. they won by 8 points and they didnt beat us running the ball. they threw it. the 2013 team was better offensively and defensively than this ncc team. franzen was able to run and we were able to win in spite of poor play calling. if not for a phantom block in the back on a KOR for a td............
Anyone know if this game will be broadcast on t.v or streamed on a website, i wont be able to make it out to the game sadly.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next