• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals
Thoughts?
SV by 6.
Ehhh..... For now, I'll say Newport Central Catholic by 20. I'm sure I'll change my mind as the week advances.
NCC is on a roll right now. Listen.....the Somerset posters know what SV is up against(last couple of years) and its not pretty. NCC has had a tough schedule all year long and most have written them off. Take a long look at the regional championships and who played in them by class. NCC played all of them except for Highlands and CovCath, so this team is battle tested. SV should be glad they are in this position, they deserve it, but NCC is going to crush them. This game will get ugly fast and will be a running clock.
SV has made me a believer and if NCC wins it will be close.
I'm pulling for Valley. Go guys, and represent the mountains well.
I want on the bandwagon Shelby Valley.....:please:
too bad your wagon is going to run into a BIG pothole called NCC.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:NCC is on a roll right now. Listen.....the Somerset posters know what SV is up against(last couple of years) and its not pretty. NCC has had a tough schedule all year long and most have written them off. Take a long look at the regional championships and who played in them by class. NCC played all of them except for Highlands and CovCath, so this team is battle tested. SV should be glad they are in this position, they deserve it, but NCC is going to crush them. This game will get ugly fast and will be a running clock.

ding ding ding !!!

Didn't think it would take long for an NCC "running clock" call... :1:

If Valley doesn't have a letdown next Friday (hope not, but it wouldn't be unheard of for a team winning close in regional and 1st time to semi-state), NCC will be in for a tussle. The Wildcats are a hard-nosed bunch.
ncc and desales in BG!
oneijoe Wrote:ding ding ding !!!

Didn't think it would take long for an NCC "running clock" call... :1:

If Valley doesn't have a letdown next Friday (hope not, but it wouldn't be unheard of for a team winning close in regional and 1st time to semi-state), NCC will be in for a tussle. The Wildcats are a hard-nosed bunch.

1iJ, shouldn't you be licking your wounds right now? I'm sure SV in hard nosed but next week they get a lesson. I'm not trying to be harsh, just truthful.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:NCC is on a roll right now. Listen.....the Somerset posters know what SV is up against(last couple of years) and its not pretty. NCC has had a tough schedule all year long and most have written them off. Take a long look at the regional championships and who played in them by class. NCC played all of them except for Highlands and CovCath, so this team is battle tested. SV should be glad they are in this position, they deserve it, but NCC is going to crush them. This game will get ugly fast and will be a running clock.

SV has only allowed one team to go for more than 30 against them all year (and that was still a game SV won in a shootout). I will be thoroughly shocked if there is a running clock in this game.

That said, I am perfectly fine with Valley as the underdog. They weren't supposed to finish better than third in the district, but they won it. They were supposed to be a first-round playoff knockout, but they beat Somerset. They were supposed to lose to LCA, but they won. And tonight, nobody figured they would beat a traditional power like Prestonsburg, but they did.

So go ahead, underestimate Shelby Valley. You won't be the first.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:SV has only allowed one team to go for more than 30 against them all year (and that was still a game SV won in a shootout). I will be thoroughly shocked if there is a running clock in this game.

That said, I am perfectly fine with Valley as the underdog. They weren't supposed to finish better than third in the district, but they won it. They were supposed to be a first-round playoff knockout, but they beat Somerset. They were supposed to lose to LCA, but they won. And tonight, nobody figured they would beat a traditional power like Prestonsburg, but they did.

0-10 somerset
Was LCA even 500 this year
Traditional power, was does that mean? :please:
strawberryshakeman Wrote:0-10 somerset

Despite finishing 0-10, Somerset was just a few points away from winning their district. LCA was 6-5 prior to losing to Shelby Valley. And if I have to explain what a traditional power is to you, well then that's too bad.

Since we're critiquing wins tonight, what good wins does NCC have this year, other than Newport? Doesn't look like much.

But you guys sure did get thumped by some A-listers, I'll give you that. Good for your RPI. :Clap:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ShtrawberryShortcake has allowed someone access to her account, or she has gone on a serious drinking binge, because she is attacking everything tonight - You go girl, get yourself some! :eyeroll: You will feel like crap in the morning though - and the SV fans are hopeful you feel just as bad next Saturday morning!

[Image: http://dishingbitches.com/wp-content/upl...rtcake.png]
Stardust Wrote:ShtrawberryShortcake has allowed someone access to her account, or she has gone on a serious drinking binge, because she is attacking everything tonight - You go girl, get yourself some! :eyeroll: You will feel like crap in the morning though - and the SV fans are hopeful you feel just as bad next Saturday morning!

Confusednicker:
Valley 21-14
Stardust Wrote:ShtrawberryShortcake has allowed someone access to her account, or she has gone on a serious drinking binge, because she is attacking everything tonight - You go girl, get yourself some! :eyeroll: You will feel like crap in the morning though - and the SV fans are hopeful you feel just as bad next Saturday morning!

:biglmao:

Bring it Strawberry Wine

Valley is playing with house money
The great and almighty Stardouche has spoken! I look good in that picture, I'm glad you kept it after all these years.
Valley is a tough group. Their style of play alone won't allow for a running clock. I don't know much about NCC this year, based on what they have coming back from our last few meetings with them I expect them to be pretty good, and EKY teams usually have trouble with NKY teams for whatever reason. I speak from plenty of experience.

All that said NCC fans don't overlook this valley team, theyre effective at what they do, have a great d line, and big physical players all over the field. They have deceivingly good speed in the skill as well.
SV Cinderella run come to a screeching halt.

NCC 38
SV 14
This will be a close game. I don't know how NCC's run defense is but it's going to have to play an amazing game either way. Same goes for Valley's D. If they can bend like they did against the Blackcats and keep NCC out of the end zone, you have yourself another helluva game. I'm going with NCC though. I think the pressure gets to SV and they lose 28-24.
This is not your vintage NCC team or even close to it, but SV still has a very tall task at hand.

I am pulling for a SV upset but my fear is Valley simply doesn't have the balance needed to beat a team the caliber of NCC and their defense will struggle with NCC's precision.

NewCath 31
Valley 20
Ncc
I really would love to see Shelby Valley win, but they lose in a close one 14 to 12
More Cowbell Wrote:SV has only allowed one team to go for more than 30 against them all year (and that was still a game SV won in a shootout). I will be thoroughly shocked if there is a running clock in this game.

When did prestonsburg become a traditional power? Lol
I guess this thread would be better named if it read, which one of these 2 want to be state runners up.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:1iJ, shouldn't you be licking your wounds right now? I'm sure SV in hard nosed but next week they get a lesson. I'm not trying to be harsh, just truthful.

lol... Don't need to "lick" my wounds - I'm old enough to have FAR bigger scars than my team losing a game (even a regional championship game).

I don't mean to be harsh either. I know you simply can't help yourself in saying NewCath will put a "running clock" on Valley, whether you truly believe it or not. You ARE from the Cincy metro area, after all. Smile

Confusednicker:
  • 1(current)
  • Next