•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tigers 2015
Whole line is back. everybody in backfield is back. most of the defense is back. All depends on who the Rams can get to play the QB posistion. Most people thought our team was all Messer but to be honest in most games he was a Decoy. He was doubled most games. I'm glad Paintsville is Back in our district where they belong. Same kind of program as Raceland. Small school with kids that play thier A$$E$ off till the final buzzer sounds.
Redneck Wrote:What does Raceland have returning Scotty?

Will will more than likely be far less balanced, atleast early on in the year for '15. We will loose our QB and almost our entire secondary and WR corps.

Offensively, We will return around 2,000 yards and around 30 TDs between Snyder, Christian, and Walker. We will also return all but our center on the offensive line. But we will will be new and possibly young at QB I would say Damon Black (big arm and strong runner, but kind of short) will be there. The only returning WR we have will be Austin Howard. Nick Caldwell will be a big player for us next year though, very ellusive and hard to bring down in the slot, he fould challenge for the QB job as well. I look for us to be more ground and pound because our OL will have 1 3 year starter, 2 two year starters/roatation guys, and only 1 new face on the line. We have some late bloomers in that group as well. The Soph class this year is loaded with smash mouth football players.

Defensively, we will lose all but Christian(SS) and Howard (Nickel CB). But our front 7 remains complete. Our question marks are the opposite from what they were at the start of this season.

I like. paintsvilles schedule for next year. it will prepare then well for the Playoffs. Lord knows we all need atleast a few big atmosphere games because all 3 of us will be significantly better than everyone in the 1st round and more than likely 2 of the 3 of us sill meet in the 2nd round and possibly the 3rd as well.
Pikeville will be in Hazard/Wburg regionnext year. I fully expect our district to run the table in the region over the next few years unless Bishop Brossart starts turning the corner again. Raceland will have issues with the secondary losing both corners in Youg and Dixon, as well as Messer at FS. Those three are close to 50 career INTs as a group if im not mistaken. If Fairview replaces their WR well enough and their Line improves, coupled with what all Paintsville returns, our district will be a battleground. We will be really hard to run against though. We will have 2 and 3 year starters in or front seven from now until 2016. There's a crop of tallent, dare I say 2 or 3 kids with Messer's skill set, that will be Freshman. Ram football looks good for quite awhile, tbh.
Eagle84 Wrote:I did go back and re-read your original post and not only did you use the COULD you also linked it with the work REALISTICALLY. In no way “COULD” Paintsville “REALISTICALLY” go undefeated with the same schedule. If you want to change the work to OPTIMISTICALLY then I would agree with youth.

If Paintsville’s football schedule for 2015 is made up of 1. Pikeville, Loss 2. SV, Toss UP 3. Raceland, Loss, 4. Fairview, Toss up (I think Paintsville wins), 5. Williamsburg Loss, 6. Frankfort Loss, 7. SC win, 8. Harlan win, 9. LCA Toss up, and 10 Morgan County win, 3 Wins, 4 Loss and 3 Toss up’s. Your word “Realistically” Regular season Paintsville is looking at a 5-5 or 6-4 record. Throw in 2 playoff wins and the loss to Raceland and the “Realistically record is 8-5 or 7-5 season.

We were talking about if they kept the same schedule that hey had this year, not next years schedule. Next years schedule is gonna be tough, no doubt about it. Not sure why you are positive that Paintsville will lose to Pikeville.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Pikeville will be in Hazard/Wburg regionnext year. I fully expect our district to run the table in the region over the next few years unless Bishop Brossart starts turning the corner again. Raceland will have issues with the secondary losing both corners in Youg and Dixon, as well as Messer at FS. Those three are close to 50 career INTs as a group if im not mistaken. If Fairview replaces their WR well enough and their Line improves, coupled with what all Paintsville returns, our district will be a battleground. We will be really hard to run against though. We will have 2 and 3 year starters in or front seven from now until 2016. There's a crop of tallent, dare I say 2 or 3 kids with Messer's skill set, that will be Freshman. Ram football looks good for quite awhile, tbh.

Pikeville and Hazard will be in our region next year. I posted the alignment earlier in the thread. Since we only have 3 teams in our district, the 5th place team from Pikeville district will play as a 4th place team from our district.
Redneck Wrote:Pikeville and Hazard will be in our region next year. I posted the alignment earlier in the thread. Since we only have 3 teams in our district, the 5th place team from Pikeville district will play as a 4th place team from our district.

The current region alignment is like this, Region 1 (Districts 1 & 2), Region 2 (Districts 3 & 4), Region 3 (Districts 5 & 6) and Region 4 (Districts 7 & 8). Raceland, Paintsville and Fairview move from District 7 (Region 4) to District 6 (Region 3). This means Raceland, Paintsville and Fairview will no longer be in the same region as Pikeville, that is unless they go away from their current format and do something unorthodox.
Ramcat77 Wrote:The current region alignment is like this, Region 1 (Districts 1 & 2), Region 2 (Districts 3 & 4), Region 3 (Districts 5 & 6) and Region 4 (Districts 7 & 8). Raceland, Paintsville and Fairview move from District 7 (Region 4) to District 6 (Region 3). This means Raceland, Paintsville and Fairview will no longer be in the same region as Pikeville, that is unless they go away from their current format and do something unorthodox.

I don't have the list off the top of my head but where does this place our district Ram ?
The alignment for 2015-2018 is listed below.

Class 1A
District 1 – Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
District 2 –Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Caverna, Fort Knox
District 3 – Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
District 4 – Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 5 – Berea, Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris
District 6 – Fairview, Paintsville, Raceland
District 7 – Harlan, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg
District 8 – Hazard, Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
5th place team from District 8 as the 4th place in District 6 for playoff brackets
5th place team from District 5 will not advance to playoffs
Ramcat77 Wrote:The alignment for 2015-2018 is listed below.

Class 1A
5th place team from District 8 as the 4th place in District 6 for playoff brackets

I posted this earlier in the thread. Notice the bottom where it says 5th place from District 8 will play as 4th place team in District 6 in playoffs. I just assumed that meant we would still be in the same region.
What I don't understand is moving Nicholas to District 5, giving them 5 teams, leaving us with 3 teams. Makes no sense.
Ramcat77 Wrote:The alignment for 2015-2018 is listed below.

Class 1A

Looks like district 6 has a ticket to the semi finals every year. District 5 looks really weak
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redneck Wrote:I posted this earlier in the thread. Notice the bottom where it says 5th place from District 8 will play as 4th place team in District 6 in playoffs. I just assumed that meant we would still be in the same region.

Yea, well, that's the KHSAA for ya.
Jarons Wrote:Looks like district 6 has a ticket to the semi finals every year. District 5 looks really weak

Yea, Paris has looked a bit better in recent years, but I agree that district 6 should go to the semis each year.
Redneck Wrote:What I don't understand is moving Nicholas to District 5, giving them 5 teams, leaving us with 3 teams. Makes no sense.

here is some fuel to that fire. In 4A AND 5A they do the same thing. In 4A one district has 6 teams and another district has 5, in 1A they bump the bottom seed to another district for the playoffs. But in 4A if you come in last in the 5 team district, your are S.O.L. Similar situation in 5A.
thats crap if u ask me
Raceland will be the team to beat in the region. District 6 will have the top 3 teams in the region.
Redneck Wrote:We were talking about if they kept the same schedule that hey had this year, not next years schedule. Next years schedule is gonna be tough, no doubt about it. Not sure why you are positive that Paintsville will lose to Pikeville.

I would not say that I am "Positive" they are going to lose to Pikeville. But I would say 75% or great of a chance.
Eagle84 Wrote:I would not say that I am "Positive" they are going to lose to Pikeville. But I would say 75% or great of a chance.

Care to give your thoughts on why?
^Because Paintsville has beaten Pikeville 3 times in the last 30 years?:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote:^Because Paintsville has beaten Pikeville 3 times in the last 30 years?:devilflam

Even series record this year :ChairHit:
Who won the last one?
how much experience do the Tigers return upfront?
Redneck Wrote:Care to give your thoughts on why?

Paintsville is 1-19 against Pikeville since 1999 with a total point difference of 754 Pikeville to 298 Paintsville. The one win Paintsville had in the last 15 years was a 78 point swing most likely the greatest upset in Paintsville football history. For Paintsville to with against Pikeville it to the perfect storm of Paintsville playing well and Pikeville being over confidence and playing poorly.
This is a similar situation Belfry and Pikeville are in with this year Pikeville win.
The 2014 Pikeville Football Team lost more players to graduation in key roles than Paintsville. However, as Pikeville had demonstrated over the years they have much more depth and feel those positions with similar quality players. When you dress the small numbers that Paintsville dress replenishing the ranks is difficult if not impossible at times.
I was being optimistic when I gave the 75 % rating. The truth is that the chance of Paintsville winning again Pikeville in the next few years is much less.
How can anyone reach any other conclusion if they look at the facts?
Eagle84 Wrote:Paintsville is 1-19 against Pikeville since 1999 with a total point difference of 754 Pikeville to 298 Paintsville. The one win Paintsville had in the last 15 years was a 78 point swing most likely the greatest upset in Paintsville football history. For Paintsville to with against Pikeville it to the perfect storm of Paintsville playing well and Pikeville being over confidence and playing poorly.
This is a similar situation Belfry and Pikeville are in with this year Pikeville win.
The 2014 Pikeville Football Team lost more players to graduation in key roles than Paintsville. However, as Pikeville had demonstrated over the years they have much more depth and feel those positions with similar quality players. When you dress the small numbers that Paintsville dress replenishing the ranks is difficult if not impossible at times.
I was being optimistic when I gave the 75 % rating. The truth is that the chance of Paintsville winning again Pikeville in the next few years is much less.

There is a difference this time. Chirico has turned the program back around and more players will come out. Some might even come from JC like Belcher or may go to Paintsville instead of JC from the beginning. Paintsville and Pikeville will be a battle in 2015 and after that no one knows...:truestory:
To answer Scotty's question, the entire oline is back and all but one dline ( including the dline subs.
I like the Tiger offense better with Daniel as an H-back and Miller at QB. Not a lot of drop-off (if any) passing the ball, and a huge gain in the receiving and running game with Daniel blocking on the edge, and still getting his carries. Opens it up for Wildcat sets too.
Fairview will be the team to beat in 2015
scrappy coco Wrote:Fairview will be the team to beat in 2015

:lmao:
Eagle84 Wrote:Paintsville is 1-19 against Pikeville since 1999 with a total point difference of 754 Pikeville to 298 Paintsville. The one win Paintsville had in the last 15 years was a 78 point swing most likely the greatest upset in Paintsville football history. For Paintsville to with against Pikeville it to the perfect storm of Paintsville playing well and Pikeville being over confidence and playing poorly.
Where did you find those statistics? Paintsville also beat Pikeville in 2001 at Pikeville. There have been more than a few very close games between the two, Pikeville just found a way to win in the end. The past is the past. Like jetpilot said, it will be a battle in 2015.
Redneck Wrote:Where did you find those statistics? Paintsville also beat Pikeville in 2001 at Pikeville. There have been more than a few very close games between the two, Pikeville just found a way to win in the end. The past is the past. Like jetpilot said, it will be a battle in 2015.

Those posts are just to get a reaction neck, let it ride.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next