Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Tigers 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
After a 10-3 final record, losing the Region Championship to District foe Raceland, what is everyone's thoughts for the 2015 season.

2014 Seniors Losing to Graduation:
RB/LB Damien Belcher
WR/S Payton Smith
WR/RB Don'te Hendricks
TE/LB Gabe Burchell
Greg Castle
WR/K/P Luke Daniels
OL/DL Darrell Sherman

Key Returning Starters:
QB/LB Kash Daniel
WR/CB Luke Trimble
OL/DL Jonathan LeMaster
OL/DL Dylan Howard
TE/LB Darren Morris
OL/DL Trent Childers

The Tigers will also bring back two starters from the 2013 season, RB/DB Kent Phelps who had an outstanding Freshman season, sat out his entire Sophomore season. Tall, speedy WR/DB Matt Miller will also return from injury.

Add in the other key returning starters Dalton Daniels, Silas Stambaugh, and the rest of the returning Oline and Dline.

2015 should be another great year for the Tigers.
If they have a schedule the same as this year they are looking at 5 Wins, 2 Losses & 3tossups in the regular season. With a a 2nd / 3rd place district finish & a 2nd round loss to Fairview or a 3 round loss to Raceland. My best guess would then be 8-4 / 9-4.

Aug 29, 14 Morgan County away (W) 34 - 0 Click
Sep 5, 14 Pikeville away (L) 8 - 62 Click
Sep 12, 14 Shelby Valley home (W) 30 - 20 Click
Sep 19, 14 Allen Central home (W) 51 - 8 Click
Sep 26, 14 Phelps home (W) 56 - 0 Click
Oct 2, 14 Lexington Christian home (W) 24 - 12 Click
Oct 10, 14 Fairview home (W) 36 - 28 Click
Oct 17, 14 Nicholas County home (W) 41 - 12 Click
Oct 24, 14 Raceland away (L) 0 - 32 Click
Oct 31, 14 West Carter
Realistically, if they kept the same schedule they had this year with all the returning starters they have, plus getting Phelps and Miller back, they could go undefeated. BUT from what I hear, there's only about 4 teams on this years schedule that will be on the 2015 schedule; Pikeville, Shelby Valley, Raceland, Fairview.
Tigers will have a tougher road in 15'. Williamsburg, Frankfort, Pike Central, will be new additions and I am unaware of the games they will replace. Should be good competition to evaluate where they stand going into playoffs. They have got to get Miller out wide and take advantage of his height down the field if he returns and keep everyone healthy they should contend once again for sure. The weight room is calling their names
Have to have another running back to take some pressure off of phelps. If that happens it could be a great season for the Tigers..
This is me Wrote:Have to have another running back to take some pressure off of phelps. If that happens it could be a great season for the Tigers..

Think they will use Kash as the offset in that system but it would be nice to have another Rb no doubt
I look for a different offensive scheme next year. What are the chances of Kash not playing QB next season. From what I hear he is being recruited at other positions.
TigerBlues Wrote:Tigers will have a tougher road in 15'. Williamsburg, Frankfort, Pike Central, will be new additions and I am unaware of the games they will replace. Should be good competition to evaluate where they stand going into playoffs. They have got to get Miller out wide and take advantage of his height down the field if he returns and keep everyone healthy they should contend once again for sure. The weight room is calling their names

At Sheldon Clark, At Frankfort, Pikeville, Williamsburg, Pike Central, Raceland, At Fairview, Shelby Valley, At Harlan, can't remember the other game
they should be in the thick of things for the region. one of us from the district will win the region. i feel strongly about that.
What does Raceland have returning Scotty?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:they should be in the thick of things for the region. one of us from the district will win the region. i feel strongly about that.

Can't count out Pikeville, they are always tough.
Redneck Wrote:I look for a different offensive scheme next year. What are the chances of Kash not playing QB next season. From what I hear he is being recruited at other positions.

Don't see that happening but you never know, hard to replace a guy that went over a thousand in the air and on the ground at QB.
TigerBlues Wrote:Don't see that happening but you never know, hard to replace a guy that went over a thousand in the air and on the ground at QB.

That's very true TB. I would still like to see a different style of offense. IMO we had too many athletes not involved in the offense this year, and most of them are returning plus Phelps and Miller returning from injury. We need to get all of them involved. Spread it out and let Kash throw it down field. Multiple shotgun sets, multiple single back (under center) sets, even some I formation with Morris at FB.
Redneck Wrote:That's very true TB. I would still like to see a different style of offense. IMO we had too many athletes not involved in the offense this year, and most of them are returning plus Phelps and Miller returning from injury. We need to get all of them involved. Spread it out and let Kash throw it down field. Multiple shotgun sets, multiple single back (under center) sets, even some I formation with Morris at FB.

I wished we would have had a true screen pass this year, with Raceland eating our lunch up front it would have helped those guys stay engaged a little and let thise speedy backs get into the second level but that's just me. I agree with what you are saying
TigerBlues Wrote:Think they will use Kash as the offset in that system but it would be nice to have another Rb no doubt

As we saw this year. It goes a lot better if you have two running backs.
Can Morris run the football?
TigerBlues Wrote:I wished we would have had a true screen pass this year, with Raceland eating our lunch up front it would have helped those guys stay engaged a little and let thise speedy backs get into the second level but that's just me. I agree with what you are saying

Not to mention the Raceland CB's were playing 10 yards deep
This is me Wrote:Can Morris run the football?

I'd use him more for lead blocking purposes, but I'm sure he could be effective running the ball every now and then.
Redneck Wrote:Realistically, if they kept the same schedule they had this year with all the returning starters they have, plus getting Phelps and Miller back, they could go undefeated. BUT from what I hear, there's only about 4 teams on this years schedule that will be on the 2015 schedule; Pikeville, Shelby Valley, Raceland, Fairview.

Realistically,: DEF Of or pertaining to the realists; in the manner of the realists; characterized by realism rather than by imagination. I find it difficult to understand how you see replacing Belcher, Smith, Hendricks, Burchell with Phelps and Miller makes you better.

Raceland had most all of it's offense and defense line back with a very strong sophomore class. How do you "Realistically," say you can favorite in this game. Let alone Pikeville. Great Year but Paintsville finds themselves in a similar position JC had been in the past few years with CC and Highland. Raceland is the focus and problem year in and year out.

2014 Seniors Losing to Graduation:
RB/LB Damien Belcher Phelps
WR/S Payton Smith Miler (maybe)
WR/RB Don'te Hendricks
TE/LB Gabe Burchell
Greg Castle
WR/K/P Luke Daniels
OL/DL Darrell Sherman
Redneck Wrote:Can't count out Pikeville, they are always tough.

I think the regions get moved around a bit with the realignment next season. I may be wrong, but I think our district will match up with district five.

District 5 – Berea, Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris
This is me Wrote:Can Morris run the football?

He ran the heck out of it in middle school, he is a very good athlete but needs to dedicate himself to the weight room to get better but as I hear he isn't in the best of situations. He could be a heck of RB IMO
Redneck Wrote:At Sheldon Clark, At Frankfort, Pikeville, Williamsburg, Pike Central, Raceland, At Fairview, Shelby Valley, At Harlan, can't remember the other game

Lex Christian? Morgan Co ?
Eagle84 Wrote:Realistically,: DEF Of or pertaining to the realists; in the manner of the realists; characterized by realism rather than by imagination. I find it difficult to understand how you see replacing Belcher, Smith, Hendricks, Burchell with Phelps and Miller makes you better.

Raceland had most all of it's offense and defense line back with a very strong sophomore class. How do you "Realistically," say you can favorite in this game. Let alone Pikeville. Great Year but Paintsville finds themselves in a similar position JC had been in the past few years with CC and Highland. Raceland is the focus and problem year in and year out.

If you go back and re-read my post, I said they COULD go undefeated with that same schedule. I never said they were the favorite. Paintsville had a lot of "first timers" on the field this year. Experience and an offseason in the weight room will only make those kids better, not to mention how much better the veterans should be. The same could be said fir other teams also. Replacing Belcher, Hendricks (neither played against Fairview this year) Smith and Burchell will be the task at hand. Gettin Phelps and Miller back is a huge gain on both sides if the ball. You completely misunderstood me when I said we COULD go undefeated with the same schedule. Pikeville is Pikeville, always tough. They lose 10 to graduation including QB Charles, WR/DB Estepp, WR/DB Maynard, OL/DL Patton and a couple others. They do return Pugh. Raceland loses 7 to graduation including QB Young and Mr Utility Connor Messer but will return a lot of key players like Christian, Snyder, and Walker. Fairview has quite a bit coming back also. The Region will be a toss up next season.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I think the regions get moved around a bit with the realignment next season. I may be wrong, but I think our district will match up with district five.

Class 1A
District 1 – Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
District 2 –Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Caverna, Fort Knox
District 3 – Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
District 4 – Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 6 – Fairview, Paintsville, Raceland
District 7 – Harlan, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg
District 8 – Hazard, Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
5th place team from District 8 as the 4th place in District 6 for playoff brackets
5th place team from District 5 will not advance to playoffs
Redneck Wrote:If you go back and re-read my post, I said they COULD go undefeated with that same schedule. I never said they were the favorite. Paintsville had a lot of "first timers" on the field this year. Experience and an offseason in the weight room will only make those kids better, not to mention how much better the veterans should be. The same could be said fir other teams also. Replacing Belcher, Hendricks (neither played against Fairview this year) Smith and Burchell will be the task at hand. Gettin Phelps and Miller back is a huge gain on both sides if the ball. You completely misunderstood me when I said we COULD go undefeated with the same schedule. Pikeville is Pikeville, always tough. They lose 10 to graduation including QB Charles, WR/DB Estepp, WR/DB Maynard, OL/DL Patton and a couple others. They do return Pugh. Raceland loses 7 to graduation including QB Young and Mr Utility Connor Messer but will return a lot of key players like Christian, Snyder, and Walker. Fairview has quite a bit coming back also. The Region will be a toss up next season.

I did go back and re-read your original post and not only did you use the COULD you also linked it with the work REALISTICALLY. In no way “COULD” Paintsville “REALISTICALLY” go undefeated with the same schedule. If you want to change the work to OPTIMISTICALLY then I would agree with youth.

If Paintsville’s football schedule for 2015 is made up of 1. Pikeville, Loss 2. SV, Toss UP 3. Raceland, Loss, 4. Fairview, Toss up (I think Paintsville wins), 5. Williamsburg Loss, 6. Frankfort Loss, 7. SC win, 8. Harlan win, 9. LCA Toss up, and 10 Morgan County win, 3 Wins, 4 Loss and 3 Toss up’s. Your word “Realistically” Regular season Paintsville is looking at a 5-5 or 6-4 record. Throw in 2 playoff wins and the loss to Raceland and the “Realistically record is 8-5 or 7-5 season.
Like this year, the Tigers will be a tough out in 15'. Trying to predict now doesn't do any good until you know who is on the roster and who will be healthy. Then the prediction stuff can start.
TigerBlues Wrote:Like this year, the Tigers will be a tough out in 15'. Trying to predict now doesn't do any good until you know who is on the roster and who will be healthy. Then the prediction stuff can start.

In additon, who will be on the schedule and what does these teams have coming back. Painsville my be as good or better but the Wins may be less due to a much improve schedule.
Raceland should be better Next year than they were this year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Raceland should be better Next year than they were this year.

Ram a devil don't make me think about that all year :ChairHit:
Best to you guys vs the Jackets
Eagle84 Wrote:In additon, who will be on the schedule and what does these teams have coming back. Painsville my be as good or better but the Wins may be less due to a much improve schedule.

Agree and could very well happen for sure but it will help improve their preparation for district and playoffs. Paintsville has a very tough schedule for 15'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10