•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship )
too many weapons for hazard to handle
bac2369 Wrote:That is night and day better than giving up 330 to the Pugh kid from Pikeville.

I agree with you completely. I was basically commenting on the statement of Hazard not seeing any good RB's since that game. I was defending my teams work horse Dalton Frasure.
baseball1974 Wrote:I think you know I was joking......

Reality is that Williamsburg definitely has the best odds to come out of the east. It will end up being two weeks of stressful football to get there, but if you put their top 3 offensive threats up against the remaining teams in the east, I'm not sure anyone left has the talent to match them. Raceland's secondary can shut down anyone's passing game in 1A and overall could have the best defense left, but I wonder if any of them have enough to stop a a descent running game. Raceland didn't have that bad of numbers, but the three teams they played with descent running backs all had well over 200+ yards on the ground, two of them over 280. Even though Hazard put up 36 on Pikeville, they still let Pikeville put up over 360 yards rushing against them. Hazard has gotten a whole lot better with their run defense, but they also haven't seen any great running backs or even a great O-line at that. Paintsville gave Shelby Valley one of their two losses, but Shelby Valley still put up 347 yards against them. It just seems like the teams left haven't done well stopping the run when the team their playing have a descent running game, and at this point that is all you'll see. That's why I think Williamsburg has the best odds over everyone else.

Outside of Coal Grove, in both of Raceland's losses to Ironton and Ashland, two things were consistent. Giving up the big play. Ironton simply wore Raceland down by games end because our defense couldnt get off of the field in the 4th quarter. Our passing game was out of sorts that entire game. Dropped balls and the wind really affected Young's ability to make the crisp and accurate throws he had all year. Plus it was against 2 teams with Division 1 recruits at RB in Baker and Palidino. We fixed the issue with what allowed Ashland's numbers, which was playing to soft up the middle. We have also added depth on our lines. Now, if it is enough to get to Bowling Green, remains to be seen. Playing at home helps, but we wont know until the games are played, how it will all turn out. Who ever comes out of the east will be, at the very least, better prepared and much more competitive than the last 2 reps were. Speed has always been the difference, especially on the LOS.
I'll take Williamsburg by quite a few. Hard to define the pass in high school
Most Williamsburg fans know Hazard will be a very tough test. They are athletic and well coached. They will not quit if Williamsburg gets up early and will not let up if they get the ealry lead. Hazard is a team that has played big games and will not be intimidated by the atmosphere and hype. Williamsburg needs to bring their A game and may even lose if they play well. I have not seen Hazard but going into the year based on what both teams lost and brought back I thought Williamsburg would be the better team. Williamsburg has not disappointed but Hazard has done a great job of filling their holes. This should be a tough physical game but I believe Williamsburg's defense is a little better and will be the difference. But I could be looking through orange colored glasses.
bac2369 Wrote:Husky had 6 tackles in the game and Patrick had 11. The Kissinger kid had an even better night with 13..

You could see Massey in the Hazard backfield this year.
pjdoug Wrote:You could see Massey in the Hazard backfield this year.

He's transferring again? Confusednicker:
Hazard radio talk show come on tonight at 5.15 pm on WSGS 101.1 fm. Talking football :Cheerlead
Thanks 64SUR.
mayfield_9 Wrote:He's transferring again? Confusednicker:

if you want to put it that way Confusednicker:
E's Army Wrote:Most Williamsburg fans know Hazard will be a very tough test. They are athletic and well coached. They will not quit if Williamsburg gets up early and will not let up if they get the ealry lead. Hazard is a team that has played big games and will not be intimidated by the atmosphere and hype. Williamsburg needs to bring their A game and may even lose if they play well. I have not seen Hazard but going into the year based on what both teams lost and brought back I thought Williamsburg would be the better team. Williamsburg has not disappointed but Hazard has done a great job of filling their holes. This should be a tough physical game but I believe Williamsburg's defense is a little better and will be the difference. But I could be looking through orange colored glasses.

:truestory:
http://www.ezcountry1043.com/?page=Home ...go here right now and listen to Football Game Week.all the coaches are going to be on the show.even coach Chirico.
pjdoug Wrote:http://www.ezcountry1043.com/?page=Home ...go here right now and listen to Football Game Week.all the coaches are going to be on the show.even coach Chirico.

Coach Morris too? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You could see Massey in the Hazard backfield this year.

Since yall recruited massey Im curious as to why yall chose him over cody crider, big mistake crider is leading the state in rushing yards.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Coach Morris too? Confusednicker:

sadly, I dont think he is on the show.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Since yall recruited massey Im curious as to why yall chose him over cody crider, big mistake crider is leading the state in rushing yards.

they probably couldnt afford him.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Since yall recruited massey Im curious as to why yall chose him over cody crider, big mistake crider is leading the state in rushing yards.

sounds like someone is already finding excuses to ease their broken heart after a loss
strange danger Wrote:sounds like someone is already finding excuses to ease their broken heart after a loss

thats a bold prediction :biggrin:
^ Fresh meat. :welcome:
mayfield_9 Wrote:^ Fresh meat. :welcome:

Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Hazard radio talk show come on tonight at 5.15 pm on WSGS 101.1 fm. Talking football :Cheerlead

Well I just got done listening to the radio show. And everybody that call in was picking hazard. Confusednicker: Unbelievable Hazard fans has know ideal whats coming. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Well I just got done listening to the radio show. And everybody that call in was picking hazard. Confusednicker: Unbelievable Hazard fans has know ideal whats coming. :truestory:

sad ain't it?Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:sad ain't it?Confusednicker:

And I was in hazard today....very sad. :Sad04:
strange danger Wrote:sounds like someone is already finding excuses to ease their broken heart after a loss

No, but if i was why would it bother a burg fan. Yall have used every excuse under the sun for last years loss. Since mayfield held the leading rusher in the state to 93 yards on 30 something carries i aint worried about massey.
killbilly usmc Wrote:No, but if i was why would it bother a burg fan. Yall have used every excuse under the sun for last years loss. Since mayfield held the leading rusher in the state to 93 yards on 30 something carries i aint worried about massey.

You are worried about tomorrow night :biggrin:
killbilly usmc Wrote:No, but if i was why would it bother a burg fan. Yall have used every excuse under the sun for last years loss. Since mayfield held the leading rusher in the state to 93 yards on 30 something carries i aint worried about massey.

Williamsburg has not made any excuse this year...We are perfect 12-0 looking forward to 13-0 :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:You are worried about tomorrow night :biggrin:

I always worry.. I know that mayfield will not lay down, and will make us proud, but i also know any team left at this point is a dang good team, and is still around for a reason.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I always worry.. I know that mayfield will not lay down, and will make us proud, but i also know any team left at this point is a dang good team, and is still around for a reason.

even Williamsburg?:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:even Williamsburg?:biggrin:

Yes even williamsburg. I wont look at williamsburg like a crap team based off of last year because i know this is a new year, and they could have improved, but i do wonder if they have improved enough.:biglmao:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Yes even williamsburg. I wont look at williamsburg like a crap team based off of last year because i know this is a new year, and they could have improved, but i do wonder if they have improved enough.:biglmao:

they weren't a crap team last year.they were missing one of their top athletes,had never been on the big stage and Mayfield was just far superior to them and the rest of 1A anyway.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next