•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big 8 in 1A Football
baseball1974 Wrote:I can't speak to how long they've been playing or the age of the players on the offensive line. The question was about them being young and in a rebuilding year. All I can say is what is fact regarding stats, and in every category a junior or senior is leading. That's not anything you can argue with, that's just the reality of the situation.

They've only had two seasons above .500 since Highlands smoked them in 2008, and it had been five years or so since they had a winning season before 08'. That's a rebuilding era, not a rebuilding year.

I'm having trouble following some of these posts. Who are you talking about in each of the above paragraphs?
laxwarrriors Wrote:I'm having trouble following some of these posts. Who are you talking about in each of the above paragraphs?

I think he is talking about Pjdoug 5A team Whitley County. Some how Whitley County made it to 1A. :welcome: Pjdoug
64SUR Wrote:I think he is talking about Pjdoug 5A team Whitley County. Some how Whitley County made it to 1A. :welcome: Pjdoug

Yea sorry I didn't make that clear. I'm not sure how they got brought up either, but I don't think they'd be any more competitive in 1a anyway.
lord u know its been a heck of a debate when 64 is making heads or tails out of what everyone is sayin!!!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:lord u know its been a heck of a debate when 64 is making heads or tails out of what everyone is sayin!!!

It wasn't hard Scotty_Bronson. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I think he is talking about Pjdoug 5A team Whitley County. Some how Whitley County made it to 1A. :welcome: Pjdoug

thanks for the welcome
baseball1974 Wrote:Yea sorry I didn't make that clear. I'm not sure how they got brought up either, but I don't think they'd be any more competitive in 1a anyway.

:lame:
:why::why:
Quote:Anyone else tired of hearing Mayfield post bragging about how they beat Caldwell? You better get ready for Russellville and hope you have the same set of refs you had for the Caldwell game. Beating Caldwell doesn't give you the 1a championship guys.

I was at the game and mayfield was clearly the better team and had the better coach that night but what you will not hear is how the mayfield Defense was never called for one pass interference even though they road the Caldwell receivers ALL night and got away with it--could have been called easily 5 times. And how they ran the score up at the end when Caldwell had already gave up to keep from getting players hurt. Or how one of Caldwell co's big lineman was out. Or how D1 player Dee Cain had a hand injury that was hampering him.

I guess they dont remember last year when the game was 48 to 41 and Caldwell could have scored another touchdown which would have made it 55 to 41 but Caldwell's coach let up and ran the clock out.
:why:
1A is one week away from the teams everybody picked in July in the regional finals. We should have skipped the formalities and played these games when it was warm.
^^^hahaha. i dont expect any upsets. atleast in the east. im sure Paintsville and Fairview have improved, but I highly doubt they have done enough to shock Raceland or Pikeville. Especially on the road.
Big 8 is missing 1.
well this ol' sob just got shook the heck up
there is no big 8.anybody outside top 4 is wishful thinking Smile
This was a perfect thread.....Just sayin :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:This was a perfect thread.....Just sayin :lmao:

Thank you 64, glad you like it.

The Burg gets to play a team with a winning record next week. Running clock in the 1Q?

You ruined my Big 8. You prayed too hard for Paintsville!
mayfield_9 Wrote:Thank you 64, glad you like it.

The Burg gets to play a team with a winning record next week. Running clock in the 1Q?

You ruined my Big 8. You prayed too hard for Paintsville!

Get uses to it Mayfield_9 before this year is over with everybody will be looking back and saying this was Williamsburg year 2014......I have given warning ALERTS all year. TongueoliceLig
Are you still seeing RED 64? Does it haunt your dreams?
Mayfield is coming. Collision course.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Are you still seeing RED 64? Does it haunt your dreams?

Williamsburg is coming for you if you make it to Bowling Green :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:Get uses to it Mayfield_9 before this year is over with everybody will be looking back and saying this was Williamsburg year 2014......I have given warning ALERTS all year. TongueoliceLig

:truestory:
64 picked Paintsville in July.
PJ, Mayfield doesn't have to give alerts. Everyone knows we're coming, every year.
mayfield_9 Wrote:PJ, Mayfield doesn't have to give alerts. Everyone knows we're coming, every year.

not sure if you can make it past Beechwood to play the Burg:disappoint:
mayfield_9 Wrote:Are you still seeing RED 64? Does it haunt your dreams?

Williamsburg is coming and h*'ll is coming to Bowling Green. I hope 55 don't get upset this time. :lmao:
E's Army Wrote:64 picked Paintsville in July.

I only pick paintsville as my sleeper team to play Williamsburg....Paintsville season will come to and end if they beat Graceland. :truestory:
Make sure you bring that running clock 64.
I've been told we won't call off the dogs this year.
Going out of 1A, in style.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Make sure you bring that running clock 64.
I've been told we won't call off the dogs this year.
Going out of 1A, in style.

I understand it pretty soon, Mayfield_9 or that is the rumor in the mountains. Confusederiously:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just for fun...
Calpreps has:

BW as an 11 pt underdog to MF.
Hazard as a 12 pt underdog to Raceland.
Hazard as a 22 pt underdog to Pikeville
Hazard as a 4 point underdog to Wburg
wburg a 1 point underdog to Raceland
Wburg as a 5 point underdog to Pikeville
Raceland a 4 point undedog to Pikeville

. I only did reg/semi matchups of what I thought were likely matchups. Its a close race even for the computer.

You forgot to put paintsville in your computer Scotty_Bronson....Do it again this was educational to me. :thanks:
When you get to this point in the playoffs, there are no cupcakes left. Throw out the schedules and who's played who. Doesn't matter. The teams you line up against from here out are legit and can beat anyone on a given day.
Just for giggles. Calpreps projected Pikeville 42 Paintsville 14.
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg is coming and h*'ll is coming to Bowling Green. I hope 55 don't get upset this time. :lmao:

Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next