• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big 8 in 1A Football
The weather is turning colder, but things are heating up in 1A football.
With Mayfield mauling Caldwell, things are getting interesting.
With Frankfort frying Danville, the drama builds.
With Raceland 'rassling Ironton, the tension mounts.
With Pikeville pounding Russell, the mountain teams tremble.
With Williamsburg whomping another cup....oh, never mind.

Let's pray for no upsets. We really want to see:
Russellville @ Mayfield
Frankfort @ Beechwood
Williamsburg @ Hazard
Raceland @ Pikeville
Those should be 4 FANtastic games!

:football::football::football::football:
Big 8 is a bunch of cream puffs.
mayfield_9 Wrote:The weather is turning colder, but things are heating up in 1A football.
With Mayfield mauling Caldwell, things are getting interesting.
With Frankfort frying Danville, the drama builds.
With Raceland 'rassling Ironton, the tension mounts.
With Pikeville pounding Russell, the mountain teams tremble.
With Williamsburg whomping another cup....oh, never mind.

Let's pray for no upsets. We really want to see:
Russellville @ Mayfield
Frankfort @ Beechwood
Williamsburg @ Hazard
Raceland @ Pikeville
Those should be 4 FANtastic games!

:football::football::football::football:
This years 3rd round on should be awesome.
killbilly usmc Wrote:This years 3rd round on should be awesome.

They're all a bunch of cupcakesConfusednicker:
All 8 would beat your team, and isn't Whitley county like a 4a school, so what does that say about them.
killbilly usmc Wrote:All 8 would beat your team, and isn't Whitley county like a 4a school, so what does that say about them.

5A
I've already set my clock back. It's only 10:20 now.

Confusedinglepar Confusedinglepar Confusedinglepar
mayfield_9 Wrote:I've already set my clock back. It's only 10:20 now.

Confusedinglepar Confusedinglepar Confusedinglepar

You are stuck in the past :biglmao:. I dread the time change and winter.
pjdoug Wrote:You are stuck in the past :biglmao:. I dread the time change and winter.

It feels like Groundhog Day. Wasn't it 10:30 just an hour ago?

:novb: :pondering:
mayfield_9 Wrote:It feels like Groundhog Day. Wasn't it 10:30 just an hour ago?

:novb: :pondering:

my clock says 12:31
pjdoug Wrote:5A

Even worse than I thought.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Even worse than I thought.

maybe you can teach them to be great like you are
Looking at what is potentiall the best over all season for 1A since the realignment, Idk if any team in the top 8 is unable of beating one another on any given night. The thing I find interesting is that outside of Pikeville and Wburg, each team has either played poorly and lost, simply got beat, or managed to scratch out a win even though they played poorly. All of these teams are really good football teams, but none of which, imo, has played their best football yet. I would love to see a true East/West Single A allstar game. Late november is goina be a great time for football. The regional championships are more than likely going to be the best we have seen or will see in quite sometime.
I cant wait to see the twinkies eliminate the cupcakes Confusednicker:
Mayfield deserves to be #1. Beechwood may be better. Frankfort has flown under the radar. Russellville proved they belonged last week. Pikeville and Williamsburg just keep winning. Hazard is Hazard. Dangerous. Raceland is capable of beating any of the above.
I still think there is a bigger drop off between the two sides then some wannabes think. You will mock me for saying that but, once again you will see the first Saturday in December.
mysonis55 Wrote:I still think there is a bigger drop off between the two sides then some wannabes think. You will mock me for saying that but, once again you will see the first Saturday in December.

I hope Beechwood plows your arrogant arseConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I hope Beechwood plows your arrogant arseConfusednicker:

no bird can fly so high that it doesn't have to land :biggrin::truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:I hope Beechwood plows your arrogant arseConfusednicker:
When is Beechwood playing Mayfield? Don't believe the HYPE. Judgement day is coming in 1A!
It seems to me may field plays there best when the competition is better. Last week is a good example. 2012 may field seemed uninspired in the 2nd, and 3rd rounds then looked good in beating beechwood, and fair view. Last year the 2nd round offense didn't look good against holy cross then looked better in later rounds. Maybe 55 ain't as far off as y'all think, and the coaches hold back till its really needed. I'm definitely starting to learn that old saying don't get to high with the highs, and to low with the lows. After how we looked lackluster against russellville I thought we would lose to Caldwell, but an inspired may field team is hard to beat.
Raceland has a chance to beat Pikeville and Williamsburg if they play good as they did last Friday vs Ironton Ohio. Ironton better than all teams listed and Raceland had them 12-12 with 9 min left in game.
You have know any way of knowing ironton is better than these other teams. The only ranking i know of to compare teams from state to state is maxpreps, and they have mayfield ahead of ironton.
killbilly usmc Wrote:You have know any way of knowing ironton is better than these other teams. The only ranking i know of to compare teams from state to state is maxpreps, and they have mayfield ahead of ironton.

Mayfield is and pretty much always is ahead of Ironton. That is nothing new but the inferior EKY teams can't beat them and thus put them on a pedestal.
What worries me after Fridays game is Raceland really struggled with the run game when they couldnt get the passing game going. It wasnt any of Ironton's 11 on the field that caused it, it was the 12th man that aided both defenses in the passing game. RAIN. Neither team could handle throwing the ball. In late november and early december, thats always a possibility. Raceland will have to remain balanced, to be successful.
I still like our chances at a shot to go to BG though. We will learn and grow from that loss. We have a great staff and the kids all really buy into what thy teach and coach. Still alot of football to be played though.
I love how the burg faithful can get on here and toot their horn that they are going 15-0 and none of them are arrogant. I simply state the fact, that the west is still too far ahead, and I'm arrogant. Makes sense to me. Look for a repeat cause it's coming.
mysonis55 Wrote:I love how the burg faithful can get on here and toot their horn that they are going 15-0 and none of them are arrogant. I simply state the fact, that the west is still too far ahead, and I'm arrogant. Makes sense to me. Look for a repeat cause it's coming.

Who are you talking to Mysonis55. Confusedecret:
mysonis55 Wrote:I love how the burg faithful can get on here and toot their horn that they are going 15-0 and none of them are arrogant. I simply state the fact, that the west is still too far ahead, and I'm arrogant. Makes sense to me. Look for a repeat cause it's coming.
What Burg faithful are you talking about 55 :please:,
Name them....:ChairHit:
There have been several mention the undefeated romp, check your threads. I'm talking to your boy PJ for the arrogant comment above.
mysonis55 Wrote:There have been several mention the undefeated romp, check your threads. I'm talking to your boy PJ for the arrogant comment above.
PJ is Whitley Co fan and former player, he loves yanking your chain lol...I don't need to check our threads, no Burg fans that I know of talking that crap...
  • 1(current)
  • Next