Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co
67.74%
Knox
32.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Knox Central 11-14
Hatz Wrote:I guess we will know next year when Boyle goes to 3A. :Thumbs:

Corbin has 4 wins vs winning teams

Boyle has 5 wins vs winning teams

Pretty even looking to me.

Since you threw these stats out there let's really break them down.

Boyle's quality wins are against Anderson County (8-3 Top 10 in 5a, but haven't played much competition), Danville (8-3 Top 10 in 2a), Bullit East (7-4 Lost in first round of playoffs), Marion (6-5 Lost in first round of playoffs), and Madison Southern (6-5 Didn't have Harris and lost in first round of playoffs).

Corbin quality wins are against Southwestern (9-2 Top 3 in 5a), Danville (8-3 Top 10 in 2a), Bell Co. (9-2 Top 5 in 3a), Knox Central (8-2 Top 10 in 4a). All of these teams are still playing in the post season. I guess you can see their quality wins are about even...:eyeroll:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Since you threw these stats out there let's really break them down.

Boyle's quality wins are against Anderson County (8-3 Top 10 in 5a, but haven't played much competition), Danville (8-3 Top 10 in 2a), Bullit East (7-4 Lost in first round of playoffs), Marion (6-5 Lost in first round of playoffs), and Madison Southern (6-5 Didn't have Harris and lost in first round of playoffs).

Corbin quality wins are against Southwestern (9-2 Top 3 in 5a), Danville (8-3 Top 10 in 2a), Bell Co. (9-2 Top 5 in 3a), Knox Central (8-2 Top 10 in 4a). All of these teams are still playing in the post season. I guess you can see their quality wins are about even...:eyeroll:

Maybe we'll know more Friday night. Common opponents:

Danville 24-7 vs 28-20

Knox Central ??? vs 20-6

:popcorn:
Hatz Wrote:Maybe we'll know more Friday night. Common opponents:

Danville 24-7 vs 28-20

Knox Central ??? vs 20-6

:popcorn:

Like I said I didn't bring up the argument, I just shed more light on it. I can't stand common opponent scores because everyone has different strengths/weaknesses which match up different with different teams and the conditions that vary each Friday night.

Lex Catholic 13 - Taylor Co 8
Boyle Co 38 - Taylor Co 6

By your theory Boyle should have been 4 touchdown's better than Lexington Catholic, but how did that turn out...Confusedhh:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Like I said I didn't bring up the argument, I just shed more light on it. I can't stand common opponent scores because everyone has different strengths/weaknesses which match up different with different teams and the conditions that vary each Friday night.

Lex Catholic 13 - Taylor Co 8
Boyle Co 38 - Taylor Co 6

By your theory Boyle should have been 4 touchdown's better than Lexington Catholic, but how did that turn out...Confusedhh:

And like you said, everyone's got an opinion. We will see. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:And like you said, everyone's got an opinion. We will see. :Thumbs:

I don't really know what you are referring to as we will see. I've never made a prediction on Knox vs Boyle. I honestly could care less, and it's a lose lose situation for me. Knox wins I have to put up with Knox fanbase, Boyle wins you Boyle fans are going to try to equate that to Boyle being better than Corbin. As I said there is no way to know how the two teams would fair against each other, so there was no reason to throw out useless numbers and stats. You can paint whatever picture you want of Boyle being better, but I'm not buying...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I don't really know what you are referring to as we will see. I've never made a prediction on Knox vs Boyle. I honestly could care less, and it's a lose lose situation for me. Knox wins I have to put up with Knox fanbase, Boyle wins you Boyle fans are going to try to equate that to Boyle being better than Corbin. As I said there is no way to know how the two teams would fair against each other, so there was no reason to throw out useless numbers and stats. You can paint whatever picture you want of Boyle being better, but I'm not buying...

I'm not sure anyone is selling anything for you to buy. :Thumbs:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I don't really know what you are referring to as we will see. I've never made a prediction on Knox vs Boyle. I honestly could care less, and it's a lose lose situation for me. Knox wins I have to put up with Knox fanbase, Boyle wins you Boyle fans are going to try to equate that to Boyle being better than Corbin. As I said there is no way to know how the two teams would fair against each other, so there was no reason to throw out useless numbers and stats. You can paint whatever picture you want of Boyle being better, but I'm not buying...

I think Hatz was just trying to end the conversation by being short but it seems like you keep dragging it on. :igiveup:

As for Knox Central/Boyle County, I pray for a safe trip for all those traveling to the games this weekend and I pray for an injury free game for all those involved in a game this weekend. Good luck to both teams!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What happened to the 0% chance of precipitation for the week. There has been a snow and freezing rain mix all morning in Whitley and Knox.

Good thing Boyle doesn't have to play Corbin this year. Not only would they fail to cover that spread, but they would not beat Corbin.

Whatever. Corbin beat Danville by 8 Boyle manhandled Danville.
Rebel55 Wrote:Are the 12 days of Christmas up yet? Enjoyed driving through Barbourville going to the Bell County games of 2008 & 2010.

I noticed today that they had started putting up the lights they may be ready by tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:I noticed today that they had started putting up the lights they may be ready by tomorrow.

Great! Hope see them on tomorrow night while singing through town! :biglmao:
After doing a little bit more research on Knox Central I can see this being a really good game. At first I wasn't sold on them, really no reason from me. I can see a low scoring battle and of course I do have Boyle coming out on top by 1 score.
I believe the weather is going to play a big role in this game tonight. It's going to be cold and my make it a little harder to hang on to the ball. The colder it's gets there always seems to be more fumbles. So IMO who can manage to to win the turnover game will stand the better chance at winning the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Cold Game Day!!!

Safe travels Panther faithful!! Good luck during the game, too. Sure hope you guys pull out the victory!!!
panther nation Wrote:I believe the weather is going to play a big role in this game tonight. It's going to be cold and my make it a little harder to hang on to the ball. The colder it's gets there always seems to be more fumbles. So IMO who can manage to to win the turnover game will stand the better chance at winning the game.

the football feels like a rock when its cold :yikes:
I hope you guys enjoy the game I'm not gonna make it wife works third shift at Dana and my baby girl is sick so I'll be listening on the radio.
panther people your gonna get your booty spanked tonight rebels 42-12
Granny Bear Wrote:
Cold Game Day!!!

Safe travels Panther faithful!! Good luck during the game, too. Sure hope you guys pull out the victory!!!

Um....they really don't have that far to go. Just sayin
BoyleCounty Wrote:This has a chance to be an interesting game. Can Boyle County keep the momentum going? Knox Central is a really good team but pending a few factors I will take Boyle County 42-13 for now.

This was my first prediction on this thread. Just saying. LOL