Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Johnson Central 4A Playoffs 2nd round
bluedad1 Wrote:Flat? That's funny- no one came out "flat."
Cov Cath just beat them straight up.

To answer Pulp's question- Cov Cath dresses @ 75 kids. 98% Soph thru Sr. Just a handful of Frosh dress.

Hope for a fun and safe game.

As someone mentioned to you, they came out " flat and overconfident "... Is that even possible? How can a team be overconfident, jacked up ready to play and come out flat?
bluedad1 Wrote:Flat? That's funny- no one came out "flat."
Cov Cath just beat them straight up.

To answer Pulp's question- Cov Cath dresses @ 75 kids. 98% Soph thru Sr. Just a handful of Frosh dress.

Hope for a fun and safe game.

Thank you. :thanks:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Maybe after this Friday nights game we can all just say one thing! The reason JC or CC lost was they were beat by a better team. There is always a reason you lost so work on the problem for the next year. Excuses never solves a problem!!!
When Highlands played Cov Cath they were healthy and at full strength. In that game I saw a very, very poor team! I admitt I have not seen them in person since, but they now are banged up with injuries and I just can not see them pulling off the win at JC. If they do, JC is very over rated after a cup cake schedule. I take JC to win this one by 14.
Obviously Johnson Central is going to win...

[Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/1z5t8w7.jpg]
sstack Wrote:When Highlands played Cov Cath they were healthy and at full strength. In that game I saw a very, very poor team! I admitt I have not seen them in person since, but they now are banged up with injuries and I just can not see them pulling off the win at JC. If they do, JC is very over rated after a cup cake schedule. I take JC to win this one by 14.

Your definition of a "very very poor team" is probably different than a "very very poor team" from (and I hate to even say this) the mountains.
Football1987 Wrote:Obviously Johnson Central is going to win...

[Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/1z5t8w7.jpg]

:lame: :gtfo: :dudecomeon:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Your definition of a "very very poor team" is probably different than a "very very poor team" from (and I hate to even say this) the mountains.

That is why I am still very hesitant to pick JC in this matchup. Still not sure what to make of JC. It is going to be a fun Friday night!
CovCath wins......neither Johnson Central or Ashland has what it takes to beat a northern Kentucky team
sstack Wrote:That is why I am still very hesitant to pick JC in this matchup. Still not sure what to make of JC. It is going to be a fun Friday night!

JC only played three "Mountain" teams this season...

@ Perry County Central 57-12
@ Harlan County 43-14
Belfry 35-0

Other than the big names from NKY... I really don't know to much about the other schools up that way.

And please don't take this the wrong way if your a fan/player of these schools I'm using...........

Phelps (1A) 0-10
Somerset (2A) 0-10
McCreary Central (3A) 0-10
Clay County (4A) 1-10
Perry County Central (5A) 1-10
No 6A in the 'Mountains'

I would bet that the "very very poor" teams from NKY would beat all of the teams I've listed above in their respective classes from 'Mountains'.
I'm gonna say Johnson Central by a field goal
In the 2006 game.... I remember there was a sense of 'shock' from the JC faithful that CCH was playing on grass for the first time when they played at JC. Thirteen games played and they had all been on turf so far that season.

This season, JC has played all but two games (@ Boyd County & @ Rowan County) on turf.
After going over the teams on JC's schedule, I am going to go back to my original pick of Cov Cath winning this game. JC's schedule is awful! Record of all the teams they have played thus far is 37-77. Take out 3A Belfry and it is 28-75! They have not been tested at all and no way they can be ready for a team like Cov Cath. And being one demensional makes it even easier for Catholic. We were sort of planning a trip to JC for next week, but I would be surprised if Highlands did not have another home game with Cov Cath.
sstack Wrote:After going over the teams on JC's schedule, I am going to go back to my original pick of Cov Cath winning this game. JC's schedule is awful! Record of all the teams they have played thus far is 37-77. Take out 3A Belfry and it is 28-75! They have not been tested at all and no way they can be ready for a team like Cov Cath. And being one demensional makes it even easier for Catholic. We were sort of planning a trip to JC for next week, but I would be surprised if Highlands did not have another home game with Cov Cath.

I agree. I was thinking about actually braving the cold this week to watch this one. No game to it in my opinion, Cov Cath should breeze.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In the 2006 game.... I remember there was a sense of 'shock' from the JC faithful that CCH was playing on grass for the first time when they played at JC. Thirteen games played and they had all been on turf so far that season.

This season, JC has played all but two games (@ Boyd County & @ Rowan County) on turf.

And this relates to the game this year how? Bolt teams have played on turf all year long, non factor. Sometimes you add decent imput to the conversation but most of the time you just ramble to hear yourself.
Confusednicker:
Peaches Wrote:And this relates to the game this year how? Bolt teams have played on turf all year long, non factor. Sometimes you add decent imput to the conversation but most of the time you just ramble to hear yourself.

Bolt teams???? If you are gonna insult somebody, please get your spelling correct. :lame:
As far as my earlier comment it was definatly no excuse for loosing, CC was the better team that night. I was there early for the game during warm ups and noticed a different team I watched all year. CC did play a great hard nose football game and took it to us . But that's why we play the game. Again no excuses just the way I saw it.
sstack Wrote:After going over the teams on JC's schedule, I am going to go back to my original pick of Cov Cath winning this game. JC's schedule is awful! Record of all the teams they have played thus far is 37-77. Take out 3A Belfry and it is 28-75! They have not been tested at all and no way they can be ready for a team like Cov Cath. And being one demensional makes it even easier for Catholic. We were sort of planning a trip to JC for next week, but I would be surprised if Highlands did not have another home game with Cov Cath.

This is what makes this game a toss-up. CovCath is battle tested. JC has called people names on the playground.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Can you dig it? Wrote:This is what makes this game a toss-up. CovCath is battle tested. JC has called people names on the playground.

IDK about battle tested. Cov Cath got it handed to them by Beechwood at home. They have like 1/2 their team banged up. Cov Cath may be the "better team" but they will choke to JC down in the mountains.
After last years pre-game talk and result and this years pre-game talk I think this game is a toss up.

If Wagner is out for this game and CC has to play a 2-4th string QB it will be a couple steps back but not the deciding factor. Will power and execution will be the deciding factor. Whomever imposes their will more effectively will win....let's hope it's not the refs! Confusednicker:

Someone stated earlier it's put up or shut up time. I couldn't agree more.

Best wishes for both squads, safe travels, and for an injury free game. Flip a coin for me on this one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I think the Vegas line here would be "pick 'em".
with CC injuries included, if JC can keep CC off the field I like their chances.

JC 28
CC 21
birdman44 Wrote:IDK about battle tested. Cov Cath got it handed to them by Beechwood at home. They have like 1/2 their team banged up. Cov Cath may be the "better team" but they will choke to JC down in the mountains.

I think the Beechwood game may have been a combination of the injuries and the letdown after coming into Highlands thinking that they were KSOTM, and finding that they were just another turd in the moat. Very much a perfect storm kind of thing. Ryle the following week was the crash back to earth, and then they got fat off of the patsies on the schedule. The determining factor in this game is the health of the Colonels. If Wagner was pulled out early last week because of a legit injury, things could get rough. If he was pulled because they had the game in hand and he needed to be healthy for this Friday, they could be a team to be reckoned with. I understand that this means that one has to believe that CovCath could be pulling something shady, but I'm okay with that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Also, a healthy CovCath POUNDED Dixie early in the year. Dixie then bulldozed Beechwood. How does that figure into the calculus of playoff football?:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:I think the Beechwood game may have been a combination of the injuries and the letdown after coming into Highlands thinking that they were KSOTM, and finding that they were just another turd in the moat. Very much a perfect storm kind of thing. Ryle the following week was the crash back to earth, and then they got fat off of the patsies on the schedule. The determining factor in this game is the health of the Colonels. If Wagner was pulled out early last week because of a legit injury, things could get rough. If he was pulled because they had the game in hand and he needed to be healthy for this Friday, they could be a team to be reckoned with. I understand that this means that one has to believe that CovCath could be pulling something shady, but I'm okay with that.

Wagner went out on the 5th play of the game in the Beechwood game. Dressman (who has been battling his own injuries all year to that point and who had never taken more than 5 snaps in a row all year) came in and did what he could. When Dressman got hurt in that same game, they found themselves playing McGinnis at QB for Ryle- and still played them to a tie in a monsoon only to have Ryle score the game winner with under a minute to go.
Not sure I follow you when you state "Cov Cath could be pulling something shady."
Good luck to my. Colonels and I wish nothing but a safe game to both teams.
JC 35
CC 21

I think turnovers will go in JC way.
I look for half time score 14-14
On For Real time....

Cov. Cath. has came out on fire the last two meetings... knocked us on our heels and we were never able to recover.

JC has to come out of their big blow up helmet ready to take somebody off the count!!!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC has to come out of their big blow up helmet ready to take somebody off the count!!!!!

With how big headed they were last year I thought that was a real helmet.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Bolt teams???? If you are gonna insult somebody, please get your spelling correct. :lame:

Fat fingers and old age. I'm not the guy in my mid 20's or early 30's that loves soap operas for men (wrestling) and plays with ninja turtles. What is your excuse?