•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
Now that practice has started does anyone know if any of these transfers have panned out. This is getting to be just like the 14th region, don't even know who on your teams until the first game.
I think knox central will in it but it's anyone's game!!
BrokenArrow Wrote:[quote=The Slim Reaper]Not only is knox better than clay in every postion on the floor, the Marsee kid has lost about 30 pounds this summer, clay better worry about gaurding knox cause Barger can run with the best of them and they can not handle Marsee in open or half court setting. If a up tempo game hurts anyone it will hurt the Farmer kid.[/QUOTE

Have u lost ur mind reaper. If u honestly think Knox is better at every position u must also believe penguins can fly. The only and I repeat only position knox is better at is Marsee. And if u all run the way u say that will neglect that advantage. If u beat Clay it will be in the half court. There are only 2-3 teams in the mountains that would even consider running with clay and one of them is UPIKE. Ask North,Williamburg, and oh yeah the state champs how it is to run with the boys from Dunkchester. Best thing for u to do reaper is lay the pipe down because whatever ur smoking is dangerous. Hillbilly Hops Blake Smith can shut any guard u got down plus dunk all over ur big man.
Tell me when smith ever dunked on our big man now your smokin clay co. Dirt. Smith can not and will not shut Barger down you are talking foolish I guess it's the hillbilly in you !!!!!!
Knox is very talented but so is North and W'burg. Corbin is just a well coached team that gets better all year. Harlan Co, South and Jackson Co will also be very competitive but I'm picking the trio of Smith, Wolfe and Farmer of CC to get the three peat.
Any way you slice it.... Gonna be a great year of hoops in the 13th:rockon:
I don't think many on this board realize just how much improvement Blake Smith has made. He can flat out play.
insideinfo Wrote:Now that practice has started does anyone know if any of these transfers have panned out. This is getting to be just like the 14th region, don't even know who on your teams until the first game.

I don't know if Williamsburg will win 1 game but I can tell you that the transferee Williamsburg got from Harlan Co. is an athlete he can flat out jump and run. I have never seen A transferee athlete make a impact on a high school athletic program as big as he has at Williamsburg, The kids love him and he is the nicest yes sir no sir kid you have ever met He has a smile as big as A barn door. we have athletes as good as him in the sports he plays in but this guy for some reason just has A big impact. The story behind him would make any one pull and pray for his continued success. He is going to make it the people in Williamsburg are not going to let him fail. He has A home and A big family. and most of all he is loved and cared for.
Throwitdown Wrote:[quote=BrokenArrow]
Tell me when smith ever dunked on our big man now your smokin clay co. Dirt. Smith can not and will not shut Barger down you are talking foolish I guess it's the hillbilly in you !!!!!!

How many regional titles has Barger won? How many regional titles has Smith won? I rest my case. BTW: Smith can and will shut down BargerConfusedinglepar
walterwhite Wrote:I don't think many on this board realize just how much improvement Blake Smith has made. He can flat out play.
I was talking to a guy "in the know" yesterday and he was saying that Smith hasn't peaked yet but he also said that the kid's ceiling is limitless. He also said Smith will shock a lot of people when they see how much he has improved just since August.
cchsfan4life Wrote:[quote=Throwitdown]

How many regional titles has Barger won? How many regional titles has Smith won? I rest my case. BTW: Smith can and will shut down BargerConfusedinglepar

I dont think the regional champioship will hinge on the Smith and Barger match-up. I think it will boil down to whether or not CC has an answer for Marsee and if KC has an answer for "no-shows" on the big floor. JMO
Every year CC has a kid that only CC people were talking about (a la Bowling two years ago and Trey last year). We try to tell people and they never listen until they become our second or third best player. Smith's case is alightly different because you could see him coming on last season. They'll have to just find out how good Blake Smith is on their on I guess
Count Wrote:[quote=cchsfan4life]

I dont think the regional champioship will hinge on the Smith and Barger match-up. I think it will boil down to whether or not CC has an answer for Marsee and if KC has an answer for "no-shows" on the big floor. JMO

I understand big man marsee is 30lb lighter. :pondering:
Count Wrote:I was talking to a guy "in the know" yesterday and he was saying that Smith hasn't peaked yet but he also said that the kid's ceiling is limitless. He also said Smith will shock a lot of people when they see how much he has improved just since August.

Exactly. Smith is much better now than last year, but he has the opportunity to be a very special player.
64SUR Wrote:[quote=Count]

I understand big man marsee is 30lb lighter. :pondering:

With or without the 30lbs. This kid can play...Hard match-up for teams in the 13th.
cchsfan4life Wrote:[quote=Throwitdown]

Smith didn't shut Barger down last year and he won't do it this year will smith give him trouble yes SHUT down no . There's no one can shut Barger down that's just shows you are a homer and that's it! Kc could not win a region when you got a coach that is tighter than the kids playing but he's gone so we shall see !!
I agree about Bowling being a surprise two years ago. I didn't think he'd make a big impact because he barely played as a junior, but we was very good.
Smith is ranked 4th or 5th in the region going into the year. I don't know he qualifies as a surprise. He was very impressive toward the end of the year and looked good in the all-star game in the spring.
Smith is definitely not a surprise but I think people who don't necessarily pay as much attention as we do are going to see how good he has become. IMO he has the potential to finish the season as the best player in the region but we know that it is wide open. Unlike last year were it was Fox and McDaniel's to lose.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up No. 1 at the end of the season with his athleticism and size.
It sounds like some people in Clay have Farmer ahead of him, but I'd take Smith first.
If Baxter isn't playing, it may come down to passing up Barger and progressing faster than Broughton.
Several of the region's top big guys like Marsee, Collier, Miller and Caldwell could also be in line if they have big seasons.
JMO, I think from 1-10 the talent level in the 13th is as good, if not better, as its been in quite a while. The underclassmen seem to have outrageous potential with the likes of Smith and Farmer at CC. Broughton, Asher and Rice at North and Marsee at KC. This is just a few in the region and Not even mentioning any seniors. Do you guys agree or am I wrong.
I'd have to go with Smith first as well, but Farmer can play too. As for Marsee, he is the only player in this region that has given Clay County fits. No player in this region the last few years do I hate facing as much as him. Even over Jordan Fox because I felt like we always managed to take care of the other 4 positions when playing Jackson. Marsee changes things in the paint and can make life really difficult.
Count Wrote:JMO, I think from 1-10 the talent level in the 13th is as good, if not better, as its been in quite a while. The underclassmen seem to have outrageous potential with the likes of Smith and Farmer at CC. Broughton, Asher and Rice at North and Marsee at KC. This is just a few in the region and Not even mentioning any seniors. Do you guys agree or am I wrong.

I agree. I had been looking at this particular season for a while on the talent. That was also before McDaniel left early though.
Harlan County has sophomores and freshmen people will be talking about in a few months. Carmical and Spurlock really started to develop late last season.
HDE Wrote:Harlan County has sophomores and freshmen people will be talking about in a few months. Carmical and Spurlock really started to develop late last season.

Agree with HC's young players, they are as good as any in the region. Corbin also has some good young players. I think the future looks good for the 13th.
Jackson Co. had a really good kid that played JV last year, lit CC's JV up. Don't know the kids name but I think he was only an 8th grader. I'd say he will probably start varsity, or at least see some quality minutes this year.
HDE Wrote:Harlan County has sophomores and freshmen people will be talking about in a few months. Carmical and Spurlock really started to develop late last season.

Remember when Carmical had a really good game at Clay last year.
Yea HC will be a scary team this season. Good solid team and Lil Mike's youth and energy will mean a lot to his kids, and he has big Mike to help guide him thru any rough patches.
Any news on Jackson? They have some openings after graduation.
I wonder who starts at point guard for North.
I'm hearing the Sizemore kid, an 8th grader, will see a lot of minutes at the point for North. Not sure if he will start but hearing he will get quality mins. Maybe someone from Laurel can verify.
Nothing on Jackson.
We need you General Jackson.
In the summer, I heard Griebel would start at the point with Sizemore right behind him.
HDE Wrote:In the summer, I heard Griebel would start at the point with Sizemore right behind him.

Sounds right. I Couldn't remember that kids name. The Sizemore could turn out to be special from everything I'm hearing. Maybe a little undersized now but he's young.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next