Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 31 Middlesboro 20
There was a huge ruckus around the Pikeville buses at the game tonight. I went over to see what was going on and there were a bunch of Middlesboro fans snapping pictures of the soft comfortable seats.

:devilflam
Very impressive win for Pikeville especially without Pugh and I think this game was in middlesbo.Pikeville is for real and this should make for an interesting race in the east. Where would Pikeville and Williamsburg play when they meet? Yep I said it, "when they meet!"
Where ya at this was 14? Pikeville fans have NO excuses. Where's yours?
bear claw Wrote:Very impressive win for Pikeville especially without Pugh and I think this game was in middlesbo.Pikeville is for real and this should make for an interesting race in the east. Where would Pikeville and Williamsburg play when they meet? Yep I said it, "when they meet!"

Pikeville
bear claw Wrote:Very impressive win for Pikeville especially without Pugh and I think this game was in middlesbo.Pikeville is for real and this should make for an interesting race in the east. Where would Pikeville and Williamsburg play when they meet? Yep I said it, "when they meet!"

It would be at Pikeville IF the teams both make it that far.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I say yes by a small margin.

Pugh is a better conditioned runner. Jones has more ability to trample defenders but Pugh is better catching it out of the backfield and doing the small things..he also can tote the rock 10 straight times where Jones would have to leave for a breather.

It is really close though and that says a lot about Pugh since hardly anyone including myself even was talking about him before the season started.

he is tough and I like to watch Pikeville play . there are several good running backs in 1 A
Congrats Panthers!

For the Pikeville folks at the game, how do you compare Prestonsburg & Middlesboro? Since the two could very well end up playing one another in the playoffs.
The BURG should be sweating a little.

you sound confident :biglmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Raceland served notice tonight. Not sure the Rams have the resume yet...but they are definitely a team that you don't want to let sneak up.

Lawrence isn't a great team... but they are a good team and Raceland waxed them.

True. This is an impressive win, and certainly can't sleep on Raceland.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Congrats Panthers!

For the Pikeville folks at the game, how do you compare Prestonsburg & Middlesboro? Since the two could very well end up playing one another in the playoffs.

Yeah, I'd like to hear their take myself. It'll probably be tomorrow until we hear, though. There'll be a bunch of very tired (but happy) Panther fans coming back extremely late.

Nice win !!! :Thumbs:
Statement win for my Panthers this evening! No Pugh, No Problem! Ben Maynard played his heart out tonight. Our D played a heck of a game again! I just love the mental toughness that this team possesses! HAIL PIKEVILLE!
I would take prestonsburg over the jackets by two touchdowns.
oneijoe Wrote:Yeah, I'd like to hear their take myself. It'll probably be tomorrow until we hear, though. There'll be a bunch of very tired (but happy) Panther fans coming back extremely late.

Nice win !!! :Thumbs:

I kind of wish that game was in Week 10 instead of Week 0.

Think both teams have improved a great deal since that game. Neither really played with the current precision on offense, and both defenses had a great deal of mental breakdowns.

In Week 0 it was a very exciting game to watch..in Week 10 I think it would truly be a great well played game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I kind of wish that game was in Week 10 instead of Week 0.

Think both teams have improved a great deal since that game. Neither really played with the current precision on offense, and both defenses had a great deal of mental breakdowns.

In Week 0 it was a very exciting game to watch..in Week 10 I think it would truly be a great well played game.

It would definitely be a FUN way to wrap up the regular season !!

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Could not be more proud of this team. Disciplined in a hostile environment, showed mental toughness, and maybe most importantly, they reminded everyone, it is not advisable to try and plan for one thing, they have so many ways to beat you. Maybe now the trolling will slack off from a certain few posters. The cream of the crop is rising to the top in the East, will be an exciting finish to the regular season over the next few games.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Raceland served notice tonight. Not sure the Rams have the resume yet...but they are definitely a team that you don't want to let sneak up.

Lawrence isn't a great team... but they are a good team and Raceland waxed them.

Raceland definitely won't be sneaking up. Not ready to call Lawrence a good team by any stretch though. Opponents' record was 5-22 coming into the Raceland game. Fairview had 3 of those wins and they were demolished by Hazard. I see some more spankings in Lawrence's near future.
Ok no excuses here now... The refs were horrible on both sides I think we both can agree on that... Only fumble was Pikeville that was returned for a td... Pittman pretty much scored all of our tds... Pikevilles speed is amazing and after tonight I think pikeville could beat williamsburg and I hope they do I'm eating my crow... This game honestly could have gone either way if our qb wouldn't have screwed us up with 3 mins to go on the 20 yard line and after the fumble it would have been a field goal game... I'm not saying we should have won by no means Pikeville is the real deal... If this was played 10 times we may win 3 or 4... I wish Pikeville luck you all had some amazing fans had the cance to interact with some of you it was still a fun game especially at the end... I think Middlesboro can still be a contender with a few changes specifically at qb... After tonight I heard Pittman might be playing qb here soon if things dont change... #13 is really good for Pikeville by the way I like that kid... Wish Pugh could have played though so we could have gotten a full measuring stick on our team... I still say Middlesboro can hang with any team in the mountains and has a shot at state with a few adjustments and honestly I think Pikeville brings it home this year in 1A... Congrats Panthers
PHSForever Wrote:Could not be more proud of this team. Disciplined in a hostile environment, showed mental toughness, and maybe most importantly, they reminded everyone, it is not advisable to try and plan for one thing, they have so many ways to beat you. Maybe now the trolling will slack off from a certain few posters. The cream of the crop is rising to the top in the East, will be an exciting finish to the regular season over the next few games.

This posters will be sticking around for awhile. Williamsburg is coming for Pikeville, And by the way Congratulations from 64SUR :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: I think
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Ok no excuses here now... The refs were horrible on both sides I think we both can agree on that... Only fumble was Pikeville that was returned for a td... Pittman pretty much scored all of our tds... Pikevilles speed is amazing and after tonight I think pikeville could beat williamsburg and I hope they do I'm eating my crow... This game honestly could have gone either way if our qb wouldn't have screwed us up with 3 mins to go on the 20 yard line and after the fumble it would have been a field goal game... I'm not saying we should have won by no means Pikeville is the real deal... If this was played 10 times we may win 3 or 4... I wish Pikeville luck you all had some amazing fans had the cance to interact with some of you it was still a fun game especially at the end... I think Middlesboro can still be a contender with a few changes specifically at qb... After tonight I heard Pittman might be playing qb here soon if things dont change... #13 is really good for Pikeville by the way I like that kid... Wish Pugh could have played though so we could have gotten a full measuring stick on our team... I still say Middlesboro can hang with any team in the mountains and has a shot at state with a few adjustments and honestly I think Pikeville brings it home this year in 1A... Congrats Panthers
I will give credit where it is due. You manned up and bellied up to the table for your serving of crow. I'm impressed. Thanks for the kind words about our kids. I wasn't there but I know how classy many of the fans are in Middlesboro. Good luck the rest of the way.
And I gotta admit Pikeville fans and most of Mboros not all stayed throughout the whole game neither team gave up both teams have alot of fight in them... Middlesboro kept playing hard the last 9 mins all the way to the buzzer and so did Pikeville making sure a comeback wasn't in the making great playcalling esp the fake punt with 1:40 something left by #13 to seal the deal... We just had too many mental mistakes..
Pikeville looked very good tonight. They were much more focused and disciplined than Middlesboro. Love how their offense spreads the ball out. Shame I didn't get to see Pugh.
Way to own it ThisIsIt14!

Think Middlesboro will be just fine and still have all their goals in front of them and they are obtainable.

My bold prediction is whoever emerges out of Region 4 gets over the hump and goes to Bowling Green. I think Middlesboro is clearly in that discussion along with Pburg and Danville (if they can get healthy)
E's Army Wrote:Pikeville looked very good tonight. They were much more focused and disciplined than Middlesboro. Love how their offense spreads the ball out. Shame I didn't get to see Pugh.
Middlesboro is still a good team I know most will say not but I think so... Pikeville is just so fast... You can run the ball on them but your not breaking too many big plays bc they will catch you... Pikeville has some outstanding playcalling also that speed wouldn't be nothing without the playcalling... Gotta give the coach credit I mean just the way some of the blocks was set up was amazing.. Middlesboro just needs better blocking, pass a little more, and my biggest concern fix the qb position...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Way to own it ThisIsIt14!

Think Middlesboro will be just fine and still have all their goals in front of them and they are obtainable.

My bold prediction is whoever emerges out of Region 4 gets over the hump and goes to Bowling Green. I think Middlesboro is clearly in that discussion along with Pburg and Danville (if they can get healthy)
I agree I think we make it past Danville or atleast I hope but I'm a little worried about Pburg after tonight... I also think you can't overlook LCA... Wilder things have happened... You really never know I'm disappointed but I still got a good feeling about this group... They just gotta keep their heads up... Honestly I think 1A is better than 2A this year and thats just it... Maybe even 3A
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I agree I think we make it past Danville or atleast I hope but I'm a little worried about Pburg after tonight... I also think you can't overlook LCA... Wilder things have happened... You really never know I'm disappointed but I still got a good feeling about this group... They just gotta keep their heads up... Honestly I think 1A is better than 2A this year and thats just it... Maybe even 3A

This is the strongest I can remember the Top 5 in 1A since the 6 Class Alignment.

DeSales is a beast in 2A this year and Caldwell's offense is a thing of beauty...

Putting all bias aside if you take the Top 5 of 1A this year and put them up against the Top 5 of 2A and 3A I think they more than hold their own.

I'll take it a step further and say outside of Highlands in 4A the Top 5 of 1A would definitely at least be competitive with the next 5 best teams in 4A.
Im rooting for Jenkins.
EKU I think you and I owe the M-Boro fanbase an apology. If the chain crew, clock manager, and Ref crew are the normal ones who do home games for them....It really was indeed "Culture Shock" for them to come over here last year and not see problems like we saw tonight. If I were the folks from Middlesboro...I really would be embarrassed and demanding answers.
:Thumbs:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Where ya at this was 14? Pikeville fans have NO excuses. Where's yours?

I can see your real ThisIsIt14 . Good luck to Middlesboro the rest of the way.:Thumbs:
Can Pikeville remain undefeated for the rest of the regular season. With South Floyd, Phelps,Allen Central and Russell, this is a real tough schedule. Pikeville just beat the 8th wonder of the world in Belfry last week and now the 9th wonder in Middlesboro, if they go undefeated, they should be crowned the World Champions of high school football. Pugh will be back, he should win the Heiman Trophy. He is so awesome, did you see him on sports overtime on the sideline eating pizza.