Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 31 Middlesboro 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Great win for the Panthers playing without Pugh on the road.
Ben Maynard stepped up huge and Charles had another pretty good game throwing and running the ball.
hey Williamsburg we are waiting for you
Great win for the Panthers. Congrats.
Thought Pikeville would win by more.

Wburgs outlook is looking better.
1/4bak Wrote:hey Williamsburg we are waiting for you

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...tcount=122

:eyeroll:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thought Pikeville would win by more.

Panthers let off the gas pedal a little.:biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thought Pikeville would win by more.

If Wburg could get the same deal Mboro got, play at home and no Pugh, it would look better for them.:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:If Wburg could get the same deal Mboro got, play at home and no Pugh, it would look better for them.:popcorn:

Im not sure Wburg will need any help....
And let the trolling begin
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not sure Wburg will need any help....

Don't know if they need help, but do know they need to pack a lunch.
5 teams now Pikeville has handed their only loss.
Defense gave up 14 to Belfry and now 14 to Middlesboro with Pugh unavailable to keep the sticks moving. Very impressive. Now only Russell at home the last week of the regular season stands in the way of Pikeville going into the playoffs undefeated.
What may be the most impressive thing to me:

Belfry's defense held Henry Clay under 250 total yards... they have been near 500 ever since. Belfry's defense held Joquise Buford to under 50 rushing yards... he has averaged almost 200 yards since. Henry Clay is averaging nearly 50 points a game since Belfry when they did not score an offensive TD. Belfry's D also contained Southwestern except for one long play.

Pikeville moved the ball all night against that defense and scored 4 TD's. Then they go against the self proclaimed best defense in EKY tonight on the road without their best player and put up 31.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What may be the most impressive thing to me:

Belfry's defense held Henry Clay under 250 total yards... they have been near 500 ever since. Belfry's defense held Joquise Buford to under 50 rushing yards... he has averaged almost 200 yards since. Henry Clay is averaging nearly 50 points a game since Belfry when they did not score an offensive TD. Belfry's D also contained Southwestern except for one long play.

Pikeville moved the ball all night against that defense and scored 4 TD's. Then they go against the self proclaimed best defense in EKY tonight on the road without their best player and put up 31.

Over confidence will kill a team.
Look at the way South Laurel should have beat Madison Southern tonight. I know MS is not great, but South may be the worst team in Southern Ky besides Mccreary.

Same thing happened with Belfry and Pikeville.
Can't wait to hear the excuses from Thisisit14 or whatever his name is.

Congrats Panthers!!! Big win on the road without your starting RB who has compiled over 800 yards rushing and 17 td's.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Over confidence will kill a team.
Look at the way South Laurel should have beat Madison Southern tonight. I know MS is not great, but South may be the worst team in Southern Ky besides Mccreary.

Same thing happened with Belfry and Pikeville.

You are slipping. Please reread your Trolling 101 textbook.Confusednicker:
good win Panthers! Congratulations.
This one was actually closer than I thought it would be.
jetpilot Wrote:You are slipping. Please reread your Trolling 101 textbook.Confusednicker:

Williamsburg will pour the coal to Pikeville :trolldad2::trolldad::truestory:Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What may be the most impressive thing to me:

I think most Panther fans knew Pugh would be a dandy and there were a lot of weapons on offense. But the defense was an area of concern, and it seems to be getting better as the year goes on. Put a very good defense with that offense and Pikeville will be extremely hard to beat for anyone in Class A.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg will pour the coal to Pikeville :trolldad2::trolldad::truestory:Confusednicker:

I couldn't resist :biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:This one was actually closer than I thought it would be.

Don't be mistaken... 31-14 with under 2:00 left when Middlesboro scoops and scores on a Pikeville fumble.

Pikeville also did this all tonight without Pugh who may very well be the best RB in 1A behind Bright @ Mayfield.
jetpilot Wrote:I think most Panther fans knew Pugh would be a dandy and there were a lot of weapons on offense. But the defense was an area of concern, and it seems to be getting better as the year goes on. Put a very good defense with that offense and Pikeville will be extremely hard to beat for anyone in Class A.

Raceland served notice tonight. Not sure the Rams have the resume yet...but they are definitely a team that you don't want to let sneak up.

Lawrence isn't a great team... but they are a good team and Raceland waxed them.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg will pour the coal to Pikeville :trolldad2::trolldad::truestory:Confusednicker:

Pikeville is just another mountain top in the way of the Williamsburg mountain top removal company.

No big deal.

By 3 points. You said they would win by 2 td's. Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Don't be mistaken... 31-14 with under 2:00 left when Middlesboro scoops and scores on a Pikeville fumble.

Pikeville also did this all tonight without Pugh who may very well be the best RB in 1A behind Bright @ Mayfield.

better than Jones too? I've not seen him play in person yet.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pikeville is just another mountain top in the way of the Williamsburg mountain top removal company.

No big deal.

:biglmao:

When you have 185 yds of total offense and 3.6 TDs per game standing on the sideline and playing an undefeated larger school on their home field, it's still a good win.
Regardless of who your for 1A is strong in the mountains with pikeville and Williamsburg
pjdoug Wrote:better than Jones too? I've not seen him play in person yet.

I say yes by a small margin.

Pugh is a better conditioned runner. Jones has more ability to trample defenders but Pugh is better catching it out of the backfield and doing the small things..he also can tote the rock 10 straight times where Jones would have to leave for a breather.

It is really close though and that says a lot about Pugh since hardly anyone including myself even was talking about him before the season started.
Pages: 1 2 3