•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 15 Knox Central 6
^^
Thanks I'm out of town today but I will get a copy of it when I return home and check it out..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
The guy in the paper stated nothing but the facts the way he saw it at least he told who he was you people get on here and talk about kids ,coaches etc. But the difference is you hide behind a fake name and his artical was nothing like Wayne mills put in the middlesboro paper " it was like a back alley bloody your knuckles game" and that's what he did !!
jax Wrote:I believe the newspaper is the Mtn. Advocate. If I were Wayne I would pursue legal action against the person who wrote it (Union College Student) and the newspaper. It's just not true plain and simple, and I'm not going to debate it with anyone on here. This is what journalism has come to in this country, no facts, just the author's opinion. The term for that used to be "slanted wringing".

So what your saying is what you said in your statement is just your opinion not facts .... So quit making your opinions public if it not pthe facts ,at least give your name to such facts you have you can not straddle the fence just to please you.
I see some legal problems in the future for the Barbourville newspaper.
Welp... there it is...

If you are the KHSAA you have to take this seriously and investigate do you not?

If there is nothing to this then the newspaper better be ready for fallout.
Throwitdown Wrote:So what your saying is what you said in your statement is just your opinion not facts .... So quit making your opinions public if it not pthe facts ,at least give your name to such facts you have you can not straddle the fence just to please you.
First everyone is entitled to give their opinions. That's what this site is. All you do is want everyone's name yet you haven't put yours up. Move along troll
IMO. If this turns out to be true then who ever initiated the bounty and I'm assuming it was a coach should be banned for life from coaching. These are kids and should never be put on a spot like this.
[/B]
Throwitdown Wrote:So what your saying is what you said in your statement is just your opinion not facts .... So quit making your opinions public if it not pthe facts ,at least give your name to such facts you have you can not straddle the fence just to please you.

O.K. Listen, I saw the Bobcats down on one knee while Barger was down, I heard (first person because I was there) Wayne and Scotty both agree not to shake hands. I also saw the Knox player put our running back in a choke hold and get thrown out of the game, that happened right in front of me. Wayne Mills does not coach players to target. And last year I saw our QB suffer an injury due to penalized late hit from a Knox player. These are facts, not what I think. The game is over, Knox lost. Get over it.
jax Wrote:[/B]

O.K. Listen, I saw the Bobcats down on one knee while Barger was down, I heard (first person because I was there) Wayne and Scotty both agree not to shake hands. I also saw the Knox player put our running back in a choke hold and get thrown out of the game, that happened right in front of me. Wayne Mills does not coach players to target. And year I saw our QB suffer an injury due to penalized late hit from a Knox player. These are facts, not what I think. The game is over, Knox lost. Get over it.

Not one of KC players where ever ejected!!

And your right the game is over!!! But now the paper has brought on some harsh accusations that need to be investigated to put this to a end.
Your right on the hit last year it was penalized but it wasn't this year was it. That's the differance!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I cannot find this article anywhere on the internet OR the newspaper's web site. That said, if this article is really published, then somebody somewhere will be forced to do something!!

This doesn't appear to be a letter to the editor type; expressing an "opinion". Brady Smiley wrote it FOR The Mountain Advocate (upper left).

This is disturbing to me. There are no allegations....pure accusations and he names names!! If I was Wayne Mills, I would INSIST upon an investigation!

Interesting to see how this one pans out.
Wayne Mills would not tell players to target other players and there certainly would never put a bounty on another player. Never. That is my strong opinion. Similarly, it is my strong opinion that coaches on both sides did a poor job of ensuring their players were clear on expectations to play with class, honor, and respect. As I said, sad times for mountain football when two of the best teams in area cant put on a contest without all this negative fall out.
My immediate response to that article is that the writer doesn't know the difference between "targeting" and "bounty".

"Targeting" is when you set out to injure a specific player... which he does define correctly.

"Bounty" is when there is a reward for such an action and a clear directive given.

I know this is semantics, but for the purpose of the accusations this is a huge deal. If Bell was instructing their players to try and hurt someone, obviously that is awful and unacceptable, but it is not nearly as despicable as offering a bounty.

The reason I want to point this out is that there are shades of grey to every case.In the case of targeting it would be very easy to misconstrue cliches such as "knock him out", "hit him in the mouth", "Make him quit" as insinuating targeting.

If a bounty situation was in place it would be very cut and dry. The coaches would clearly be on the hook for a pre-conceived act and if found guilty should never be allowed to coach in the State of Kentucky again.

I think it is very important to acknowledge what the writer is accusing the caches of is NOT a bounty... but targeting... based off the input form the article.
I am incredibly torn here. For all the smack talking we do here, I've always thought Wayne Mills to be a person of integrity and great moral character. This is the kind of thing that could follow him around for a while and possibly impact his reputation. If he is innocent, this is tragically unfair.

On the other hand, if I have been totally fooled, then he should never be allowed to coach football again.

I reiterate....if I was Mills, I would DEMAND an investigation.
you know for years I have watched high school sports. In that time I have gotten to see a lot of good players in several sports. the one team that I could never figure out was Knox Central they never won anything and I could never figure out why. They always had good players and seemed to have good coaches so it just never occured to me until last year as to why they couldn't win. Last year after the Bell County Knox Central football game i got to hear a lot of the panther fans and what they were saying was amazing. Instead of noticing that they were beaten by a better team they were all making excuses about the game not one fan did I hear say we just got beat by a better team. That is when I knew what the problem was at Knox Central instead of looking for ways to get better they were looking for excuses. Bell County has lost to Middlesboro two years in a row now we didn't like wished it had never happened but guess what we went home practiced and got better. I know that coach Mills leaving was hard on the fans and players but it is time to end your little pity party coach Mills knew that he couldn't win a championship at Knox and that is why he left. people leave jobs everyday for better jobs I even bet that some of you reading this have done the same. I can remember when coach Mills went to Knox you all thought he was the best thing since sliced bread but when he left to come to Bell he suddenly transformed into the wicked witch of the west. It is time you all know the truth he left Knox so he could win he got tired of people crying about the referees and that we got cheated. So now you know the people the fans and adminstration that backs them are the reason he left. watch and see how long the coach you have now stays if he gets an offer you think he can't see the writing on the wall. Coach Mills took you all farther in the playoffs than you all had ever been and if I'm not wrong you all haven't been as far since he left well sorry about that but maybe each of you needs to take a look in the mirror and examine yourselves and hopefully for your kids you will find that answer.
the newspaper article that was mentioned earlier said that they Barger kid was the most productive player in the first half what did he do that was productive. the only play I saw him make in the first half was the interception right before halftime great leaping grab he came out of no where to pick it off. The coaches from Knox though might want to tell there players that on fourth down in that situation he would have been much better off knocking the ball down for an incomplete pass. So Knox got the ball around their own five yard line with over two minutes until halftime when if he had made a productive play and knocked the ball down Knox would have gotten the ball at mid field. I think the writer of that article either didn't watch the same game I did or he would have known that based on just that one play that he could have in no way been the most productive player. I think the writer of this article needs to back his statements up with facts or to have a retraction printed in the next paper when it comes out.
The so called choke hold was just good acting by the Bell co player. Bell players did a lot of that. The player held the Knox players arm across his neck and signaled the ref that he was choking him. So was the case earlier in the first half when knox #64 got flagged for a personal when he bumped into a bell player and the bell player flopped on the ground like he was taking a charge. Nice acting. :lame::lame::lame::lame:
I had no idea Jaxon Stewart was at Knox. He REALLY impressed me as Corbin's QB in 8th grade. Thought he was unquestionably the best player.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I had no idea Jaxon Stewart was at Knox. He REALLY impressed me as Corbin's QB in 8th grade. Thought he was unquestionably the best player.

he is going to be very good
[quote=panther nation]Not one of KC players where ever ejected!!

The official made the player leave the game. It was right before Bell took a knee to end the game. I was standing about 20 yards away from it all, right after the choke hold.
^
He may have sent him off the field but he never gave the ejection call and no report has been filed with khsaa
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
No thruth to the story. I hope the paper is working to fix the ignorance of the reporter quickly or the paper is going to be hurting!!! Bell county schools may have newspaper in the near future.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I had no idea Jaxon Stewart was at Knox. He REALLY impressed me as Corbin's QB in 8th grade. Thought he was unquestionably the best player.

Corbin's loss is KC gain. He is going to be a dandy of a Qb!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:^
He may have sent him off the field but he never gave the ejection call and no report has been filed with khsaa

No player was ejected!!!AT all
The one big difference in the game Friday night as the people from Knox Central have shown is the had only one player they could rely on while Bell County plays team ball. We have never had just one person at Bell that we rely on that is never a good thing. I hope that the kid that got hurt is ok and finishes up the year. Knox Central needs to work harder that is the key to winning it is not having the best players it is about having the best team
The reporter plays baseball for union, anyone know what high school he went to? Maybe he is biased against bell. Anyone can write and accuse anyone, but not once did he give any proof of anything he said. All speculation which is not what a good journalist does. Better have facts before you slander a coach or school.
panther nation Wrote:Corbin's loss is KC gain. He is going to be a dandy of a Qb!

He is going to be really good before he is finished, plus he's a good kid and an excellent baseball player. We already miss him at Corbin, but wish him well at KC.
panther nation Wrote:^

That may be the case I don't know anything about that part of it. The official pointed toward the sideline and the boy went there, that's all I saw.
It's official Bell County and Knox central will not play in any sports until further notice
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next