Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville ranked #1 in 1A, #15 overall
If you win on an opposing team's field by 9 you should be ranked ahead of them. Heads up is the most important measurement.
Williamsburg has no chance aganst A team as good as Pikeville.
Williamsburg is getting better, Mathew Tomlinson Williamsburg's all state guard, I believe can handle any lineman they can put out there. when you get past that we just are A little short. I know Pikeville is good.
They are computer ratings. They don't concern themselves with all staters or anything other than strength of schedule and results against that. As I have been saying Pikeville is clearly the front runner on the east side. We are just a squirrel trying to get a nut and it will all work itself out in December.
Computer rankings and media polls are about as useless as broccoli flavored lollipops....STAY FOCUSED PANTHERS!
E's Army Wrote:If you win on an opposing team's field by 9 you should be ranked ahead of them. Heads up is the most important measurement.

Game was at Pikeville but I still agree
We have seen that for years. Last year we beat Paducah Tilghman and even though the final score was close the game really never was. We did it on their field. They still had a higher Lit rating than us.
all tho 1A maybe a topic for discussion I think 3A maybe right on

1.Belfry 117.3 (overall number 1)
2.South Warren 107.2
3.Corbin 105.4
4.Bell County 103.6
5.Central 96.2

2-5 is a toss up and could be a different winner every other night if bell and Corbin play 10 times I think they go 5-5 same with South Warren and Central verse Bell or Corbin these teams are so close.
Objective Wrote:all tho 1A maybe a topic for discussion I think 3A maybe right on

1.Belfry 117.3 (overall number 1)
2.South Warren 107.2
3.Corbin 105.4
4.Bell County 103.6
5.Central 96.2

2-5 is a toss up and could be a different winner every other night if bell and Corbin play 10 times I think they go 5-5 same with South Warren and Central verse Bell or Corbin these teams are so close.
Bell is almost definitely a little over valued. If it were me, I would flip them and Central based on schedule strength. But I agree with the rest of the top 5
This is great but............what if Middlesboro goes and beats Pikeville friday?
Will Middlesboro then be #1 in 2a. I think the Pikeville defense found a flaw with the Belfry offense in the fact that they have 0 passing threat but will this defense look as good against a team that can run and throw the ball equally as good. I go back to the Hazard and Prestonsburg games and it makes me think. Is Middlesboro better then Hazard or Prestonsburg............
who knows but I would not be shocked if Middlesboro were to win this game especially with the fact that it's at Middlesboro's home field. :popcorn:
I called USA Today and asked them why Pikeville was not ranked in their national rankings and all I can figure out was that they must have a bunch of owls working in the sports department. All they could say was who,who.
WillBurg93 Wrote:I called USA Today and asked them why Pikeville was not ranked in their national rankings and all I can figure out was that they must have a bunch of owls working in the sports department. All they could say was who,who.

I'm sorry. I take the calls for USA Today and I couldn't understand what you said, so I looked at the caller ID and seen Williamsburg. That's why I said "who". Confusednicker:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I'm sorry. I take the calls for USA Today and I couldn't understand what you said, so I looked at the caller ID and seen Williamsburg. That's why I said "who". Confusednicker:

:lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I actually don't even buy into that with the Lit Ratings.

Of the three CPU rankings typically come the end of October I would put Calpreps #1 and Cantrall #2 ahead of Lit.

They improve certainly..but they are never very good IMHO.

For me the Calpreps ratings typically are the best of the CPU polls throughout. They actually have a base number for every team around the country to start with so out of state games have real value. They also start out with some factual evidence to form their baseline taking into account historical trends, returning starters, and D-1 prospects.

Lit and Cantrall both start with a "magic number" but I am not sure where that number comes from. In my past experience though it seems Lit leans towards a Jefferson County and Western Kentucky bias... whereas Cantrall always seems to over value Lexington and NKY a little more.

Lit rankings are in the Loserville Courier Journal?
WillBurg93 Wrote:I called USA Today and asked them why Pikeville was not ranked in their national rankings and all I can figure out was that they must have a bunch of owls working in the sports department. All they could say was who,who.

:biglmao:

I called your mom and asked her why she had you and she started crying and said don't hold it against her.
Do-double-gg Wrote:This is great but............what if Middlesboro goes and beats Pikeville friday?
Will Middlesboro then be #1 in 2a. I think the Pikeville defense found a flaw with the Belfry offense in the fact that they have 0 passing threat but will this defense look as good against a team that can run and throw the ball equally as good. I go back to the Hazard and Prestonsburg games and it makes me think. Is Middlesboro better then Hazard or Prestonsburg............
who knows but I would not be shocked if Middlesboro were to win this game especially with the fact that it's at Middlesboro's home field. :popcorn:

Middlesboro QB averaging 57 passing yds/game. Pikeville averaging 100 more rushing yards/game than Middlesboro against a 10x harder schedule. Middlesboro has a puncher's chance if Pugh is out and no chance if he plays. Pikeville is the team that can run and pass. You don't mention Middlesboro defense that Pikeville put 77 on last time.

:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:Middlesboro QB averaging 57 passing yds/game. Pikeville averaging 100 more rushing yards/game than Middlesboro against a 10x harder schedule. Middlesboro has a puncher's chance if Pugh is out and no chance if he plays. Pikeville is the team that can run and pass. You don't mention Middlesboro defense that Pikeville put 77 on last time.

:popcorn:

:Thumbs::popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:I called your mom and asked her why she had you and she started crying and said don't hold it against her.

ouch Confusednicker:
[quote=Do-double-gg]:Thumbs::popcorn:
Same personnel pretty much. Maybe they all put on 35 pounds of muscle and dropped a second off their 40 times.:Thumbs:

:biggrin:
That was a joke
All right this is enough with the jetpilot stuff. Let it go.
TigerBlues Wrote:All right this is enough with the jetpilot stuff. Let it go.

I agree.
When you dish it out, you gotta be able to take it. It's fickle like that. He did his share and I guess a lot of the guys remember that.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Something is eating at me. We can talk about computer rankings, coaches polls, Lit vs Cal vs Cantrall rankings all we want, but the fact of the matter is it doesnt amount to a hill of beans. For awhile now MF has been tops by a long shot. I dont think thats the case this year. Imo, on paper, the top four are all capable of winning or losing to eachother on any given night. I swear i will get back to my original point...

In the west its a 2 horse race between Mayfield and Beechwood.
In the east, as I state back in April, Pikeville, imo, is the most complete team. They have the credentials, signature win, and a tough schedule that has resulted in an unblemished record to prove that they are the Favorite in the east, on paper. They will be getting Cody Charles soon as well, which will make their defense even that much stronger. Williamsburg had a good win over Newport, but idk how much better Newport is than an Ashland or Prestonsburg, Coal Grove. All teams that Raceland and Pikeville hae beaten reapectively. Hazard looked solid for a half against Pikeville, then their defense fell victim to Mr. Pugh's massacre. If I were to rank the teams after this weekend Id say this:

1. Mayfield/Pikeville
2. Beechwood
3. Williamsburg(they may be legit, but hard to tell at this point due to their schedule, Wayne is no where near what they were last year either)
3. Frankfort (not completely sold on them yet.
4. Raceland/Hazard/Russellville(all have proven to be solid this season. Hazard and Raceland are very balanced offensively, but both have shown to let a big play get the better of them)

Imo, these are the only teams that can or will be getting a shot to play at Bowling Green.

Which brings me to my point. What do the rankings mean or what is their point other than giving has beens like all of us something to talk about? lol. Though MF imo is still the front runner for the title, imo. Im starting to see BW as a similar team to thise they havehad in te past. Wouldnt suprise me to see a BW/Pikeville title game. Still lots of unknowns to really gauge it all.

well it'd be a LARGE suprise to see Pikeville in the title game now. since, thanks to the most incredible turnaround I have ever seen, Paintsville began the Panthers basketball season this past Friday! Still in awe of that final score.