Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 35 Harlan County 8
Joker's Wild Wrote:I can't believe how fast people jump off the bandwagon and start calling for a coach's head. You do realize that 2 years ago, HC played in the state semifinals. 2 years before that they played in the state semi-finals. That's not like its the distant past. Its not been all that long ago that Harlan County football teams went 20 years and only won 1 playoff game...and that was a Cumberland win over Jenkins. The fact is this Harlan County team is not as talented as some others have been. Two years from now, we'll see another really good football team--if these kids don't listen to nonsense from armchair quarterbacks. HC lost a talented group of seniors plus another 7-8 kids who would have been starters this year for a variety of reasons. Just in the last week, they've lost another to injury and another left the team. While I don't agree with everything Larkey does or all of his playcalling, I do know that he is a heck of a football coach. We live in Harlan County--there's not going to be wave after wave of talent like you find in some other places. There will be years where the talent pool isn't as large as it is in other years. How about we support our kids (and coaches), watch them win ANOTHER district championship, and enjoy a consistent level of football that we've not seen in a long time--probably before either of us were born.

If you're not winning you're losing.
If you're not first you last.
All it takes is looking at the trajectory to see the future. While I hope it never changes demarcus is a 100 percent correct. They need to start fresh or there going to end up like Bell.
That might be good for then.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I hope the coaching situation never changes :biggrin:

I hope every conservative,one dimensional coach in Eastern Kentucky gets fired Confusednicker::flame:
I dont know the situation with Harlan Co or anything about their personnel but I continue to hear about their youth on this site. I do know that most young teams dont respond well to adversity. The early schedule that HC has played really puts a young team at a disadvantage. Combine the youth, schedule, and injuries and it sounds like HC is in a tough situation. Again, I know nothing about HC so I will reserve judgement until the end of the season. Good luck to the kids....I hope they come out of this little groove that they are in right now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you're not winning you're losing.
If you're not first you last.
All it takes is looking at the trajectory to see the future. While I hope it never changes demarcus is a 100 percent correct. They need to start fresh or there going to end up like Bell.

It is CRYSTAL clear that you are so jealous of our coaching stability, you about to pee on yourself! You guys sold your soul running after Dudley Hilton. So don't blame anybody else, when he hung your asses out to dry.

Quickkickonthird Wrote:I dont know the situation with Harlan Co or anything about their personnel but I continue to hear about their youth on this site. I do know that most young teams dont respond well to adversity. The early schedule that HC has played really puts a young team at a disadvantage. Combine the youth, schedule, and injuries and it sounds like HC is in a tough situation. Again, I know nothing about HC so I will reserve judgement until the end of the season. Good luck to the kids....I hope they come out of this little groove that they are in right now.

Thanks Quickkickonthird...the kids are digging hard and I know they are giving their best effort. As long as they take the field, I will be there to support them.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:I dont know the situation with Harlan Co or anything about their personnel but I continue to hear about their youth on this site. I do know that most young teams dont respond well to adversity. The early schedule that HC has played really puts a young team at a disadvantage. Combine the youth, schedule, and injuries and it sounds like HC is in a tough situation. Again, I know nothing about HC so I will reserve judgement until the end of the season. Good luck to the kids....I hope they come out of this little groove that they are in right now.

HC record over the past seasons in 2009 was 8-4, 2010 was 11-3, 2011 was11-2, 2012 was 11-3, 2013 was 8-4. This year is a hump to cross and it will take some time, but these young men work hard and will rise back up. Along the way, most programs will go through this on occasion and arise back to contend. For instance, Pulaski in 2009 they were 10-4 losing to highlands in the semifinal, in 2010 they were 11-2 falling to HC, in 2011 they were 3-8....., in 2012 they were 9-4 falling to HC, and in 2013 they were 14-1 playing for the state title. I certainly don't recall Pulaski fans asking for a coaching change in 2011 and if they were I bet they are glad it didn't happen.
Granny Bear Wrote:It is CRYSTAL clear that you are so jealous of our coaching stability, you about to pee on yourself! You guys sold your soul running after Dudley Hilton. So don't blame anybody else, when he hung your asses out to dry.

Thanks Quickkickonthird...the kids are digging hard and I know they are giving their best effort. As long as they take the field, I will be there to support them.

Dudley was a small quip of a chance.
Chappell will not be at Whitley long. He is a hold over coach.
Unfortunately the next coach will not be Hilton either.

I know who the next coach will be and when it happens in 2 years I will have a hard time supporting that team, if I do at all.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dudley was a small quip of a chance.

I know who the next coach will be and when it happens in 2 years I will have a hard time supporting that team, if I do at all.

Who?
^^
Confusednicker:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dudley was a small quip of a chance.

Dudley wasn't a small quip from what I was told. Did he or did he not make several trips to Whitley? I was under the impression that it was a done deal until something(?) happened.

So now....answer pj's question!!
He can't answer that, cause his mouth is full of the hotdogs that he was to buy for Demarcus ware!!!Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
pjdoug Wrote:Who?
Tom Larkey :hilarious:
^^
You wishedConfusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:^^
You wishedConfusednicker:
Mans gotta have hope panther Confusednicker:
BB CLAW Wrote:HC record over the past seasons in 2009 was 8-4, 2010 was 11-3, 2011 was11-2, 2012 was 11-3, 2013 was 8-4. This year is a hump to cross and it will take some time, but these young men work hard and will rise back up. Along the way, most programs will go through this on occasion and arise back to contend. For instance, Pulaski in 2009 they were 10-4 losing to highlands in the semifinal, in 2010 they were 11-2 falling to HC, in 2011 they were 3-8....., in 2012 they were 9-4 falling to HC, and in 2013 they were 14-1 playing for the state title. I certainly don't recall Pulaski fans asking for a coaching change in 2011 and if they were I bet they are glad it didn't happen.
I said in the other thread I wasn't going to comment on the coaching thing anymore so taking a jab at MY opinion only gets one response from me. The difference in those two programs is PC coach as evolved with the times and that's why they will be in BG two years running. Only way HC sees BG under this staff is if they schedule BG in the regular season and has to travel down there. Or takes a field trip to support PC Confusednicker:
You know the old saying, " careful what you wish for!!"It could be worst on the flip side.. Just saying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:You know the old saying, " careful what you wish for!!"It could be worst on the flip side.. Just saying.
There's always that chance. But life is a game of chances, I'll take mine. Lol
2010 State Semis
Harlan Co 35
Pulaski 21

2011 1st Round of Playoffs
Harlan Co 20
Pulaski 0

2012 State Semi Finals
Harlan Co 46
Pulaski 12
former Wrote:2010 State Semis
Harlan Co 35
Pulaski 21

Harlan Co 20
Pulaski 0

2012 State Semi Finals
Harlan Co 46
Pulaski 12
2013 PC/BG State finals
2014 PC/BG state finals

Only thing you proved is what I just said, HC won't see state under this staff. Had two chances and choked. Let's not forget the meltdown of last year with one of the most talented teams in 5A.
panther nation Wrote:You know the old saying, " careful what you wish for!!"It could be worst on the flip side.. Just saying.

Exactly. The key point.
People advocating change rarely have a better plan, and I've seen people bashing future Hall of Fame coaches through the years who simply want to change just to be changing.
The odds Harlan County could improve on what's happened the past five years seem very remote to me.
Can't take a Mule to the Ky derby. HC has some really good athletes but they could not match some of the other teams in 5A athlete for athlete and win. Simply don't have the numbers. The best chance they had was ball control and physical football which they done very very well.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Tom Larkey :hilarious:

:Sad04::HitWall:
Yeah we should just be satisfied with our district titles every year cause well you know this is such a tough district to win. Wouldn't want to aim for anything more that that Confusednicker:
former Wrote:2010 State Semis
Harlan Co 35
Pulaski 21

Harlan Co 20
Pulaski 0

2012 State Semi Finals
Harlan Co 46
Pulaski 12

now list the losses following those wins,and go back to 2008 when Whitley lost to Highlands and tell us why both teams lost.because they were one dimensional and didn't know how to pass a football.that's why.
pjdoug Wrote:now list the losses following those wins,and go back to 2008 when Whitley lost to Highlands and tell us why both teams lost.because they were one dimensional and didn't know how to pass a football.that's why.
Watch out PJ they will come back with, well we don't have the athletes to pass. Which is WRONG, you don't have a coach that knows how to pass..
Demarcus ware Wrote:Watch out PJ they will come back with, well we don't have the athletes to pass. Which is WRONG, you don't have a coach that knows how to pass..

I find it hard to believe that a place like Wayne County or Bell County has better athletes than a Whitley County or a Harlan County. championships begin with great coaching.
From 2001 at rockcastle
Total Rushing Yards 2832
Total Passing Yards 2835 Passing Leaders Anderkin, Aaron
Pass Attempts 269
Pass Completions 172
NetYards 2773
Passing Touchdown 41

From 2002 at rockcastle
Total Rushing Yards 3873
Total Passing Yards 1572
Belfry last yr
53-97 passing with 911 pass yards

Wayne Co
174-310 passing with 3292 pass yards

Belfry State Champs
former Wrote:From 2001 at rockcastle
Total Rushing Yards 2832
Total Passing Yards 2835 Passing Leaders Anderkin, Aaron
Pass Attempts 269
Pass Completions 172
NetYards 2773
Passing Touchdown 41

From 2002 at rockcastle
Total Rushing Yards 3873
Total Passing Yards 1572
You just keep proving my point. Larkeys time has passed. But go ahead and keep bringing up the stats from 12/13 years ago. Maybe we can have the coach from back then as well. Give it up former your idol is done, over.

That's actually my thought.

Who is it that HC wants to bring in as their Coach that will take them to the next level?

Especially with the new alignment coming out who would want the undertaking of a rural EKY program, that will have a playoff path that requires beating Pulaski County...then Highlands and/or CovCath...just to reach the Finals? All in an area with a dwindling economy thanks to government regulations on Coal.

Also people want to talk about opening the offense...but in order to become a championship program whatever offense you plan to run needs to be successfully implemented first at the Feeder School level.

Here is what I do know... the 2014 Harlan County team simply do not have the athletes to be a passing team. Of the teams Belfry has played so far HC has by far been the slowest of foot and had the weakest collection of skill players.

Changing offensive philosophy only makes sense when you have the talent to support the change. Right now the only offense suited for HC is to try and run behind their big OLine. Losing Massey was a major blow. Had Massey stayed I think HC would be 2 TD's better per game simply because hey had a gamebreaker that defenses had to account for every play.

IMHO, the best thing HC can do right now is invest heavily in their feeder system from a time and coaching standpoint. Make sure what skill guys you have are working hard on speed training in the off season. I also think HC's schedule ended up being a bit too much to chew. You only get better playing great competition..bu there are very few teams in the State that could navigate the 5 game stretch HC has had without at least two losses...and with a bit of lull in the talent pool the past two years have resulted in numerous losses and with it the lack of momentum being displayed in this thread.
Demarcus ware Wrote:You just keep proving my point. Larkeys time has passed. But go ahead and keep bringing up the stats from 12/13 years ago. Maybe we can have the coach from back then as well. Give it up former your idol is done, over.

My idol is God. I worship no coach.