•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
I really don't think South or Whitley will compete with Corbin or Wburg and I think Corbin's team ball and coaching will be better than wburgs individual talent. With that being said I got Corbin winning the 50.
I like the sound of CC winning it all or complete failure. Kinda like the 80s and early 90s. Says a lot about the work that marcum and the kids are putting in.
:thanks:
I agree. Wburg will most likely start slow due to football. By the end, they will be ready. I expect the 50th to come down between Corbin and Wburg as well.
I really hope Corbin and Wburg both think Whitley will be no problem like you two nuts.
Everyone thinks something will be easy this time of the year. Whitley competed hard against Corbin last year and was better than Williamsburg most of the year. They will be in the mix.

I don't get the Clay head and shoulders above everyone either. Knox Central beat them last year and returns everyone. Clay lost two very good players.
I do think Whitley will be in the mix. To count anybody out at this point is a bit ridiculous. They did split games with Wburg last season. The 50th will no doubt be a great district this year, but if I have to choose two teams to come out of it right now, it would be Corbin and Wburg.
HDE Wrote:Everyone thinks something will be easy this time of the year. Whitley competed hard against Corbin last year and was better than Williamsburg most of the year. They will be in the mix.

I don't get the Clay head and shoulders above everyone either. Knox Central beat them last year and returns everyone. Clay lost two very good players.

Knox Central definitely has the talent but they find a way to have an early exit each year. Maybe the new coach can turn it around. I'd rather see them than Clay County any day of the week. Until proven otherwise, Clay is at a different level than the rest. The 50th will be very fun to watch this year. Williamsburg has the talent but not much depth, Corbin has the coaching but no size, Whitley really grew up last year and can make some noise, South better make some noise this year or there could be some coaching changes. IMO
64SUR Wrote:My bubble buster team in the 13th will be Williamsburg.....speed...speed....speed. Confusedhh:

Only if the big Griffith kid gets physical and plays some with his back to the basket. He's got to learn to hit the boards.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I really hope Corbin and Wburg both think Whitley will be no problem like you two nuts.

Did Whitley have all their players this summer. If so they pose no threat to anyone except for maybe CCs middle school. If not I will hold my judgement.
South will be better than people are thinking, if the coach plays the style he did when he first came he has some kids that play inside and out. North will be young as far grade but experienced as far as time on the floor, only position they wont be, will point guard and an 8th grader will log alot of min. there. they have alot of good, big athletes that can play. I think Sizemore will have them ready to play
I aint sure if it will be this year or next but north is gonna have a coming out party
If everyone stays and egos dont get in the way I think you are right Playmaker. if you have seen the size of of souths 8th grade mixed with the Cromer kid and Souths 10th grade class there are goin to be some good games in Laurel Co. the 4-6 years.
truth99, you better be ready for some more slow down from north and if I was clay I would be a little concerned about it. I personally think north has the players to pull that type game off this year vs clay. Clay wont see it in the season games but you can bet the farm it will happen in post season. You are correct north isnt gonna run with clay. love it or hate it brad and roscoe are a master at it
I think Clay will be very good but when you lose a player that had the ball in their hands a huge percentage of the time for the last couple of years and not only scoring but running things, thats a huge void to fill. Not saying they cant do it but good coaches will see how well they have tried to fill it.
Clay is the favorite but I think North Laurel, Corbin, and Knox all have a shot at winning the 13th region.
ky playmaker Wrote:truth99, you better be ready for some more slow down from north and if I was clay I would be a little concerned about it. I personally think north has the players to pull that type game off this year vs clay. Clay wont see it in the season games but you can bet the farm it will happen in post season. You are correct north isnt gonna run with clay. love it or hate it brad and roscoe are a master at it

I agree. In the district tournament last year Clay eventually pulled away but the four corner offense that North played let them hang around. Smith took Broughton out of the game but Rice and Asher made life tough on Clay. That was with big Jake Allen inside so imagine this year when Clay is lacking the size.
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:I agree. In the district tournament last year Clay eventually pulled away but the four corner offense that North played let them hang around. Smith took Broughton out of the game but Rice and Asher made life tough on Clay. That was with big Jake Allen inside so imagine this year when Clay is lacking the size.

I agree that if they hold the ball for 2-3 minutes at a time it's the only way they can compete with clay. And this is why I think clay will miss Allen more than mcdaniel. Clay has the perimeter play to compete with anyone in the state. But if a team chose to pound the ball inside I can see it causing trouble for us this year. That being said Asher is not a pounding type of big, now the rice kid is that type but he is young and I will assume clay will go right at his chest to put him in foul trouble. ( which he is very prone too). Neither kid is no marsee and Marsee is things get real for me. I'll take clay beating north this year and next and then Norths time will come if half there team doesn't end up at clay. Hehehe
UK#24 Wrote:Clay is the favorite but I think North Laurel, Corbin, and Knox all have a shot at winning the 13th region.

The separating factor is a winning mentality. Smith and Wolfe have won 3 straight regional titles including middle school. Both were a big part of CCs run when they were freshmen. Smith was a starter before his knee problems. Farmer showed his winning mentality down the stretch last year. I'm not sure the other programs have that just yet. North has brighter days ahead but I'm afraid they will have to wait until these three kids are gone. :rockon:
Count Wrote:The separating factor is a winning mentality. Smith and Wolfe have won 3 straight regional titles including middle school. Both were a big part of CCs run when they were freshmen. Smith was a starter before his knee problems. Farmer showed his winning mentality down the stretch last year. I'm not sure the other programs have that just yet. North has brighter days ahead but I'm afraid they will have to wait until these three kids are gone. :rockon:

Well said count couldn't agree more
By the time Smith, Farmer, and Wolfe are gone from CC......Most of North's players will be at Clay.....you know the old saying....if you can't beat em...join em
cchsfan4life Wrote:By the time Smith, Farmer, and Wolfe are gone from CC......Most of North's players will be at Clay.....you know the old saying....if you can't beat em...join em

That is Clay's claim to fame isn't it.... winning with other schools players?:flame:
allen wasnt anybodys player. lol I know he played for atleast 3 diff schools while in high school. looks as if rice will probably be same way. bell corbin north already. clay is next on the list if you keep traveling down the road unless he turns and travels I-75. lol
JagNation Wrote:That is Clay's claim to fame isn't it.... winning with other schools players?:flame:

At least we play Eastern Ky. Kids unlike those guys in the 14th region.
:hilarious:
Always a joke I use, at least we keep it to a one county radius. Lol let's be honest though, Clay's primary players are CC boys. Yes, I include Trey. They have what, one "outsider" for lack of a better word in the top 7-8 with House?
clay has two from south and one from north that I am aware of
souths I wouldnt imagine be top 8 though
I know, but Ryan House is the only one going to play meaningful minutes. I understand a transfer is a transfer but IMO, does it matter if they aren't even in the rotation? So, I agree with you playmaker.
Count Wrote:Did Whitley have all their players this summer. If so they pose no threat to anyone except for maybe CCs middle school. If not I will hold my judgement.

We shall see.
Count Wrote:Everyone knows that CC, KC, North and Williamsburg will be solid but has anyone heard from general Jackson lately :Sad04:
Collier and Hammons would have to average 30 apiece to have a shot. I dont see it happening....I call it like i see it.
JagNation Wrote:That is Clay's claim to fame isn't it.... winning with other schools players?:flame:

Why would you stay somewhere and keep losing when you can travel 20 miles down the road and be a winner.....as long as it isn't done illegal and the best players play.....I see nothing wrong with changing schools......JMO though.
Go Big Clay!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next