•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
UKCC Wrote:Agree with HDE on this one, don't see CC playing 8. Solid 5 with Sexton now in the lineup, Sams would make 6.

Gabbard 6'6 260 and Fields 6'3 230
These two kids will help on the post. I've been told that both have been looking pretty good.
Count Wrote:Gabbard 6'6 260 and Fields 6'3 230
These two kids will help on the post. I've been told that both have been looking pretty good.

Both are big bodies who should provide some type of interior presence but just how much I don't know.
Ur right. They will provide some meat to bang with Marcey from KC and Rice from North and to help on the boards. Gabbard is one of the best pick setters I've seen in a while and Fields plays with attitude, which is not a bad thing. I really think these two will see playing time this year.
CC won't need any offense from them just for them to play hard set picks and rebound and play hard
Did those two start on the JV team last year? I can't remember who started besides Sams and Sexton.
I had heard Tyler Gray, a 6-6 freshman, would back up in the post. I have Travis Mills, Peyton Hughes and Dalton Hicks also listed at forward/center.
What is the player's name from South?
HDE Wrote:Did those two start on the JV team last year? I can't remember who started besides Sams and Sexton.
I had heard Tyler Gray, a 6-6 freshman, would back up in the post. I have Travis Mills, Peyton Hughes and Dalton Hicks also listed at forward/center.
What is the player's name from South?

Tyler Gray is no longer with the team. Pretty sure he headed west on the Hal Rogers Parkway.
North?
They already have several young post players. If a volleyball game breaks out, no one will touch them.
They will be one of the tallest teams in the state.
HDE Wrote:North?
They already have several young post players. If a volleyball game breaks out, no one will touch them.

Haha, exactly my feelings.
My bubble buster team in the 13th will be Williamsburg.....speed...speed....speed. Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:My bubble buster team in the 13th will be Williamsburg.....speed...speed....speed. Confusedhh:

Yes, no doubt, they have the most quickness.
I know gray started to go to north but backed out at last min and went back to clay is what I heard.
coty arnold and jacob vaughn
Fields started freshman and JV last year. Gabbard didn't play last year but If he gets a more aggressive attitude he could help the V this year. The boys from south are Jacob and Cody. Sorry dont know last names. I'm hearing the gray kid has went to Corbin. Cannot verify tho.
64SUR Wrote:My bubble buster team in the 13th will be Williamsburg.....speed...speed....speed. Confusedhh:

Could be CC's biggest obstacle for a three peat. Scary team
Logan "Sugar Bear" Gabbard played last year.
Right again ukcc my memory fells me with my old age
Count Wrote:Right again ukcc my memory fells me with my old age

It's okay, my poor vision caused me to mistake 23 and 32 of Rice and Bowling a couple years ago pretty often.
It sounds like the Clay-North series could be interesting this season. I feel like both teams lack a true point guard, and it seems North will have the advantage in the post. Smith and Broughton should be a good matchup on the perimeter. This could get interesting. Any thoughts on the series?
SixthMan Wrote:It sounds like the Clay-North series could be interesting this season. I feel like both teams lack a true point guard, and it seems North will have the advantage in the post. Smith and Broughton should be a good matchup on the perimeter. This could get interesting. Any thoughts on the series?

I think North will give everybody some trouble. They don't have a true point but Asher and Broughton are very talented then you throw in Rice with his height. They also have a good coach. I think Clay will have trouble with them as will a lot of teams imo.
I expect North to be really competitive. I believe Clay wins the 49th but North will be right there.
I think Arnold was supposed to start for South. Maybe he takes that fifth spot, or at least gives them a seventh man.
north has a really good true pt guard. He just may not be ready just yet. He is in 8th this year. He will play lots of minutes. Depends on how well he adapts to the speed of the game and strength wise to how much he helps. Yes arnold had a good shot at starting this year at south.
SixthMan Wrote:It sounds like the Clay-North series could be interesting this season. I feel like both teams lack a true point guard, and it seems North will have the advantage in the post. Smith and Broughton should be a good matchup on the perimeter. This could get interesting. Any thoughts on the series?

I think clay is the worst match up for north, just because Broughton has so much trouble with smith. Smith absolutely shut him down last year when he was guarding him. Smiths length really effects him and he gets frustrated easy. I know north has major chemistry problems as well. All those players hate playing with broughton. It could be jealousy or it could be him. Don't know. But I do know it a fact that they have issues with him. North don't scare me at all. Clay we will run them out of the gym with a up tempo style game. Now Knox that's a different story. They will cause clay major problems

I know this is gonna ruffle some feathers, but Broughton is the most overrated over hyped player I've ever seen. Put a little length and pressure on him and he packs it in. As long as Blake Smith is at Clay Broughton is gonna have a long night. The asher kid will cause clay way more trouble than Broughton. And I may eat crow for this comment too but I'm gonna put it out there. Smith is a D1 talent. I watched him this summer absolutely shut Beverly down and that kid is gonna play major D1 ball. He also had 2 of the nastiest dunks I've ever seen this summer on the AAU circuit. I thought that Farmer may be better than him but after this summer there is no way. If these two are used correctly and each given a chance to showcase their talent clay will walk through this region.
Blake Smith is really going to turn some heads. I love the way that kids plays and the way he goes about himself. To think he has two years left, along with Farmer and Wolfe really boast well for Clay County.
Everyone knows that CC, KC, North and Williamsburg will be solid but has anyone heard from general Jackson lately :Sad04:
Good discussion. I do disagree with Broughton being overrated. He is just a sophomore, and has already put up good numbers. I think the combination of Broughton, Asher, and Rice will be very effective this coming season as long as they can defend. Broughton has not had the luxury of playing at his natural position throughout his career which has hindered his production (not by much though), but this will ultimately make him a better player. He has also not had the luxury of playing with a high-caliber guard like McDaniel. North has one of the best coaches in the region, and I expect them to be there in the end.

As for Jackson, I haven't heard much from their camp. I keep hearing that Lawson is a question mark. I'm surprised Collier has stayed. Have they got any transfers? I know last season they struggled with depth. I assume they will have the same problems this season minus the production of Fox.
Truth99 Wrote:I think clay is the worst match up for north, just because Broughton has so much trouble with smith. Smith absolutely shut him down last year when he was guarding him. Smiths length really effects him and he gets frustrated easy. I know north has major chemistry problems as well. All those players hate playing with broughton. It could be jealousy or it could be him. Don't know. But I do know it a fact that they have issues with him. North don't scare me at all. Clay we will run them out of the gym with a up tempo style game. Now Knox that's a different story. They will cause clay major problems

If they choose to play that style, they better have more than 6 players ready to go. When I look at their current roster (or what's left from last season), I don't think they can afford to play this style.
SixthMan Wrote:If they choose to play that style, they better have more than 6 players ready to go. When I look at their current roster (or what's left from last season), I don't think they can afford to play this style.

Well I can guarantee that u will see this style. They will basically start 5 ball handlers. With any of them being able to grab it and go. I also think they will go 7-8 deep with really only 6 quality players. The last 2 will just be ask to give a minute or 2 here and there. They played that style last year and beat north by 30. And went 7 deep. Size more shows up the next week in district and holds the ball the whole game. They can not and will not run will clay.
Can't wait for this season. Clay is head and shoulders above the rest. If they don't win the region it will be a total failure. The 50th district will be amazing this year with Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg, and South battling it out. Wow what a balanced district. I'll give the edge to Corbin in the 50th but only because of Tony P.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next