•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Teams You Just Don't Like
birdman44 Wrote:I don't think Highlands people are any more arrogant than the next guy... Its just that the facts about Highlands are arrogant when said aloud.

Over and over again, normally without anyone asking.
OldJacket Wrote:I hope the Madison Southern player suspended for the rest of the season...Was he penalized?

this was years ago and almost caused a brawl. I didn't know what happened afterwards but it was the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen besides a 1A school from Knox County :biglmao:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:He was...that was the 1994 season, Coach Mike Elkin handled that quickly!

I didn't remember who it was.I know Southern had a pretty decent running back that year too but not quite as good as the one they have in the backfield now Smile
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I forgot about that and I do remember the player who did that. He was suspended if memory serves me correctly. Coach Elkin took care him. That was a dumb move on the players part.

yeah. I couldn't believe that after a win
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I do remember in 2004, Johnson Central was scheduled to play Pike County Central... but sometime in the summer, Pike Central backed out/bought out their part of the contract.

It's good to play a few local teams... and when I say local I mean a team within your home county or a team from a county that borders you.

Prestonsburg, Betsy Layne, South Floyd, Allen Central, Sheldon Clark, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Lawrence County and Paintsville are the teams that would fall in to the category I mentioned.
Of those, Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark or Lawrence County would be a great Home/Home series. I would like to see JC and P-Burg have a game on the Friday night of Apple Day or Jenny Wiley Days.

That will never happen as long as John is coach. He is scared to death of Jim. :HitWall:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:He was...that was the 1994 season, Coach Mike Elkin handled that quickly!

THE OGRE!....LOL He is a tough old son of a gun.
Coach E. now lives in Lexington from what I hear.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Over and over again, normally without anyone asking.

yeah don't ask a highlands guy about highlands success if you're not a fan.

but highlands is also always being bad mouthed... so bird fans speak up wo being asked. So if you don't like hearing about it don't say bad things about them birds.

teams I don't like hmmmmmm there really aren't teams I don't like

teams I love to hate....I would be heartbroken if these teams dissolved and the birds never got another shot at them.

Cov Cath
Boyle Co
Bowling Green
Trinity
Collins
Had a chance encounter with a charter bus if Highlands fans about 4 years ago or so, on their way to playing Johnson Central (I believe it was). One fan saw my Pikeville shirt I just happened to be wearing and struck up a conversation. Before it concluded, he (and the bus driver) asked about how much further they had to go, and I was explaining, and another guy overheard it and made the comment "Oh, about 5 more hills, 3 gravel roads, 4 "tobaccy" farms, aNd we'll be right there". I darn near gave the bus driver directions for Phelps instead, just because of that smartass. First person I'd ever seen lick himself while strutting off, oblivious to what a jerk he was being. Don't like Johnson Central, but I was pulling for them that night.
Well, when you talk about PC, it's a school and it's made up of kids. Like I said, if u don't like Chapman, take it too Chapman. I'm sure that PC is tired of hearing it, he's gone.
It's all just too juvee, don't you think. "i don't like you anymore and I'm not gonna be your friend anymore."
PHSForever Wrote:Had a chance encounter with a charter bus if Highlands fans about 4 years ago or so, on their way to playing Johnson Central (I believe it was). One fan saw my Pikeville shirt I just happened to be wearing and struck up a conversation. Before it concluded, he (and the bus driver) asked about how much further they had to go, and I was explaining, and another guy overheard it and made the comment "Oh, about 5 more hills, 3 gravel roads, 4 "tobaccy" farms, aNd we'll be right there". I darn near gave the bus driver directions for Phelps instead, just because of that smartass. First person I'd ever seen lick himself while strutting off, oblivious to what a jerk he was being. Don't like Johnson Central, but I was pulling for them that night.

Wow, we sure are sensitive!
sstack Wrote:Wow, we sure are sensitive!

people from the east and south are sensitive because they are tired of rude people trying to put them down.
I don't know why Talon doesen't like Raceland Fans or thinks that we are arrogant. Everybody loves us cuz we totally rule the world!
birdman44 Wrote:yeah don't ask a highlands guy about highlands success if you're not a fan.

but highlands is also always being bad mouthed... so bird fans speak up wo being asked. So if you don't like hearing about it don't say bad things about them birds.

teams I don't like hmmmmmm there really aren't teams I don't like

[COLOR="Blue"]teams I love to hate....I would be heartbroken if these teams dissolved and the birds never got another shot at them.

Cov Cath
Boyle Co
Bowling Green
Trinity
Collins
[/COLOR]

I have to agree with the teams you listed, would hate like hell to lose to them but really respect their programs. When you are one of the top programs most people "hate" your program and cheer for the underdog to beat you.
Ashland
Russell
Greenup
Paintsville
Lawrence
Don't hate these teams just hate to lose to them. Fairview doesn't make the list. They weren't a rivalry when I was in school. They were just the game before the playoffs started. More of a tune up game. Just a speed bump in the football road.
PHSForever Wrote:Had a chance encounter with a charter bus if Highlands fans about 4 years ago or so, on their way to playing Johnson Central (I believe it was). One fan saw my Pikeville shirt I just happened to be wearing and struck up a conversation. Before it concluded, he (and the bus driver) asked about how much further they had to go, and I was explaining, and another guy overheard it and made the comment "Oh, about 5 more hills, 3 gravel roads, 4 "tobaccy" farms, aNd we'll be right there". I darn near gave the bus driver directions for Phelps instead, just because of that smartass. First person I'd ever seen lick himself while strutting off, oblivious to what a jerk he was being. Don't like Johnson Central, but I was pulling for them that night.

Truth be known, that "Highlands" fan was probably from somewhere in Ohio, looking down through his arrogant nose on E. Ky. I like the thought of sending the bus through Phelps. Only difference I would have made, I would've sent him from Phelps, back through Blackberry., and into Hardy to 119. That would give him a good geography lesson of E.Ky. Confusednicker:
Nah. No more sensitive than giving directions to a NKY school like this:

"Straight on 75. Turn right at the 3rd crack house, go past the 2nd whorehouse, spin a quick "U-ey" at the 2nd dead body chalk outline, go past 4 parent-paid for high school bonfire keggers, and you're right there, can't miss it, you'll smell the synthetic Mary Jane. "

After all, no one is sensitive about those things, eh?
PHSForever Wrote:Nah. No more sensitive than giving directions to a NKY school like this:

"Straight on 75. Turn right at the 3rd crack house, go past the 2nd whorehouse, spin a quick "U-ey" at the 2nd dead body chalk outline, go past 4 parent-paid for high school bonfire keggers, and you're right there, can't miss it, you'll smell the synthetic Mary Jane. "

You need to recheck your directions, it is the herion house not crack and
You went to far and past NKY and ended up in Over-the-rhine!
sstack Wrote:You need to recheck your directions,
You went to far and past NKY and wound up in Over-the-rhine!
One and the same, aren't they? Potayto potahto. :lmao:
PHSForever Wrote:Nah. No more sensitive than giving directions to a NKY school like this:

Once you smell the "synthetic" Mary Jane, you are just about to Newport Stadium.
Lynch47 Wrote:So says the guy that roots for a team with a head coach that refuses to play them. I know of several times that JC has tried to get them in a Bowl or a regular season game. Back before 2003, D would take it any time it was offered but now he politely declines. And you want to talk about Pikeville's district, look at yours. Betsy Layne, Leslie and Shelby Valley. Pikeville would win all three of those as well on a yearly basis.

Whoa there.... D did try to schedule JC pre-2003 but Central absolutely refused. That's the origin of your angst. D is doing as Prestonsburg was done onto.

:popcorn:
1. Teams of idiots who think private schools don't have to follow khsaa rules.
2. Public school teams who don't follow the rules. I'm looking at you Fairview, Cordia, PCC
Ike Cooter Wrote:That will never happen as long as John is coach. He is scared to death of Jim. :HitWall:

Wrong.

It wouldn't matter -who- coached JC. JC refused to play P-burg the first 8 yrs. of his coaching tenure. John is known for his stubbornness and knows how to hold a grudge.

Personally, I'd -like- to see a series between the two schools. IMO, P-burg's offensive style matches up well vs. JC.

It's a 1000 wonders the driver didn't actually ask for directions to "Johnsonville". It's no doubt the only mention of an EKY location some travelling fans from lesser Cincy have ever heard.

Confusednicker:
This post has literally made me LOL...but lets be honest...North of Grant Co. is just a bunch of Buckeyes anyway!!! :-)

You are trying to defend that ? Wow
FarristownFlyer Wrote:This post has literally made me LOL...but lets be honest...North of Grant Co. is just a bunch of Buckeyes anyway!!! :-)

Now that one stings a lot. :igiveup:
30 going on 40 Wrote:Now that one stings a lot. :igiveup:

That really stings! My wife grew up a Buckeye, I brought her to the right side of the river and she does not even consider herself a buckeye anymore.

LOL....don't forget to "Hustle" by Larry Flynt's old place.Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:Whoa there.... D did try to schedule JC pre-2003 but Central absolutely refused. That's the origin of your angst. D is doing as Prestonsburg was done onto.

Seems like he is just trying to fill wholes with cupcakes, which is typical. He went after a good team once, Boyle, Burg cheap shotted them to death so Smith and the Rebels tore them a new one in 2002. Lesson learned, keep the diabetic schedule. Prior to Matney coming to JC, the program was probably one of the biggest disappointments in all of EKY. It is easy to see why he would want to schedule them back then. For "D" doing what was done to him, Matney wasn't here then so he had nothing to do with it. Clean slate since 2004. There are only so many rocks he can hide under and excuses he can use. What is his excuse for dropping Belfry after they got out of the district?
Lynch47 Wrote:Seems like he is just trying to fill wholes with cupcakes, which is typical. He went after a good team once, Boyle, Burg cheap shotted them to death so Smith and the Rebels tore them a new one in 2002. Lesson learned, keep the diabetic schedule. Prior to Matney coming to JC, the program was probably one of the biggest disappointments in all of EKY. It is easy to see why he would want to schedule them back then. For "D" doing what was done to him, Matney wasn't here then so he had nothing to do with it. Clean slate since 2004. There are only so many rocks he can hide under and excuses he can use. What is his excuse for dropping Belfry after they got out of the district?

Haven't been too fond of Beechwood since the semi final game at their place in 87'. Me, and my buddies bought our tickets, going on through and some yankee ask us "Hey boys, who's tending the mules back home?" Several Beechwood folks heard it and really got a laugh out of that. :devilflam
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next