Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central coaching job
jammin' jamey Wrote:Official today as you predicted. Congrats to both coaches.

Wasn't a prediction I knew last week just didn't leak it.
How did u know last week? It was only decide on Tuesday night's Site Base meeting. You might have guess and got it right but, the decision was not made until that night.

Sometimes I question you? You don't always know everything that comes down the road and neither does WYMT? Where u at the council meeting, or did you attend as a parent? I was there and everything was not already decided. They do have a site base that makes the decisions. Are u on it, if not why do you keep trying to undermind these people. They have their opinions and are there for a reason and they do not need people broadcasting or saying these things before and after a final decision has been made.

How do you think that it makes the other applicants feel? Trying to be the first with the latest is not always a good thing. Just saying, it's not good to post things like this. It is discouraging to the other applicants and not to mention site base, they had never met on the issue to discuss anything until Tues. Peace and chill out. Again, I there and was not a Shawn fan. I hope that doesn't offend you.
Nor was I a Keith May fan.
What is with all the Pike Central coaches hitting the road? Do they see something comeing that we don't know about?

:pondering:
Spuds Wrote:How did u know last week? It was only decide on Tuesday night's Site Base meeting. You might have guess and got it right but, the decision was not made until that night.

Sometimes I question you? You don't always know everything that comes down the road and neither does WYMT? Where u at the council meeting, or did you attend as a parent? I was there and everything was not already decided. They do have a site base that makes the decisions. Are u on it, if not why do you keep trying to undermind these people. They have their opinions and are there for a reason and they do not need people broadcasting or saying these things before and after a final decision has been made.

How do you think that it makes the other applicants feel? Trying to be the first with the latest is not always a good thing. Just saying, it's not good to post things like this. It is discouraging to the other applicants and not to mention site base, they had never met on the issue to discuss anything until Tues. Peace and chill out. Again, I there and was not a Shawn fan. I hope that doesn't offend you.

This is the first time I've posted anything relating to coaching searches in years expect for Mark Stoops stuff. You are right the decision still had to be voted on by the site base however, that happened Monday. I've been around high schools sports in the mountains ever since I was 2 and I can tell you it's always decided before they walk in. My information was coming from council members who knew the vote totals UNLESS others revoked on their word. They told me who the fav. was.
Spuds Wrote:How did u know last week? It was only decide on Tuesday night's Site Base meeting. You might have guess and got it right but, the decision was not made until that night.

I knew it and didn't post so this whole first to mention argument holds no weight. Jamie reported it first and honestly I'm cool with that heck Jamie prob. Knew as well.

Board also has final say they met with applicants last week from my understanding.

The latter doesn't bother me either even though I do think its an excellent hire considering the circumstances they faced regarding time.
Should be very interesting to see what goes down.
I'm not trying to argue with you but the board doesn't have the final say. And I sure hope that they're smart enough not to approach a site base member and try to influence. That could be major trouble. But the principal does have the authority to override their council, but not a smart thing to do.
Also, the sbcm shouldn't be discussing anything before the hire. Pike County politics are bad enough. BOE members by law can't recommend or have a say in hiring matters other than the superintendent.