Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central Coaching Search
Big Don Wrote:D*dley H*lton!
I think I saw Dudley wearing orange today!

Oh wait. Lol. The rumor that won't die. It has taken on mythical urban legend status now.
He is. That is why they closed Majestic-Knox. It's going to be built in the same location.
Is Pikeville losing an assistant coach?
I hope that Pikeville is losing an assistant and that PC is gaining him as their head coach!!!
So whats the final verdict ? Who is the next rumored coach at PC to be. I heard it will be announced either this Mon or Tues ? :rockon:
sportsguru4u Wrote:So whats the final verdict ? Who is the next rumored coach at PC to be. I heard it will be announced either this Mon or Tues ? :rockon:

Dudley of course:Clap:
sportsguru4u Wrote:So whats the final verdict ? Who is the next rumored coach at PC to be. I heard it will be announced either this Mon or Tues ? :rockon:

Site base votes tonight, announcement tomorrow at one.
Thacker is the man.
I think thacker would be a great pick,Id say the kids will like him.an he prolly get out in the community better than what chapman did not saying chapman wasnt a good coach he just would fan friendly.
bucslover68 Wrote:Thacker is the man.

Great for PC, but opens a spot a Pikeville that will be sought after by tons of top-notch people...
If you would just take the time to ask 64 you would know.
jetpilot Wrote:Great for PC, but opens a spot a Pikeville that will be sought after by tons of top-notch people...

Already filled was before PCC even had a short list with Shawn's name on it.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Already filled was before PCC even had a short list with Shawn's name on it.

I think something else opened that up but we will see. Pikeville may get another great person but regardless this is great for Pike Central.
My honest thought on all of this goes as follows.
Thank you Chapman for being the jerk you are and screwing us at the last possible second. We ended up with the better end of the deal and its going to be fun to watch the struggle for power at Perry. Won't last long IMHO.
So, I'm assuming Thacker got the job! That's great! I think he'll do great things at PC! Welcome back to the Hawk's Nest, Shawn!
jetpilot Wrote:Great for PC, but opens a spot a Pikeville that will be sought after by tons of top-notch people...

You are right Jetpilot, Thacker has the passion and drive and the PC kids will be on board with him. I think he does great things there now and in the future but in reality Pikeville picks up a very solid and knowledgeable asst coach from Paintsville and one that will do great things at Pikeville. Kids love the guy and that's half the battle. Best to both coaches and I hated to see coach leave here.
^I was under the impression that another position would open in addition to the Paintsville assistant coming back home to Pikeville but I may be off base.
tough game in westwood this year
I think he will do really good.i just think chapman done us dirty
Pikeville defensive coach Shawn Thacker officially hired at Pike Central this afternoon. Announcement just made at the school. We hope to have some sound bytes from Coach Thacker on our Sports Guys Daily program airing at 5pm this afternoon on ESPN 95.9 Pikeville, 102.5 Williamson, 104.5 Prestonsburg.
Nice pick-up for PC.

Thacker is a classy coach who has been groomed well by McNamee
Congratulations to Shawn!!!
Big Congrats to Thacker! Love that guy and wish him the best on the hill. Going to miss seeing him in Maroon!
Great hire by Pike Central! Thacker is a classy guy that really knew how to get the best out of his players at Pikeville, players really seemed to like him.

Good luck to the Hawks this season!
We are very, very pleased with Shawn being the man!
Thacker leaves his team and goes to another job and he is considered classy....Chapman leaves for another job and he is a jerk....?
I wish the best for both.
When opportunity comes knocking, you answer the door. Chapman has his reasons for leaving PCC, and I think most of us who are reasonable will accept them. Thacker will be a decent ball coach. I'm just curious as to who his assistants will be this late in the game.
clueless Wrote:Thacker leaves his team and goes to another job and he is considered classy....Chapman leaves for another job and he is a jerk....?

There is little to no similarity between a well known Head Coach jumping ship for an Assistant Position to a program that even the HC position would have been a lateral move at best, as opposed to an Assistant having the chance to make a positive move and get his first job as a Head Coach.

To top it off Thacker has established a respect for how he handles himself on the sideline and with his colleagues... Chapman...well let's just say his track record lends itself to the criticism.

If Chapman's move was solely to be closer to his family and he no longer wanted to be a Head Coach anymore I think most would respect that. If he is driving Ungodly miles every day and getting his pay cut I dont think anyone would blame him. Until he goes on record though and says that you have to accept it for what it is though.. a polarizing figure bailing on his team/program very late in the game.
Good luck coach Thacker.