Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015-18 Football Alignment
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys, remember this is just a DRAFT, won't be approved until July, schools can submit surveys on this and try and get put in another district.

It won't be approved until July but I don't see many changes coming from this draft. There will be a few but not many.
Well, 5A district 8 is going to be a knock down drag out for the 2nd spot behind Harlan county, regardless of whether Whitley and North Laurel flip or not. East side of class 3A looks like it will produce some epic regional final/state semifinal games. If I am a fan of a class 1A team, I would be ecstatic that Mayfield is in 2A now.
From a Fan of EKY Football:

In 1A I think Pikeville and Hazard will welcome the renewal of their rivalry and the regular season challenge to make them stronger. Love the fact the 1A "Mountain Representative" will be decided in he Regional Finals. No team in KY has an easier path to the Semi's than Raceland (Barring Fairview never recovering). A 3 Team District and their opposite district may be one of the weakest in the State.

2A
The 6 Team EKY District is a bit of an issue for those teams and I am sure Pburg isn't exactly thrilled as they look big picture. The other 5 teams are historically not very strong and now if you are Pburg you are handicapped with only 4 Non-District games to best prepare you for a deep playoff run opposite one of the most competitive Districts pound for pound in the State.

3A
What a class! Probably the toughest class pound for pound in the State loaded with elite programs and a Who's Who of past State Champions. Love seeing Bell/Corbin back in the East. Here's hoping Breathitt can get their program back on track so they can return to form and salvage a District that may be one of the weakest in the State outside of the Bobcats. Big fan of seeing the Belfry/Russell playoff rivalry being renewed.. especially with the Russell talent pool about to climb. A Belfry/Bell Semi-Final ultimately is any mountain fan's dream.

4A
I like the new look District 6 a lot from a competition standpoint. A pair of new blood programs in Russell County and Knox Central who have proven themselves as quality... a Wayne County program who is about to join New Blood Status.. and a Rockcastle program who has a strong tradition but is needing some revitalization. Think you will see some great parity and matchups.

The story of course will be Ashland and Johnson Central. I see this rivalry going to new heights as these two programs should be the consensus favorite year in and year out to represent the Eastern Semi-State. The Bourbon program is on track to being a consistently strong program under Hodge and Mason is always competitive,,, but based on the past 6-7 years it is clear Ashland and JC are in position to become an annual contender for the State Title.

5A
The teams move but on the whole I expect things to stay the same. It is going to be Pulaski County and Harlan County.. then everyone else. I see Perry Central, Southwestern, and North Laurel as teams who may be able to pick their spots to threaten.. but it is clear that the Maroons and Black Bears are set up for more classic matchups. The bad news is no matter how those play out now Highlands and Cov Cath potentially lie in wait.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I think that Boyle will have a hard road ahead. Cant wait until there can be a match between Bell and Belfry. I think that Corbin will also have something to say about it.

District 4 Regular Season Champs is paramount.

Whoever finishes as the runner up face a potential path in odd years of:
Waggener (always athletic and skilled) at Home
Central on the Road
Boyle/LexCath on the Road
Caldwell/Ft. Campbell/Tilghman on the road
Belfry/Bell/Corbin/Russell in the Championship

Talk about a gauntlet of past Champs!
Proposed Class 6A
District 1 – Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County, Muhlenberg County, Ohio County
District 2 – Central Hardin, Meade County, North Hardin
District 3 – Butler, DuPont Manual, Male, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
District 4 – Ballard, Eastern, Jeffersontown, Seneca, Trinity (Louisville)
District 5 – Conner, Cooper, Ryle
District 6 – Boone County, Campbell County, Simon Kenton
District 7 – Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Scott County
District 8 – George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek

I didn't know Kentucky still had a 6A class.......
#NobodyCares
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Proposed Class 4A
District 1 –Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville-North Hopkins
District 2 – Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, South Warren, Warren Central, Warren East
District 3 – Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Valley, Western
District 4 – Collins, Franklin County, North Oldham, Spencer County
District 5 – East Jessamine, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County, West Jessamine
District 6 – Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County, Wayne County
District 7 – Bourbon County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County, Scott
District 8 – Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

A few things sticks out... just from the eastern side (Dist. 5, 6, 7, 8)

Mason County, East Carter and Wayne County move up from 3A.
Scott, East Jessamine, West Jessamine move down from 5A.

[COLOR="Blue"]Lexington Catholic and Boyle County move to 3A.
Highlands and Cov. Cath. move to 5A.[/COLOR]I'm sure there are a few more teams that are changing classes that I missed.

Wow, what a hit this class took! This really weakens this class and opens the door for a lot of new faces, with JH and JC looking with much, much easier roads to BG. Collins easy favorite.
Johnson Central is holding a pep rally today to celebrate.
blue1424 Wrote:Collins was placed exactly where I expected them to be. Replacing Atherton and Waggener with Franklin County should make the district much more competitive. The addition of John Hardin also makes Region 2 much stronger than it is right now.

So 4A region 2 finals = 4A State Finals.
sstack Wrote:Wow, what a hit this class took! This really weakens this class and opens the door for a lot of new faces, with JH and JC looking with much, much easier roads to BG. Collins easy favorite.

Agree...
William Muney Wrote:Johnson Central is holding a pep rally today to celebrate.

Yes they are, Matney now has 4 teams in the district he can run the score up on.
If Pulaski is going to win state in 5A they had better do it this season. If the classes had remained the same I feel like they would have been the favorites in 2015--the addition of Highlands and Covington Catholic certainly changes that. They've got a great team coming back but will be junior dominated, they'd have a senior dominated team in 2015.
William Muney Wrote:Johnson Central is holding a pep rally today to celebrate.

former Wrote:Yes they are, Matney now has 4 teams in the district he can run the score up on.

:lame: :please: :dudecomeon: :haters:
Walt Longmire Wrote:If Pulaski is going to win state in 5A they had better do it this season. If the classes had remained the same I feel like they would have been the favorites in 2015--the addition of Highlands and Covington Catholic certainly changes that. They've got a great team coming back but will be junior dominated, they'd have a senior dominated team in 2015.

Great point. The NKY hill is hard to climb.
Franklin County and Collins will hopefully shape up to be a good rivalry, not sure what FC has coming up or Collins after this year though.

What information do you all have on collins, Franklin County, or John Hardin in 2015?

County will lose alot after last year as well as next year.:Sad04:
FCSPY Wrote:Franklin County and Collins will hopefully shape up to be a good rivalry, not sure what FC has coming up or Collins after this year though.

What information do you all have on collins, Franklin County, or John Hardin in 2015?

County will lose alot after last year as well as next year.:Sad04:

John Hardin will be dominated by some very talented Sophomores and Juniors in 2015. In 2016 and 2017, they will be loaded with as much talent as they have ever had IMO.
Collins lost a ton of talent but the spring has shown that not all is lost. The D should be a killer and the O will take a few weeks to get the kinks out but not all is lost. The O and D line should be full of studs. Young guys got tons of PT last year with Collins playing 23 guys. This year they will find a lot of kids having to go both ways.
My Way Too Early Favorites for 2015
Based on my limited knowledge
Go ahead and argue
Prove me wrong on the field

DRAFT 2015-2018 KHSAA Football Alignment of Teams

Proposed Class 1A
District 1 – Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
District 2 – Berea, Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Caverna, Fort Knox
District 3 – Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
District 4 – Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 5 – Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris
District 6 – Fairview, Paintsville, Raceland
District 7 – Harlan, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg
District 8 – Hazard, Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

5th place team from District 8 as the 4th place in District 6 for playoff brackets
5th place team from District 2 will not advance to playoffs

Proposed Class 2A
District 1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Webster County
District 2 – Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central
District 3 – Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County
District 4 – Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Shawnee, Washington County
District 5 – Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton-Verona
District 6 – Bath County, Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic, West Carter
District 7 – Danville, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro, Somerset
District 8 – Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Leslie County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

Proposed Class 3A
District 1 – Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County
District 2 – Adair County, Edmonson County, Elizabethtown, Hart County, LaRue County
District 3 – Bardstown, Central, Moore, Thomas Nelson, Waggener
District 4 – Boyle County, Garrard County, Henry County, Lexington Catholic, Western Hills
District 5 – Fleming County, Lewis County, Pendleton County, Russell
District 6 – Belfry, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark
District 7 – Breathitt County, Estill County, Knott County Central, Morgan County, Powell County
District 8 – Bell County, Casey County, Corbin, Jackson County, McCreary Central

Proposed Class 4A
District 1 –Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville-North Hopkins
District 2 – Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, South Warren, Warren Central, Warren East
District 3 – Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Valley, Western
District 4 – Collins, Franklin County, North Oldham, Spencer County
District 5 – East Jessamine, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County, West Jessamine
District 6 – Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County, Wayne County
District 7 – Bourbon County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County, Scott
District 8 – Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

Proposed Class 5A
District 1 – Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Marshall County, Owensboro
District 2 – Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood
District 3 – Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Nelson County, North Bullitt, Oldham County, South Oldham
District 4 – Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Southern
District 5 – Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Grant County, Highlands
District 6 – Anderson County, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, Shelby County, Woodford County
District 7 – Lincoln County, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern, Whitley County
District 8 – Harlan County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central

Proposed Class 6A
District 1 – Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County, Muhlenberg County, Ohio County
District 2 – Central Hardin, Meade County, North Hardin
District 3 – Butler, DuPont Manual, Male, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
District 4 – Ballard, Eastern, Jeffersontown, Seneca, Trinity (Louisville)
District 5 – Conner, Cooper, Ryle
District 6 – Boone County, Campbell County, Simon Kenton
District 7 – Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Scott County
District 8 – George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek
THE TEAM THAT GETS SCREWED IS BEREA COMMUNITY...look at the district they are in and where the are going to the WESTERN PART OF THE STATE...OMG...a team 30 miles south of Lexington. I know Berea is traditionally not good, but their closest game is Campbellsville. Some of this is IGNORANT...I cannot believe the DUMBASSES that run the show. Kick me off of this website but this is a disgrace.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:THE TEAM THAT GETS SCREWED IS BEREA COMMUNITY...look at the district they are in and where the are going to the WESTERN PART OF THE STATE...OMG...a team 30 miles south of Lexington. I know Berea is traditionally not good, but their closest game is Campbellsville. Some of this is IGNORANT...I cannot believe the DUMBASSES that run the show. Kick me off of this website but this is a disgrace.

Lord have mercy never noticed that...

District Games:
Ft. Knox- 2 hours, 8 min
Caverna- 2 hours, 10 min
Campbellsville- 1 hour, 42 min
Bethlehem- 1 hour, 33 min

Say they manage a 4 seed... their first round playoff game will most likely be either
Russellville- 2 hours, 51 min
Crittenden County- 4 hours, 2 min

Poor Berea would go bankrupt on travel if they made an upset playoff run!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lord have mercy never noticed that...

District Games:
Ft. Knox- 2 hours, 8 min
Caverna- 2 hours, 10 min
Campbellsville- 1 hour, 42 min
Bethlehem- 1 hour, 33 min

Say they manage a 4 seed... their first round playoff game will most likely be either
Russellville- 2 hours, 51 min
Crittenden County- 4 hours, 2 min

Poor Berea would go bankrupt on travel if they made an upset playoff run!

That's exactly right, there is no good reason for this, and if I'm not mistaken there is a 3 team district that is somewhat closer why not put them in that one...OR LEAVE THEM WHERE THEY ARE...its not like Berea is a POWERHOUSE!!!
I could question it.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:That's exactly right, there is no good reason for this, and if I'm not mistaken there is a 3 team district that is somewhat closer why not put them in that one...OR LEAVE THEM WHERE THEY ARE...its not like Berea is a POWERHOUSE!!!

FF. Yes they did! I saw where coach clark was upset to. Why is he mad?
cj2561 Wrote:Proposed Class 1A
District 1 – Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville
District 2 – Berea, Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Caverna, Fort Knox
District 3 – Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
District 4 – Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 5 – Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris
District 6 – Fairview, Paintsville, Raceland
District 7 – Harlan, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg
District 8 – Hazard, Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

5th place team from District 8 as the 4th place in District 6 for playoff brackets
5th place team from District 2 will not advance to playoffs

in that case, they should put one of the teams from District 8 in with District 6. other wise leave them be. and if they do move one of them team, I hope they will leave Hazard and Pikeville in the same District.

I agree that a team from District 8 needs to move to District 6. If you look at the teams in terms of roads/travel the best choice is PIKEVILLE. This will not happen, but imagine if it did. District games would mean something for Panthers, probably help them to be more battle-tested for playoffs too.

To the poster earlier who asked about South Floyd and Allen Central. A site for the school has not even been formally announced. There's been talk of one location, yet it has had "settling issues". Another is dependent on a new highway, which is being built as we speak. Still 3-5 years away probably…it's going to happen though and it would be a new school/new name.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:THE TEAM THAT GETS SCREWED IS BEREA COMMUNITY...look at the district they are in and where the are going to the WESTERN PART OF THE STATE...OMG...a team 30 miles south of Lexington. I know Berea is traditionally not good, but their closest game is Campbellsville. Some of this is IGNORANT...I cannot believe the DUMBASSES that run the show. Kick me off of this website but this is a disgrace.

What about in two A? Bath Co and west Carter stuck with 4 NKY teams (NCC, Lloyd, Newport , Holy Cross). Not good for any of those teams. I read article where NCC coach was upset about it. A lot of travel expenses, poor gates for those games and with 6 team district they will have to drop quality games against a 5A and 6A teams.
Strikeout King Wrote:Proposed Class 2A
District 1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Webster County
District 2 – Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central
District 3 – Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County
District 4 – Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Shawnee, Washington County
District 5 – Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton-Verona
District 6 – Bath County, Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic, West Carter
District 7 – Danville, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro, Somerset
District 8 – Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Leslie County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

I count 39 teams in 2A. Divide that by 8 districts, and you get seven 5-team districts, and one with 4. No reason in the world we should have ANY 6-team districts.

Yet I look and see three 4-team groups, and two 6-team groups. Makes no sense at all.

At the very least, move Leslie from District 8 to District 7 and make each a 5-team grouping. They would be just as far away from the central KY part of the district as Middlesboro.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Berea mess up will change.
Im with you flyer, and its been noticed on several different websites.

The KHSAA will correct that one, im almost 100% sure.
Remember, this is just a draft.
Walt Longmire Wrote:If Pulaski is going to win state in 5A they had better do it this season. If the classes had remained the same I feel like they would have been the favorites in 2015--the addition of Highlands and Covington Catholic certainly changes that. They've got a great team coming back but will be junior dominated, they'd have a senior dominated team in 2015.

I really don't think there will be as much of a gap as there has been the last time these two were in 5A.
I think we will see a lot more parity, but I do expect these two to be heavy contenders year in and year out.
Dont think caldwell co could be considered the favorite in dist 1 3a they lose alot after this coming season there record against tilghman is 3 wins 12 losses and 1 tie there record against ft campbell is 11 wins and 17 losses they do hold a winning record against union co and trigg co though if this year was the new alignment id pick caldwell co but its back to reality for caldwell when this group graduates
killbilly usmc Wrote:Dont think caldwell co could be considered the favorite in dist 1 3a they lose alot after this coming season there record against tilghman is 3 wins 12 losses and 1 tie there record against ft campbell is 11 wins and 17 losses they do hold a winning record against union co and trigg co though if this year was the new alignment id pick caldwell co but its back to reality for caldwell when this group graduates

:HitWall: :fedup:

I'm gonna petition QQ and Dusty that every member take a spelling and grammar class twice a year.

:insane:

Atleast Berea is close to I-75. Last alignment Bell was in the West. I am just glad whoever was in charge of 3A this time atleast looked at a map.

BTW that sucks for Berea. I am sure they will appeal the placement.