Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green backs....err, buys out return trip to Blackman.
From someone with absolutely no dog in this fight I see a whole bunch of nothin on those videos.

The "late hit" was a bang bang play and one that officials on any level would let go on.

The flag as they line up is inconclusive at best. There isn't anything whatsoever that the video shows merits a flag. The assumption I would make would be that flag was thrown for something verbal, but just like the claim being made about taunting on the sideline there is no way to validate that simply going by the videos.

Long story short..if that video is supposed to be evidence of egregious officiating then I think someone is a little too close to the situation to be seeing it with clear vision. There is nothing in that video that you couldn't pull from 99% of high school games on any given Friday Night.

What I will say though is that it is low brow of Wallace to wait so late to announce they are not playing. If the actions of Blackman were in fact the reason for not re-upping then he would have known this was a game he did not want to play back in December and should have parted ways then.
Instead of making up things about BG are you even going to mention the personal fouls against Oakland or how a player got ejected by those biased TENNESSEE refs in the playoffs. Nobody was ejected from this game.
I'm assuming Wallace was waiting to see if he could get a replacement game. It appears he finally got one and then sent the check. Looking out for his program is his job. THAT would be/should be the crux of any complaint. You can label that a lack of class and it might not be classy true but I don't blame him.
Ok...I am not against anybody...I am for kids.

I didn't jockey any of the video...
I just filmed the game...BTW...
I will not be called a liar.

Below are both views un cut...meaning other than ground shots....the video is the video...

I am for kids attending college.....and fair play....enjoy...

my contact by phone is 615-812-5999
I didn't jockey the video...it is what it is...
Welp...Blackman has went out and scheduled Hoover, AL at The Hoover Met to replace this game.
Good for them.
At least we know they want to play good competition.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm assuming Wallace was waiting to see if he could get a replacement game. It appears he finally got one and then sent the check. Looking out for his program is his job. THAT would be/should be the crux of any complaint. You can label that a lack of class and it might not be classy true but I don't blame him.

:biglmao:
Good for them. So all the bluster and hoopla from Shadowens about the timing and his bogus number on lost revenue can now stop bothering you.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Good for them. So all the bluster and hoopla from Shadowens about the timing and his bogus number on lost revenue can now stop bothering you.

I am sure that Bowling Green and the state of KY for that matter are mighty proud to have you representing them on this public forum......

When Blackman agreed to the two year deal with BG, Wallace insisted that the first game be in Bowling Green. With all the hype and the game this year at Blackman, I think the stated potential $20,000 gate was a low number for this contest.

Now, with BG only paying $5K to chicken out, that's a minimum $15K hit.

Now, since it is so late, Blackman has to play away again. So, no gate this time either...and add a 3 hour trip.

My point on the late hit is that the flags did not fly with equality and certainly you do not see "thuggish" behavior in the video as well.

And, as far as I know (and I was there), no one got ejected from the Oakland playoff game. Show me and perhaps I'll concede on that one. I'm pretty sure everyone played in the state semis against Maryville.
I wish you could read. I said Playoff game not Oakland playoff game. They played more than 1 did they not? You also do not know the financial deal Hoover made to get them there.
By the way. I'm from Lexington, Kentucky. I was at the game because i'm ate up with football. As people with more than 9 posts know on this board that I am opinionated and I love to "call a spade a spade" and that eats people up in this world of relativism and half truth. #poundsand
Iam4thecats Wrote:By the way. I'm from Lexington, Kentucky. I was at the game because i'm ate up with football. As people with more than 9 posts know on this board that I am opinionated and I love to "call a spade a spade" and that eats people up in this world of relativism and half truth. #poundsand

WooHoo........:lame:

#bowlinggreencoachhasnoclass
#nowihave10posts
#hoover>bowlinggreen
#amidoingthisright?
#idontcareanyway
Well I have had it...all we did was film the game...

I have nothing against BG or Blackman...

Well here are both clips...of what I caught in full...

Upper and Lower view clips in full

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ou8TOJIA3-c

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jmB2GMYtth8

All we care about is seeing kids go to college...football is our vehicle...

Thanks to all those who support Judy and I...we are trying and nobody pays us.
Red Rebels is here too. I'm on some sort of 5 post probation, so this might not show up right away.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I wish you could read. I said Playoff game not Oakland playoff game. They played more than 1 did they not? You also do not know the financial deal Hoover made to get them there.

The only time somebody had to sit was one of our players had to sit the first playoff game due to receiving 2 of the BOGUS calls from the BG refs the week prior. Nobody was ejected from a playoff game.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Good for them. So all the bluster and hoopla from Shadowens about the timing and his bogus number on lost revenue can now stop bothering you.

Really? You think this is a fair situation. BG chickens out (or whatever you want to call it) and has another cupcake in their pocket. Now Blackman is left in a terrible situation where everybody in the state is on the 2nd year of their contract with NO open date Week 10. So what do they do? They could leave it at 9 games, giving them a Bye week after their hardest test of the season and right before the playoffs. OR.... They go schedule an AWAY game at the Alabama 6A State Champs (and some peoples National Champs) which will be about a 4 hour road trip.

Spin it any way you want, this makes BG look like a big bunch of babies (led by the biggest baby of them all).
I don't know what you TN fans are still ticked about. This worked out awesome for you all.
I would be tickled to death to get to play Hoover. One of the best programs in the nation.
Most remember them from the mtv show a few years back. There usually on ESPN at least once a year.

If I were you all, id see this as a win in my books.
blazeburnin Wrote:The only time somebody had to sit was one of our players had to sit the first playoff game due to receiving 2 of the BOGUS calls from the BG refs the week prior. Nobody was ejected from a playoff game.

Liar. Nobody sat out the any playoff game for the BG game because nobody was ejected. Those things are public record here in KY look it up.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Liar. Nobody sat out the any playoff game for the BG game because nobody was ejected. Those things are public record here in KY look it up.

Are you sure???

"The big game in town is a District 7-AAA rematch from Week 8 when Blackman defeated Smyrna 28-13 at Robert L. Raikes. The Bulldogs will attempt to return the favor and beat the Blaze at The Inferno at 7 tonight.

Blackman will be without safety/fullback Chase Murphy, who was ejected during Blackman's loss to Bowling Green."

http://www.usatodayhss.com/dnj/article/k...3311080028
There is every player for any sport who has been ejected in KY since you chose not to look it up.

http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/dq_list_public/ There is the web page.
Is the Hoover game @ Blackman?
Iam4thecats Wrote:There is every player for any sport who has been ejected in KY since you chose not to look it up.

HEY....I just saw my little cousin got bounced out of a baseball game this past spring for being unsportsmanlike. LOL....I'll have to give the little thug some guff at the next family get together.:biggrin:

Thanks for the laugh cats...I didn't know about that web page.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Liar. Nobody sat out the any playoff game for the BG game because nobody was ejected. Those things are public record here in KY look it up.

Iam4thecats Wrote:There is every player for any sport who has been ejected in KY since you chose not to look it up.

Whether or not you believe it happened, Blackman had a player that had to sit out Week one of the playoffs because of receiving 2 of the CRAPPY personal fouls. It was attempted to be appealed to the TSSAA, but there is no such process for those cases. QUIT TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW!!!

And I highly doubt a player from another state would appear on the Kentucky Association's list of DQ'ed players.
I thought there was an appeals process in Tennessee. Doesn't the school send it in writing with $50 the day after the ejection?
I heard something about the fact that since it happened in another state they could not challenge it.
Ok here is a thought. Stay with me. If one doesn't want to get an unsportsmanlike called against them and possibly risk getting kicked out and having to sit out the first game of the playoffs one would only need to show sportsmanship. Not too hard in my book. Keep your mouth shut, play clean, and let your pads do the talking. The picture above, cropped or not shows an obvious personal foul (hands to the face) and should have been called. Not much to argue about there.

Officials don't go looking to throw unsportsmanlike flags on high school kids for no reason. It is naive to think that nothing was said or done to earn the flags. Your going to say that without a doubt that nothing was said to the ref when the kid came walking past him and brushed up against him? That this grown man was just looking to throw a flag? That the kid wasn't frustrated and didn't voice his frustration?

If you go over to the Coach T message board you will find a 22 page thread about this game. The first 50 or so posts are Blackman chest pounding and then 20 pages of "they cheated". I thought the Cumberland River was going to overflow with all the tears pouring in. I would encourage everyone to visit. It is worth a good laugh.

Hoover Alabama on TV and your still crying? For what it's worth I don't like BG backing out of this game but I also understand that if Coach Wallace thought for a moment that his kids were at risk of a "payback" he would feel obligated to keep his kids safe. Go and read the thread on the other site and see for yourself if you would want to go play infront of some of those fans and risk something bad going down. Not hard to read between the lines.
Boyle county is looking for an opponent for week 10 of the 2014 season since Whitley back out on the week 10 date.
:flame:
fanof87 Wrote:..... ..... Your going to say that without a doubt that nothing was said to the ref when the kid came walking past him and brushed up against him? ......

YES - Without a doubt Shanklin said NOTHING.

fanof87 Wrote:..... It is worth a good laugh.

You know what really is worth a good laugh? All the KY faithful defending the terrible officiating that went on last year up there.

fanof87 Wrote:Hoover Alabama on TV and your still crying?

Nope - Glad to get LUCKY and play a team with a better coach and stronger program.

fanof87 Wrote:Go and read the thread on the other site and see for yourself if you would want to go play infront of some of those fans and risk something bad going down. Not hard to read between the lines.

You are correct - not hard at all....
[Image:

]

Good luck this year BG and I hope your coach feels good about leaving a stain on your programs good name.
fanof87 Wrote:Ok here is a thought. Stay with me. If one doesn't want to get an unsportsmanlike called against them and possibly risk getting kicked out and having to sit out the first game of the playoffs one would only need to show sportsmanship. Not too hard in my book. Keep your mouth shut, play clean, and let your pads do the talking. The picture above, cropped or not shows an obvious personal foul (hands to the face) and should have been called. Not much to argue about there.

Officials don't go looking to throw unsportsmanlike flags on high school kids for no reason. It is naive to think that nothing was said or done to earn the flags. Your going to say that without a doubt that nothing was said to the ref when the kid came walking past him and brushed up against him? That this grown man was just looking to throw a flag? That the kid wasn't frustrated and didn't voice his frustration?

If you go over to the Coach T message board you will find a 22 page thread about this game. The first 50 or so posts are Blackman chest pounding and then 20 pages of "they cheated". I thought the Cumberland River was going to overflow with all the tears pouring in. I would encourage everyone to visit. It is worth a good laugh.

Hoover Alabama on TV and your still crying? For what it's worth I don't like BG backing out of this game but I also understand that if Coach Wallace thought for a moment that his kids were at risk of a "payback" he would feel obligated to keep his kids safe. Go and read the thread on the other site and see for yourself if you would want to go play infront of some of those fans and risk something bad going down. Not hard to read between the lines.

Just to clarify, the player in that picture wasn't the one that had to sit out, and there wasn't a flag thrown from that picture.
Also, if you say that players only have to "show sportsmanship" in order to avoid getting a flag, how do you justify the flag for the "bump"? Don't try to say "he must've said something", because he didn't and the Blackman bench/coaches were told that it was for "physical contact with an official".